We’ve been moved....but I don’t understand why?

little miss chatterbox

We booked a New Years cruise on Divina in January just had a call from our TA to inform us that we have been moved to the room next door.  The reason given was that it wasn’t in a saleable condition....we still have over a month to go, so I cant see why? I’m new to MSC. What would you guys do (I cant work out if opposite the new room is a service room)?

Thanks in advance

xxxxxx

1 minute ago, sidari said:

It could be that your previous room was for 3 or 4 people and a family have booked meaning you have been moved to a cabin for 2. It could also be to balance numbers for the Lifeboats.

From what I can see its the same size and class cabin....I’m not happy with the fact that they are saying its not in a saleable condition and I can see someone else being in there when we get on.  I didn’t think about the lifeboat thing though....why don’t they just say that, I’d prefer that. 

Thanks for replying, much appreciated 

MSC doesn´t guarantee a certain room number although you can chose when you book. It´s in their fine print that they can change the room whenever they want and for whatever reason. Usually it´s some sort of an upgrade but it can be within the same category too.

steamboats

If the particular cabin is important to you get written confirmation before you book that this rule will not be invoked. We have written confirmation from MSC that our YC cabin will not be changed without our prior approval.

Edited by mickey89

13 hours ago, April42749 said:

You are saying "saleable"....not "sailable" correct?

If so, it may mean that it wasn't for sale for you....maybe because of size etc...as others had said.

"Sailable" would me that it needs repairs etc.

Exactly this...I suspect it means the room has repair issues and they moved you for that reason

IF its about #s and the room fit 3 and you are a party of 2, they can do that as well if the other party is 3...