Gluten Free & Dairy Free-How does it work on a cruise?

WebberGirl

My wife is highly lactose intolerant and allergic to shellfish. We have been on 8 or 10 Princess, but not the Regal. All have worked the same. The first night we ask for the headwaiter when we are seated. He gets my wife's info. They go over the menu and helps her pick. Later that evening he brings the second night's menu and they make her selections. Starting the second night and every night after that, he brings over the following nights menu and takes her order. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, WebberGirl said:

Anyone with these issues cruise on Regal? How'd it go?

Contact Princess and advise them of the issue so they can notate it with the dietary department and your booking. You can do this in the personalizer/booking online.

In the booking in the first tab/summary look to the under right dietary requests.

Also once onboard talk with the Head Waiter in the restaurant you are dining in.

• Like 1

concur with both above, this is how they have dealt with my dietary restrictions.  the head waiter suggested i try to MDR for lunch when i could, but that if i asked in the buffet, there is a head chef there i can talk to to help me find foods i can eat.

• Like 1

Allergy information can also be added in the medallion app under Ocean Profile. I would still add it to the personalizer and speak personally with the head waiter in the dining room. I'm gluten intolerant and will be on the Regal in January.

• Like 1

Hi.  I have a severe rare dairy allergy called FPIES.  I have sailed on several different Princess ships but never on the Regal.  Follow the instructions that you were given above. You will then receive an email from the Princess dietary department.  Then talk to them in the main dining room. Each night they will talk to you and show you the next days lunch and dinner menus. You place your order and they will make everything according to your needs. Seriously, they are the best! 

When I go to the buffet the head chef does walk with me and tells me every single thing that I can and cannot have. They will take excellent care of you. I will attach some photos so you can see the dairy free foods that they make just for me… And you too 😊

Make sure that you always asked to talk to a head chef if you are ordering anything to eat that is not in the main dining room. Enjoy!!!

I wanted to add that I know you said that you are also gluten-free… They can and will do it just for you .

D06C9D59-A3A2-4391-A9FC-8207526719F4.jpeg

45108D64-68FF-4241-B8FF-5F8B4BEC4EF8.jpeg

D022D04F-6C2F-47E5-B380-EEF6BE023668.jpeg

E018F32C-0E9E-48D8-9737-355F4ACA3BDB.jpeg

Edited by MsSoCalCruiser
  • Like 1

There is a couple who travel on numerous cruises during the lateFall into winter months with Princess. The wife is following a very restrictive diet. They are sailing on the Ruby Princess now.

You can read about her daily meal choices on her blog. It is - 

Pescado Amarillo @blogspot.

You will find the blog by Goggling Pescadoamarillo.

You may  find her reporting interesting and helpful.

• Like 1

I noticed several gluten free designations for desserts at the International Café last week on the Caribbean Princess. They also had gluten free options in the buffet. The danger if you're very sensitive is cross contamination. I noticed, for instance, that when I ordered the vegetarian tacos from the grill that they warmed the tortillas on the griddle where they had cooked meat. Since I'm not a strict vegetarian, this wasn't a huge problem. But someone allergic to meat could have a problem with this.

• Like 1