muster drill video?

39august

19 hours ago, Nymich said:

I miss that movie.  at least every time I watched it I was on a cruise!

Well said!  Thanks for the laugh.  I'd be very happy to watch it now instead of being at home waiting for the next cruise.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I wish I could watch it one more time -  Tomorrow.    BTW our muster was the Theater and PLENTY of SEATING.    If in theater recommend getting there early.    They direct you to the front  rows of the theater.   When muster ends they exit orderly starting with the front row.    

• Like 1

I was on a Celebrity cruise earlier this year. Our muster drill was held in the Tuscan Grill. They showed the Wash Your Hands video and the Spy video. I was sitting at a table with a 30-ish couple for whom the cruise was their first one. They laughed and enjoyed Wash Your Hands. The wife said it was a clever way to make the point. At the end of the drill, after the Spy video, they looked at me and both agreed, that the Spy video told them nothing. They didn’t understand where to go, about life jackets, etc. I have a lot of cruising experience and told them what to expect/do in the event of an evacuate the ship signal. The wife was very appreciative that I would do that. She said I don’t understand why a serious topic like that would be treated so casually. I learned nothing from the video.

Alas, I thought we'd escape it this weekend sailing on Harmony of the Seas. It will be the 5th cruise this year having to watch it, when once was enough! Not to mention the "wash your hands" ear-worm! I'll never get that out of my mind now. 😱

On 11/12/2019 at 8:35 PM, TeaBag said:

No stupid video on Summit Oct 6.  Good riddance.  Half the time you couldn't even see it anyway, for people standing in front of you in some of the crowded locations they chose for the muster drill.

We had the horrible Picture Gallery as our location.  No video just waiting for the birthday announcements to get done so that we could leave.  Standing for the duration with no seats for nearly everyone... oh but if you did not understand the English version.. go watch it on your TV.  There has to be a better way.

On 11/12/2019 at 2:44 PM, 39august said:

We did NOT have the ridiculous "spy" video on Equinox in Sept. Anyone else recently muster that did NOT have this? So hoping they are doing away with it. 

They did not have it on our Millennium cruise in October.  I was very thankful as I very much disliked it.  When it comes to Muster Drill, get me in and get me out.  Trying to entertain me through the process doesn't make it any better.

• Like 1