Sunset suites - question

Lolou127

On 12/9/2019 at 6:13 PM, jelayne said:

I thought it was strange to call them Sunset since the FV on SClass ship are far forward.  

I noticed that Celebrity's Stateroom Selling Guide lists this as a selling point for the Solstice class FV cabins:

"Perfect for a family of 5. Quiet location. 4th largest cabin of the entire ship for a lot less of the price.  Sunset view.  Lounging chairs available in the veranda".

So this may shed some light as to the origin for the Sunset Suite name.  And, yes, their forward-most location doesn't mean that the cabins are quiet when the ship docks or anchors.

I also noticed that this is the exact same language, word for word, used as a selling point for the Millennium class FV cabins which are at the back of the ship.  So that may shed some light as to where that selling point description came from.

Edited by mahdnc

I think that is a polite way to say that even if the cabins are in the front of the ship, you don't have a forward view.  The veranda is on the side of the ship with a blocked forward view so you can only see aft (sunset view).

The ones on the aft are well, really sunset views.

Also the sky lounge is the sky observation lounge, I think it was really the conference center that was going to be impacted the most by the new cabins. I haven't heard a thing  about the reflection suite being include in the upgrade. Surprised they wouldn't pick a edge suite over reflection suite. That would impact the lounge!

Thanks for info.

11 minutes ago, E&N_L2Cruise said:

I think that is a polite way to say that even if the cabins are in the front of the ship, you don't have a forward view.  The veranda is on the side of the ship with a blocked forward view so you can only see aft (sunset view).

The ones on the aft are well, really sunset views.

Also the sky lounge is the sky observation lounge, I think it was really the conference center that was going to be impacted the most by the new cabins. I haven't heard a thing  about the reflection suite being include in the upgrade. Surprised they wouldn't pick a edge suite over reflection suite. That would impact the lounge!

Thanks for info.

Look at this thread: Equinox Revolution.  In particular read Post 100 (original plans) and then 99 (modified plans).

The original plans to install the Signature Suites and Reflection Suite would have not just cannibalized the Conference Room, they would have eaten even more Sky Lounge space.  Trust me, I was on Reflection a year ago and then on Solstice two weeks ago.  The Sky Lounge space difference between the two ships is striking.

Anyway, that thread is pretty loaded with information.  It is an interesting read. 

Edited by mahdnc

I think I agreed with you,  if they add a large suite like reflection or Iconic in would have a big impact on the lounge.  What is interesting is that when you go to the suites page for Celebrity Cruises: 

https://www.celebritycruises.com/things-to-do-onboard/staterooms/suite-class/sunset-suite

It tells you that the sunset suite will be on all the Revolution upgraded ships (the when schedule seems up in the air,  but they names the ships).  If you look at any other suite class, there is no mention of them being added to the revolution upgrades.   That is what seems surprising.  It is not on the reflection suite, iconic suite, etc. You would think if they were adding a Reflection Suite as part of the upgrade they would state it like they do the sunset suite. 

What is true is the Reflection Suite is already part of the system and all they would have to do is unlock the suite and make it available for booking.  

I hope they don't add the suite, I think the sky lounge is one of the nicest places to hang out on the ship, along with the martini bar.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

If you look at bookings for the Silhouette on and after 4/7/2021 and book a suite, it will lists the Sunset Suite as available and if you select pick your own cabin,  it lists the 4 Sunset Suites. They are in fact the redesigned Family Veranda Cabins.  7107, 7108, 8107, 8108 and are listed at 575 sqft.  In the gallery they show the same two pictures that are on the celebrity website, Main cabin and Bedroom.  I don't know what the significance of 4/7/2021 is, I don't see a gap for another refurbishment, unless it is only a couple of weeks long.  It also does not list a Reflection suite or Sunset/Signature suites on deck 12.  Still have not seen anything official about the Silhouette refurbishment yet, probably won't until the ship is ready to leave dry dock. 

On 1/11/2020 at 3:37 AM, chrismakris said:

I just checked the deck plans for the Eclipse for our Australia cruise and shows a new cabin class on deck 14 where they have taken out the conference centre and part of the Sky observation lounge. 

It looks like all the FV rooms are being kept. 

Curious to see if these new cabins will be noisy with the lounge going until 1am and the sports court above them

I just looked at those deck plans. Those plans look exactly like Equinox looked before her revolution.  Those are signature suites and a reflection suite. I booked a signature suite on Equinox before the renovation and that is exactly where our room was located. As all know due to having to move the renovations to Cadiz the signature/reflection suite were not added to Equinox.  
On another note we are booked on Eclipse in May 2022 from Hawaii and those Family Verandas are in fact slated to be sunset suites. Available for $1500 pp more than the Celebrity suite.  I get the room is bigger but with no additional benefits it does not seem $1500 pp bigger.

Edited by mmeg29

An interesting thread.  Just been looking at Sunset Suite for M Class Constellation.  We have a FV corner aft cabin booked in Oct 2020 post refit.  Excited as will have been converted to a Sunset Suite but will not have all the Suite Class benefits.  However what I am stunned by is the price of these suites in 2021.  On M Class the cabins are not as large as on S Class but do have massive balconies (especially the 6 corner ones).  However their layout and bathroom size is far inferior to Celebrity Suite so how can Celebrity justify the following price scale?

35548C86-87B2-4FBD-BCE9-4B9BD6690061.png

For M Class ships I concur,  even if you add the veranda and cabin together the FV/Sunset Suite is still smaller than the Celebrity suite and the Sunset cabin is  1/2 of its size.  Not sure what celebrity is thinking.  The only way they could justify the price is to link the perks to the level of a Royal Suite and make the cabin a lot bigger than it is.

15 hours ago, Stu UK said:

An interesting thread.  Just been looking at Sunset Suite for M Class Constellation.  We have a FV corner aft cabin booked in Oct 2020 post refit.  Excited as will have been converted to a Sunset Suite but will not have all the Suite Class benefits.  However what I am stunned by is the price of these suites in 2021.  On M Class the cabins are not as large as on S Class but do have massive balconies (especially the 6 corner ones).  However their layout and bathroom size is far inferior to Celebrity Suite so how can Celebrity justify the following price scale?

35548C86-87B2-4FBD-BCE9-4B9BD6690061.png

Deleted

I also find it interesting that they show all the old pictures of suites except for the Sunset Suites.  Have you seen the revolution suite cabins on the Millennium and the Summit.  All the cabins have been significantly updated and the Celebrity cabin looks completely different.  Here is a youtube video:  

• 4 weeks later...

Just spotted these images on a TA site advertising Celebrity Cruises. I wonder if the top image is an artists impression of a M Class sunset suite. I can’t think of any other long thin cabin that would be furnished to this spec. Looks like the sliding doors are removed and a small dining table added (bottom right of image). Of course I could be totally wrong. 

DCAE4D20-5F4D-46D5-894F-6CB877178992.png

1 hour ago, Stu UK said:

Just spotted these images on a TA site advertising Celebrity Cruises. I wonder if the top image is an artists impression of a M Class sunset suite. I can’t think of any other long thin cabin that would be furnished to this spec. Looks like the sliding doors are removed and a small dining table added (bottom right of image). Of course I could be totally wrong. 

The top image does appear to be the old M-class FV redone into a Sunset Suite.  The flat table in the lower right hand corner is located where the foot of the bed would be so that is a bit odd.