Prepay gratuities for others in my travel party?

adstz

I'm looking for the easiest way to prepay gratuities for 2 other cabins. My husband and I are taking the kids on an Alaska cruise. My original booking had prepaid gratuities. Yesterday I gave those up for a 10% reduction in price, free specialty dinners for all and free wine.

As I am saving more than the cost of the total gratuities for 7 people I want to prepay gratuities on THEIR cabins. I know how to do it on mine but...

I have their booking numbers as I am paying for the cruise. I don't want to register my credit card on the accounts as they are paying their own shipboard accounts.

What's the easiest way to prepay for this? Should I call Princess?

Thanks for any ideas.

• Like 1

I have done this before for my parents. Just log into their Cruise Personalizer by using their booking number and the name and birthdate of the main person on their cabin. Then go under their gratuities (under Payment Summary) and you can pay with any credit card you want. It will ask if the person paying is on the booking or not, so just mark that the payor is not on that booking and fill in your name and credit card information. They might get an email saying that their gratuities have been paid. Nice of you to do! 🙂

I did this a couple of years back for my inlaws when they were traveling with us.  They had never cruised before and I didn't want them to be hit with the gratuity as a surprise.  I paid for their gratuities in their booking on the Cruise Personalizer and they were responsible for their on board expenses using their credit card.  It is super easy to do.

• Like 1