Experience with CAS status change on B2B question

SummerBeee

I’ve got 2 B2B cruises for 2020

In January we are on Allure and my daughter will go from Emerald to Diamond on the first leg. We are in a suite the first week, not the second (classes start after MLK day this year so we are sending hubby home and enjoying another week in the sun)

Before anyone asks, she took her first RC cruise at the age of 18, we’ve cruised quite a bit and she’s got the points. 

In February I’m doing B2B on Adventure. During the first week I’ll go from Diamond to Diamond Plus.

Has anyone changed statuses on either of these ships recently doing B2B? If so, were you able to take advantage of the perks on the second leg? I know the new status is only applicable after the first cruise is completed. Any advice would be appreciated 🙂

17 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

See the Loyalty Ambassador during the first cruise.  They should be able to arrange the new C&A level for the second cruise.

This is accurate.  I did this same thing on a B2B on Majesty at the end of the summer.

I had that happen on a b2b the involved 2 ships. I went to the loyalty ambassador on the second one and showed my cruise card from the first.  After looking up my history in the computer they put a diamond sticker on my card and updated their records for that sailing to reflect that I earned diamond status .  They also notified the diamond concierge so she could issue a key to open the diamond lounge door  

We are Emerald currently. We are on a B2B JS 10 Day total.  We make Diamond during the second leg.  We're going to try doing this, but don't expect it will happen, given it is during the second leg.  But, it will be a holiday cruise, maybe they will feel generous.  We're also contemplating booking on board, so will be asking if we can get the higher discounts too.  Maybe that will grease the skids. 

If they decline, no biggie, we'll have fun anyways. 

Have appreciated the great info we've received here on CC about B2B and Diamond.

On 11/12/2019 at 8:15 AM, SummerBeeSweet said:

I’ve got 2 B2B cruises for 2020

In January we are on Allure and my daughter will go from Emerald to Diamond on the first leg. We are in a suite the first week, not the second (classes start after MLK day this year so we are sending hubby home and enjoying another week in the sun)

Before anyone asks, she took her first RC cruise at the age of 18, we’ve cruised quite a bit and she’s got the points. 

In February I’m doing B2B on Adventure. During the first week I’ll go from Diamond to Diamond Plus.

Has anyone changed statuses on either of these ships recently doing B2B? If so, were you able to take advantage of the perks on the second leg? I know the new status is only applicable after the first cruise is completed. Any advice would be appreciated 🙂

We did in March 2017 and did exactly what Bob recommended (#2). The LA made it happen for the second Leg. But contact the LA early on your first leg to give the LA plenty of time to make it happen for you. 

Edited by davekathy

We made D+ on our recent Adventure B2B. The LA was not helpful at all. We talked to Rafael, our fabulous Diamond concierge and he made it happen. He even made an announcement in the lounge when we made the point cut the first week and presented us with our new pins.  He made sure we got our new cards and all benefits added for the 2nd leg. 
Alternatively, we met a couple going from Emerald to Diamond on the same cruise and the LA would not acknowledge their new status. He said they had to wait till a future cruise.

2 hours ago, shellunderwater said:

We are Emerald currently. We are on a B2B JS 10 Day total.  We make Diamond during the second leg.  We're going to try doing this, but don't expect it will happen, given it is during the second leg.  But, it will be a holiday cruise, maybe they will feel generous.  We're also contemplating booking on board, so will be asking if we can get the higher discounts too.  Maybe that will grease the skids. 

If they decline, no biggie, we'll have fun anyways. 

Have appreciated the great info we've received here on CC about B2B and Diamond.

You don't actually make Diamond during the second leg -- you will make Diamond after the COMPLETION of the second leg.  

You have to complete the cruise for the points to be added to your total -- they aren't added on a day-by-day basis.  If you don't have 80 points from the points accrued by your completion of your first leg, you won't be Diamond during your second leg.

We will be going to the next level on a B2B as well.  First is 5 night, then the 9 night.  

If they count the points of the first 5 night leg, I will turn next level on 2nd night of 9 night.  If not...got it covered, I will turn on day 7.  😉 

13 minutes ago, island lady said:

We will be going to the next level on a B2B as well.  First is 5 night, then the 9 night.  

If they count the points of the first 5 night leg, I will turn next level on 2nd night of 9 night.  If not...got it covered, I will turn on day 7.  😉 

Except you won't turn at all until your NEXT trip (unless you're turning Pinnacle).

Your points aren't "counted" until after your trip has concluded.  So even if they count the five nights from the first leg, you still won't have reached the next level by the start of your second leg.  

1 hour ago, brillohead said:

Except you won't turn at all until your NEXT trip (unless you're turning Pinnacle).

Your points aren't "counted" until after your trip has concluded.  So even if they count the five nights from the first leg, you still won't have reached the next level by the start of your second leg.  

I will answer for Pat, she and her husband Bucky will be turning Pinnacle. 🙂

16 hours ago, davekathy said:

I will answer for Pat, she and her husband Bucky will be turning Pinnacle. 🙂

It crept up on us.  Had to take back my words of years before...to never say never.  😉 

Though in my heart, I will always be a member of the DS club.  🥂

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1

Thanks for the info, hopefully the LA on Allure and Adventure will be helpful with our status increases. 

Our January cruise will be my daughter’s first BIG ship. Hopefully we will get to experience everything over the 14 nights. Shows are booked and both cruises go to CocoCay