Price Drop Checking After Applying FCC

LuCruise

We have a cruise booked on Mariner for next summer, and have since been able to apply Kids Sale Free for our younger one.  - price #1

Last summer we received FCC from our Navigator cruise due to Dorian (but could only use for the rest of us as our daughter got KSF). - price #2  (which is price #1- FCC)

My question is....when I'm looking for price drops....do I compare the current sale price to price #1 or to price #2?  I'm assuming price #2 as the basic cruise fare has been adjusted but not sure as our current booking price was used with the FCC (i.e. rather than having to take the sale at the time minus FCC)

I would look at the current price relative to what you locked your price in at WITHOUT the use of the FCC.  Consider the FCC like a gift card that you will put towards the cruise fare to offset how much you pay out of pocket.  Remember that the FCC can only be used towards the cruise fare, so if the price drops below what the value of your FCC is, you won't be able to use that for this particular cruise.

Thanks.  I should say that in the invoice, they adjusted the numbers funny.  Rather than the new invoice for price #2 looking the same as invoice #1 minus an entry for FCC , it's split out the other charges differently.  i.e. There is no entry for FCC, but if I look at the Total Charge, the number equals booking #1 - FCC.

11 minutes ago, LuCruise said:

Thanks.  I should say that in the invoice, they adjusted the numbers funny.  Rather than the new invoice for price #2 looking the same as invoice #1 minus an entry for FCC , it's split out the other charges differently.  i.e. There is no entry for FCC, but if I look at the Total Charge, the number equals booking #1 - FCC.

How they priced it is standard for FCC’s.  It’s an adjustment to the fare and not it’s own line item. 

4 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

How they priced it is standard for FCC’s.  It’s an adjustment to the fare and not it’s own line item. 

Thanks.  This is actually a good thing for us as it won't affect our insurance. 

As a separate question....I assume we can apply my daughter's FCC to another cruise that doesn't have Kids Sale Free (which no other ones will)?  Funny enough, it didn't even occur to me until now. 

2 minutes ago, LuCruise said:

As a separate question....I assume we can apply my daughter's FCC to another cruise that doesn't have Kids Sale Free (which no other ones will)?  Funny enough, it didn't even occur to me until now. 

Correct.

19 minutes ago, molly361 said:

I think it's harder to figure out and get price drops once a FCC is applied since like @Ourusualbeach said they manipulate the base price to apply the FCC not just used it as $$ off which would make more sense

Thanks.  For that one then I know our last price before FCC so will just call in then if it ever goes below.

Sorry one last question.  We have another cruise where final payment is due in a week, but I've already paid it off.  This cruise has gone up anyways from when we booked so no price drops coming within the next week.  However, can we apply my daughter's FCC to that cruise and then get credit?

Edited by LuCruise

7 minutes ago, LuCruise said:

... However, can we apply my daughter's FCC to that cruise and then get credit?

You should be able to apply the FCC and get credit, however I don't know if they will reprice to current prices before applying the FCC.

8 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

You should be able to apply the FCC and get credit, however I don't know if they will reprice to current prices before applying the FCC.

Thanks.  For our Mariner one in my original post, they didn't reprice.  They used our current price - FCC.  

I am confused about the FCC now. We just had to cancel a NRF deposit cruise.  So, we now have a $700 FCC.  We have a cruise booked in spring of 2021 that has more than doubled in price since booking.  We also are looking at booking a new cruise for fall of 2021 tomorrow that has just been released.  Can we apply that FCC to the spring cruise that has more than doubled in price?  If they repriced that cruise we would be better off not to have the FCC at all!  Or should we just apply it to the new cruise we have not yet booked?

1 minute ago, Sunny AZ Girl said:

I am confused about the FCC now. We just had to cancel a NRF deposit cruise.  So, we now have a $700 FCC.  We have a cruise booked in spring of 2021 that has more than doubled in price since booking.  We also are looking at booking a new cruise for fall of 2021 tomorrow that has just been released.  Can we apply that FCC to the spring cruise that has more than doubled in price?  If they repriced that cruise we would be better off not to have the FCC at all!  Or should we just apply it to the new cruise we have not yet booked?

They won't re price your cruise when you apply the FCC- it's a question of AFTER it's applied and IF there is a price drop how they handle that  Like @marci22 said I would not apply it until the last possible time allowed