Priority Boarding times

blizzardboy

2 hours ago, lar1ry said:

Taking our first Holland America cruise and we were surprised to receive the email about their progressive check-in schedule. Our plans for Dec 1st were to be at the terminal about 11:30 and have lunch on the ship. Does Holland America enforce their check-in times? This is only my second cruise. We went on a Royal Carribbean cruise last year and don't remember any similar policy. Quite a disappointment if this is how they do it.

I am showing up at 11:00 AM in two weeks and will report back here if I can indeed board at 11:30 AM.  It must be noted that the second week of  my B2B has not received notice of the new compressed boarding schedule.

Edited by Crew News

You are a 5 Star Mariner. 

Most CC readers on this board are not.

Advising others to arrive at the same time as you is not helpful.

HAL is assigning check-in times to reduce waiting in the terminals.

David

1 hour ago, jimmy2x said:

My upcoming cruise in February will be my first as a 4*. My lady friend is not. How does that work?

Assuming you are leaving from Fort Lauderdale, one of those perks is early boarding with you under the normal HAL boarding schedule or boarding with you whenever you arrive at the terminal.

New to HAL - booked in a Neptune Suite - sailing out of San Diego in 10 days  😁

We have not received anything about what time we can board.  Out flight into San Diego arrives at about noon - and since it is only about a 10 minute taxi ride to the cruise-port - will we be able to board as soon as we get to the ship ???  (or shortly thereafter at 1:00 PM ??)

Thanks 

45 minutes ago, GreenValleyDogWalker said:

We have not received anything about what time we can board.  Out flight into San Diego arrives at about noon - and since it is only about a 10 minute taxi ride to the cruise-port - will we be able to board as soon as we get to the ship ???  (or shortly thereafter at 1:00 PM ??)

Thanks 

If you're in  Neptune Suite, you will be able to board in the first group. If boarding has already started when you arrive, and that's likely to be the case, you would be able to board right after you check in. 

46 minutes ago, GreenValleyDogWalker said:

Thanks 

Which ship are you sailing on?

Often these only pertain to the Pinnacle Class ships unless there a lot of ships in at the same time in San Diego.

You should be fine if you haven’t received any notification, generally speaking and Neptune Suites have priority 😉