Oasis Ult. Panoramic Suite Review. Anyone yet?

Great video. Though Bedroom doesn't have much privacy with those big windows facing along the side of the ship. Would probably need to keep the blinds closed most of the time. I also would miss having a balcony but that's just me. 

2 hours ago, tangogulf said:

Great video. Though Bedroom doesn't have much privacy with those big windows facing along the side of the ship. Would probably need to keep the blinds closed most of the time. I also would miss having a balcony but that's just me. 

Yup.  I agree about missing a balcony.  Also, the location may not be the best if one is prone to seasickness.

The view, though, from the bedroom is fantastic!  Especially if you're doing a cruise in colder weather.  But the problem is that the living room has no windows and the bedroom has all the windows.  The attraction to the cabin is the view.  They needed to find a way to make the living room in the bedroom so it has all the windows and the bedroom in the living room so it is dark and private.  Not sure with the entrance to the cabin though.  You'd have to enter through the bedroom which wouldn't be good.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, tangogulf said:

Sailed panoramic suite on Adventure in pretty much same location. Didnt miss balcony at all

6 hours ago, frank808 said:

Pretty far walk to SL on 17.  But as a Star class cabin, the benefits and genie would be nice.  

We love the giant windows.  Favorite cabin for us on Freedom class is the panoramic ocean view cabins.  

With Star Class, I seriously doubt I'd hang out in SL that much

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, papaflamingo said:

The view, though, from the bedroom is fantastic!  Especially if you're doing a cruise in colder weather.  But the problem is that the living room has no windows and the bedroom has all the windows.  The attraction to the cabin is the view.  They needed to find a way to make the living room in the bedroom so it has all the windows and the bedroom in the living room so it is dark and private.  Not sure with the entrance to the cabin though.  You'd have to enter through the bedroom which wouldn't be good.  

Giant Windows in bedroom are cool

20191202_151530.thumb.jpg.7e8055c12f8cda49311efbe1e8c48158.jpg

Great way to go to bed and wake up

• Like 2

I have one booked and over my recent B3B in regular balcony cabins I was checking out the windows of the UP several times.  

For sure to change and for sleeping over night the aft facing blinds will need to be closed. 

I was surprised they didn't tint or place a mirror film on the windows.  I imagine the heat loading from the sun will be pretty impactful so you will need to keep the blinds down during the day depending on the position of the sun.  Even the bridge has roll down mirror like tinted film they can pull down on sunny days.  UP just has full blinds.

If it wasn't Star Class it wouldn't have the same appeal.  It's something different for sure.  I got a great rate when they first opened bookings.  With Star Class perks it was an easy decision.

I have two years until that booking so that gives me two years to find life size Barbie and Ken inflatable dolls that I can place in various positions around the UP cabin for the entertainment of the ship.  

Edited by twangster
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 12/30/2019 at 8:27 AM, John&LaLa said:

Giant Windows in bedroom are cool

20191202_151530.thumb.jpg.7e8055c12f8cda49311efbe1e8c48158.jpg

Great way to go to bed and wake up

Absolutely, but if they'd set it up so that the sitting room also had the view it would be better.  Carnival has a "Captain's Suite" on some of their ships.  It's set up includes the windows across the front of the sitting area, and a balcony under the bridge wing.  Seems to be a better set up to maximize the amazing views.  Here's a room layout from Carnival. 

CarnivalSunshine-CaptainsSuite-9915-Diagram.jpg

13 hours ago, papaflamingo said:

Absolutely, but if they'd set it up so that the sitting room also had the view it would be better.  Carnival has a "Captain's Suite" on some of their ships.  It's set up includes the windows across the front of the sitting area, and a balcony under the bridge wing.  Seems to be a better set up to maximize the amazing views.  Here's a room layout from Carnival. 

CarnivalSunshine-CaptainsSuite-9915-Diagram.jpg

I disagree, I for one would rather have windows in bedroom than sitting room

• Like 1

On 12/30/2019 at 9:22 AM, twangster said:

I have one booked and over my recent B3B in regular balcony cabins I was checking out the windows of the UP several times.  

For sure to change and for sleeping over night the aft facing blinds will need to be closed. 

I was surprised they didn't tint or place a mirror film on the windows.  I imagine the heat loading from the sun will be pretty impactful so you will need to keep the blinds down during the day depending on the position of the sun.  Even the bridge has roll down mirror like tinted film they can pull down on sunny days.  UP just has full blinds.

If it wasn't Star Class it wouldn't have the same appeal.  It's something different for sure.  I got a great rate when they first opened bookings.  With Star Class perks it was an easy decision.

I have two years until that booking so that gives me two years to find life size Barbie and Ken inflatable dolls that I can place in various positions around the UP cabin for the entertainment of the ship.  

Sun was never an issue on our Adventure suite 

18 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I disagree, I for one would rather have windows in bedroom than sitting room

I get that.  But for me, I could see sitting in a nice easy chair and watching the world go by.  Might as well not have he living room if it's completely enclosed.  Just my opinion.  That's why I love balconies.  I can sit on the balcony and read a book and enjoy the scenery. 

3 hours ago, papaflamingo said:

I get that.  But for me, I could see sitting in a nice easy chair and watching the world go by.  Might as well not have he living room if it's completely enclosed.  Just my opinion.  That's why I love balconies.  I can sit on the balcony and read a book and enjoy the scenery. 

One of the early mock ups of the bedroom had two nice lounge chairs facing out. 

Not a super fan of balconies, so often hot and muggy, or cold and wet.  I generally only go on our balcony at home to check the weather before walking Bell.🐾🐾🤣

• Like 3

One of the early mock ups of the bedroom had two nice lounge chairs facing out. 

Not a super fan of balconies, so often hot and muggy, or cold and wet.  I generally only go on our balcony at home to check the weather before walking Bell.[emoji252][emoji252][emoji1787]

Also not a fan of balconies. But just because it is hot, muggy and wet. Doesn't get to cold at home.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, frank808 said:

Also not a fan of balconies. But just because it is hot, muggy and wet. Doesn't get to cold at home.

I was thinking Alaska, etc..

Happy New Year, Frank

IMG_20170317_123605_862.jpg

Nice sunset and Happy New Year also. Didn't find this summer's cruise on Ovation and Brillance to be cold. It was actually quiet warm in the 80's some nights in the evenings. We were dying on the post cruise tour as most hotels didn't have AC in the rooms. It was explained that it is not usually that warm in the summer so AC was not needed.

Will you be home during he end of the month beginning week of Feb?

2 minutes ago, frank808 said:

Happy New Year also. Didn't find this summer's cruise on Ovation and Brillance to be cold. It was actually quiet warm in the 80's some nights in the evenings. We were dying on the post cruise tour as most hotels didn't have AC in the rooms. It was explained that it is not usually that warm in the summer so AC was not needed.

Will you be home during he end of the month beginning week of Feb?

Harmony on Feb 2

7 hours ago, frank808 said:

Here are a couple pics from my sunset tonight. 6b255ff3ef26b15d45aec1075023821f.jpg4ccf52a117c2c959692dcd09d0e728ad.jpg

Mine are sunrises😉

I face east

You should stop by

Love all, Serve all

Edited by John&LaLa

6 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Mine are sunrises😉

I face east

You should stop by

Love all, Serve all

Ahhhhhh mine our sunset because I face west. I rarely get to enjoy them because am out and about.  Yesterday was New Years so we did nothing but lounge around.  

I'll send you an email.