First Med cruise - couple of questions

kknorr0320

My husband and I are booked on the June 1, 2020 Vision Eastern Mediterranean cruise. I was wondering if anyone could recommend an excursion for Zadar? I can't find many options. We were thinking about Krka Falls. Does anyone know if you can swim there? The excursions I've found talk about exploring the park but say nothing about swimming, yet I've seen pictures of people swimming. Will there be people at the port offering tours like other ports?

Anyone have a thought on the best time to book plane tickets? Right now 2 economy tickets are more than the cruise. 

If I buy wine in port do they confiscate it like in the Caribbean? 

Thoughts on what to do in Montenegro? 

And really important - does Vision have a diamond lounge or do you get the 3 drinks on your sea pass card? 

We bought our flights on Virgin Atlantic in early February, for our mid-July cruise this year. I tracked costs for a year, and thought that would be the low point.  About 3 weeks later it went down to the lowest point for a few days, then back up. 

Some say they get good deals using air2sea for international flights, so check those prices. 

3 hours ago, kknorr0320 said:

Anyone have a thought on the best time to book plane tickets? Right now 2 economy tickets are more than the cruise.

Depending on where you are in Florida and whether you're willing to do a connecting flight rather than a non-stop, you might want to take a look at TAP from Miami via Lisbon. They have some very competitive prices around your dates.

https://www.flytap.com/en-us/

The sail in and out of Kotor are excellent takes about 90 minutes hopefully you’ll be arriving and departing in daylight and darkness for a different experience.

As it’s your first time visiting I’d just cross over the road and wander round the city inside the walls.

If you wanted to tour I can highly recommend “Tours by Milo”

• Like 2

Vision has a small diamond lounge near another longe, so if it is busy take your drink next door.

Montonegro ,Kotor - if you like and can, we walk it on our own. Go to the fort on your own ( pay the small fee at the bottem, they took euros) and walk around the walled city afterwords.

I did a land trip to Croatia but didn't make it to Zadar or the falls.  I have never gotten off in a port though without seeing cabs/tour operators waiting. Sometimes you just have to exit the port.

Yes they confiscated alcohol of any type like in the Caribbean.

The sweet spot for airfare is the 6-9ish month mark.  Try apps like Hopper and Kayak that set alerts for specific flights or flight prices. Flights depend on what is important.  Are you willing to have 2 stops, or an 8 hr layover?  also your home airport and if you are willing to drive to another can add savings. There is a flight board which can help with specific questions. Just note if you want to add more days to the end or beginning of your cruise, sometimes leaving a day or two earlier or late can save several hundred dollars.