A-Z .... The ABC and D Islands on the Zuiderdam

scubacruiserx2

A little rant . We were glad that they had church on Sunday but 6 PM runs into sunset and our dinner time . The service was well attended . 3 of the items on the dinner menu were't available and we're less than thrilled with a busy lido dinner . We continued to smell a lot of cigarette smoke and did find some cigarette butts in the railing baluster with a missing cap . Rant off  .

DSC00881 (2).JPG

DSC00882 (2).JPG

DSC01903 (3).JPG

We had a day at sea before our next port so we first checked the dinner menu . We found out that the dinner menu was a day off which explained why things weren't available . We wanted to go to breakfast and check the progress on the Christmas decorations .

DSC00895 (2).JPG

DSC00896 (2).JPG

DSC00902 (2).JPG

DSC00907 (2).JPG

DSC00908 (3).JPG

1 hour ago, scubacruiserx2 said:

The sunrise and a little adventure at breakfast

IMG_8172 (2).JPG

IMG_8178 (2).JPG

DSC00909 (2).JPG

DSC00911 (3).JPG

DSC00915 (2).JPG

So loved your breakfast video and I am already hungry!! I have really enjoyed reading all of your reports and photos!

I find the sunrise and sunset photos are breathtaking!!

Thank you

Denise😊

59 minutes ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

So loved your breakfast video and I am already hungry!! I have really enjoyed reading all of your reports and photos!

I find the sunrise and sunset photos are breathtaking!!

Thank you

Denise😊

Thanks Denise . We did have a nice sunset that evening .

34 minutes ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

The stir fry and sushi look yummy!

How has your internet been? When we did our 30 day SA cruise the WiFi was not that reliable at all. Our photos took forever to download!

Denise😊

It was slow . I tried to write on CC but couldn't until all of the photos s l o w l y came in . It might be 15 minutes before I could write a single line . I really don't know how people can do live threads with photos .

Dinner delivered usually took from 30 -60 minutes and was usually lukewarm to warm . The kitchen was just 2 floors below us and just forward . When we asked the delivery man why it took so long he said that there was only 2 people to cover the whole ship . The was good and we looked forward to our first visit to the Dominican Republic in the morning .

DSC01123 (2).JPG

DSC01124 (2).JPG

DSC01125 (2).JPG

DSC01127 (2).JPG

DSC01129 (2).JPG

DSC01132 (2).JPG

We had booked a guide for the day and Amber Cove proved to be no different than Puerta Maya in Cozumel or Mahogany bay in Roatan . They are all Carnival built shopping centers designed to keep you and your money there . In order to get to the taxis or guides you must walk the entire length of the mall . In the case of Roatan or Amber Cove you have to walk the entire length of the property and exit through the gate . It's about a mile each way in Amber Cove . In the case of Amber Cove there is a long pier and you have to walk through building # 9 and keep walking until you leave Amber Cove to the street . You then turn left and continue to walk until you meet the taxis and private guides .

DSC01173 (2).JPG

DSC01181 (2).JPG

DSC01184 (2).JPG

DR 2.png

On 12/26/2019 at 9:02 AM, 3rdGenCunarder said:

I'm on Zuiderdam later this winter, so I'll be eager to see how it goes. I remember the old days of standing at the drill while the person in charge shouted names. The card scanner is so much more efficient! 

Nice pictures! Does anyone else here think that Princess ship looks like a supermarket cart?

A GREAT DESCRIPTION of the Princess ship.