Prebuy WIFI Package

sunnibuck

Just now, Cg52 said:

If purchasing the 4 device plan in advance it’s $15 US per day. But only one of you needs to purchase it as any device can logon. At least that is what I have been told on our roll call.

Correct - only one person in cabin would purchase it.  But don't purchase it ahead of the trip if you are Platinum/Elite.

2 hours ago, Cg52 said:

We are on a 16 day cruise fire and ice island Princess. Advance purchase is $14.95 US or $19.95 Cdn per day 4 devices. We are not platinum or elite. I’m wondering what the cost is to purchase once on board? 

2 hours ago, Cg52 said:

Thank you. Do you know what the daily rate is for the 4 device package once onboard?

2 hours ago, Cg52 said:

I am not either of those levels. We have only done about 3 Princess cruises as we usually go Celebrity. Do you by chance know the daily charge for the package? Since we are in Canada and have to pay an exchange, I’m trying to figure out my best option. Thank you in advance.

56 minutes ago, Cg52 said:

Oh, that’s interesting. So maybe the full on board package won’t be as expensive. Thank you 

Without Platinum/Elite status, you should pre-order in the Cruise Personalizer as it will cost you more on board.

The on-board pricing without status for your length of cruise should be $150 for a single device and $300 for the 4-device plan. 

Your cruise falls into a range of cruise lengths that Princess is grouping under a flat rate.  Unfortunately, with the range beginning at 15 days and ending at 30, you are paying more per day than the longer voyages. 

I believe the single device plan in Personalizer should be $130 for your cruise and if they are asking the $15/day, then $240 for 4-devices.  This is one of the rare cases, where 4-devices works out to LESS than two single devices.

Edited by steelers36

4 hours ago, Cg52 said:

I’m considering pre purchasing a package for our upcoming cruise in August. However, I have $900US On Board Credit. Will I be able to pay for that with the OBC if I purchase it in advance? Also, do you know what the difference in cost is if I wait to purchase on board? Thank you in Advance for the help.

Colo was correct in his reply to you that pre-order of Internet plans cannot be paid with OBC.  You can find the pricing in my posting above.  Hope it all helps.  Perhaps you can use OBC in other ways.

54 minutes ago, steelers36 said:

Colo was correct in his reply to you that pre-order of Internet plans cannot be paid with OBC.  You can find the pricing in my posting above.  Hope it all helps.  Perhaps you can use OBC in other ways.

Thank you so much for all this information. Purchasing in advance is definitely my best bet...at $300 US on board I can get it for $300Cdn by purchasing in advance.  I appreciate the help.

On 1/3/2020 at 12:50 AM, Cg52 said:

I’m considering pre purchasing a package for our upcoming cruise in August. However, I have $900US On Board Credit. Will I be able to pay for that with the OBC if I purchase it in advance? Also, do you know what the difference in cost is if I wait to purchase on board? Thank you in Advance for the help.

I purchased in advance of the cruise.   $10 a day which was a far better deal that I could get from our Australian Telecom providers (any of them).   So for $140 Australian, I had 14 days unlimited internet onboard Ruby Princess.  Worked an absolute treat.   BTW for some reason I could have paid for this using my OBC before the cruise as this was offered to me by Princess.