Dublin - Port of Call

cruisefan2012

I`ve been to Dublin many times independantly over the years but will be calling in during my Aurora (R015) cruise in August 2020

Does anybody know where the ship will dock, debating doing my own thing in Dublin versus a P&O ship tour...

Will Aurora dock near where the 3 Arena is - If so I know where I am then and can walk easily into the city and back !!

15 minutes ago, cruisefan2012 said:

I`ve been to Dublin many times independantly over the years but will be calling in during my Aurora (R015) cruise in August 2020

Does anybody know where the ship will dock, debating doing my own thing in Dublin versus a P&O ship tour...

Will Aurora dock near where the 3 Arena is - If so I know where I am then and can walk easily into the city and back !!

When we visited Dublin in August 2017 there was a P&O shuttle bus service that dropped us off in Merrion Square North and I think that is still the case.

The Shuttle bus service took around 30 minuets.

Edited by P-L-B

7 hours ago, P-L-B said:

Sorry, should read 30 Minutes, i blame the auto correct. :classic_blush:

BTW, we did our own sightseeing and had a great day in Dublin.:classic_smile:

Oh,I thought you was talking about Dubai not Dublin,lol.

• Like 1

Any time we have been in Dublin the berth was quite far out and the shuttle journey necessary as too far to walk (and I like a good walk).

I don’t know if they still offer it but P&O used to do a really good excursion to a village outside Dublin where you had a meal and watched folk dancing and music. It was really fun.

4 hours ago, Clodia said:

I love it when shuttle buses dance minuets!

Minuet.

'a slow, stately ballroom dance for two in triple time, popular especially in the 18th century.' 

Although some have accused P&O of not moving on with the times at least they have dropped dancing minuets. 😂