Vista IMAX

cruisebarbie

Not sure if it will still be in theaters in September, but if you are leaving in December I feel it will be a pretty safe bet, normally they will announce the week before what will be playing in the IMAX.  May the force live long and prosper with you.

44 minutes ago, 1025cruise said:

John Heald posts the IMAX movies on his FB page Thursday or Friday before the weekend. They can change week to week.

Since Disney owns Star Wars, I would doubt it will be shown on the Carnival ships.

We saw The Last Jedi on the Liberty in June 2018 so at least then they didn't ban them and Disney already owed Star Wars then. Assuming you meant Dec 21 not Sept 21 is it possible. 

1 hour ago, M2LR said:

We saw The Last Jedi on the Liberty in June 2018 so at least then they didn't ban them and Disney already owed Star Wars then. Assuming you meant Dec 21 not Sept 21 is it possible. 

the movies on the big screen lido pool area is different then the imax movies on the vista and horizon 

2 hours ago, 1025cruise said:

John Heald posts the IMAX movies on his FB page Thursday or Friday before the weekend. They can change week to week.

Since Disney owns Star Wars, I would doubt it will be shown on the Carnival ships.

They show Disney movies in the IMAX. However, I was told there was a 3-4 week delay on them getting the new Disney movies as opposed to other new releases.

So for those looking for Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker it will probably be mid to late January 2020 before they start showing it. (my best guess)

53 minutes ago, shof515 said:

the movies on the big screen lido pool area is different then the imax movies on the vista and horizon 

Oh I know I just meant that shows there isn't a ban from Disney on showing their movies on Carnival ships. The IMAX is more first run whereas the Lido is several months delay at least. I am hoping to catch the new Star Wars movie poolside this summer.

Edited by M2LR

I was really hoping for Star Wars.  But, looks like wont be an option for our cruise.  With all the new movies coming out at Christmas I am sure we will have some good ones.  I never thought seeing a movie on a cruise would be something I would do but on our last cruise we did that one night and really enjoyed it!

Thanks everyone