Prebuy WIFI Package

sunnibuck

Quick question, I purchased the wifi package for 4. I received my email confirmation from Princess. Just wondering when I will receive my sign in info? Once I board , or should I receive that info beforehand? We sail out this Saturday. Thanks for any help

2 hours ago, sunnibuck said:

Quick question, I purchased the wifi package for 4. I received my email confirmation from Princess. Just wondering when I will receive my sign in info? Once I board , or should I receive that info beforehand? We sail out this Saturday. Thanks for any help

It should be in your cabin on arrival.

my experience in october.  we got on early, 11:30ish.  i had prepurchased the wifi.  i tried to connect, no luck.  it seemed it took them until around 12:15-12:30 to do whatever magic switch there was to register the new wifi setups. i assume there is some cleanup/closing out between sailings for them to do.   i didn't even need the card in my room, but when i got to my room around 1 after lunch in the main dining room, the card was there.

that said, i did have trouble with my 1 device internet switching devices.  i could have gone to the internet manager desk, but never found the time.  i only had wifi so i could cover some on call shifts.  despite being a totally connected internet nerd 24-7 on land, on the ship, i'm always seeming to be engaged and find i don't internet as much.  keep that in mind when buying internet.  your habits might be different onthe ship.  i'm not saying don't get it, just consider you may be otherwise occupied.

23 hours ago, sunnibuck said:

Just finished a cruise on the Ruby Princess.   Once onboard you'll be able to access the Ships Internet and log in.   I found the internet service provided onboard really good, fast and no problems streaming you tube etc etc.

2 hours ago, asdf1245 said:

Just finished a cruise on the Ruby Princess.   Once onboard you'll be able to access the Ships Internet and log in.   I found the internet service provided onboard really good, fast and no problems streaming you tube etc etc.

I’m considering pre purchasing a package for our upcoming cruise in August. However, I have $900US On Board Credit. Will I be able to pay for that with the OBC if I purchase it in advance? Also, do you know what the difference in cost is if I wait to purchase on board? Thank you in Advance for the help.

On 1/1/2020 at 9:45 AM, Colo Cruiser said:

It should be in your cabin on arrival.

1 minute ago, Cg52 said:

I’m considering pre purchasing a package for our upcoming cruise in August. However, I have $900US On Board Credit. Will I be able to pay for that with the OBC if I purchase it in advance? Also, do you know what the difference in cost is if I wait to purchase on board? Thank you in Advance for the help.

I’m considering pre purchasing a package for our upcoming cruise in August. However, I have $900US On Board Credit. Will I be able to pay for that with the OBC if I purchase it in advance? Also, do you know what the difference in cost is if I wait to purchase on board? Thank you in Advance for the help.

24 minutes ago, Cg52 said:

I’m considering pre purchasing a package for our upcoming cruise in August. However, I have $900US On Board Credit. Will I be able to pay for that with the OBC if I purchase it in advance? Also, do you know what the difference in cost is if I wait to purchase on board? Thank you in Advance for the help.

There is a 25% discount for on board purchases if you are Platinum or Elite as a result of trading in your free minutes.  We always purchase on board.  It only takes half a minute or so.  OBC will be used for the purchase.

32 minutes ago, Cg52 said:

No you cannot use OBC to pre purchase the package.

Just do it once onboard. Its very quick and the charge goes on your onboard account and will draw against your OBC.

As noted if you are Platinum or Elite there is an additional discount once onboard. Maybe $10-$15 additional depending on the cost of the package and the length of the cruise.

35 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

No you cannot use OBC to pre purchase the package.

Just do it once onboard. Its very quick and the charge goes on your onboard account and will draw against your OBC.

As noted if you are Platinum or Elite there is an additional discount once onboard. Maybe $10-$15 additional depending on the cost of the package and the length of the cruise.

Thank you. Do you know what the daily rate is for the 4 device package once onboard?

Just now, Cg52 said:

Thank you. Do you know what the daily rate is for the 4 device package once onboard?

What is your cruise offering for the internet packages?

What ship and how long is your cruise?

Are you Platinum or Elite?

Steelers36 had a somewhat accurate price chart for those with Platinum/Elite discounts etc.

7 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

I have never understood why they do not allow you to purchase WiFi with OBC in advance in the same manner as an excursion...makes no sense!  The mechanism is obviously there to do so via your Cruise Personalizer.

I would still probably wait until we were onboard anyway even if it was available pre cruise/obc.

Purchasing onboard is quick and painless and OBC will apply and you do it right on your device without having to talk with anyone.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, hobbyfarmer2 said:

There is a 25% discount for on board purchases if you are Platinum or Elite as a result of trading in your free minutes.  We always purchase on board.  It only takes half a minute or so.  OBC will be used for the purchase.

I am not either of those levels. We have only done about 3 Princess cruises as we usually go Celebrity. Do you by chance know the daily charge for the package? Since we are in Canada and have to pay an exchange, I’m trying to figure out my best option. Thank you in advance.

1 minute ago, Cg52 said:

I am not either of those levels. We have only done about 3 Princess cruises as we usually go Celebrity. Do you by chance know the daily charge for the package? Since we are in Canada and have to pay an exchange, I’m trying to figure out my best option. Thank you in advance.

Do you have a cruise booked? If so what does it show for the pre purchase internet prices?

If you don't have a cruise booked the prices are usually around $9.99 per day for 1 device unlimited.

Not sure about the 4 device plan.

12 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

What is your cruise offering for the internet packages?

What ship and how long is your cruise?

Are you Platinum or Elite?

Steelers36 had a somewhat accurate price chart for those with Platinum/Elite discounts etc.

We are on a 16 day cruise fire and ice island Princess. Advance purchase is $14.95 US or $19.95 Cdn per day 4 devices. We are not platinum or elite. I’m wondering what the cost is to purchase once on board? 

4 minutes ago, Cg52 said:

We are on a 16 day cruise fire and ice island Princess. Advance purchase is $14.95 US or $19.95 Cdn per day 4 devices. We are not platinum or elite. I’m wondering what the cost is to purchase once on board? 

As far as I know it will be the same.

Unless you see it come down in the personalizer IMO I would wait until you are onboard to purchase since you have all that OBC.

You never know when they might throw a discount in there if you wait.

11 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Do you have a cruise booked? If so what does it show for the pre purchase internet prices?

If you don't have a cruise booked the prices are usually around $9.99 per day for 1 device unlimited.

We are booked on the Island Princess Fire and Ice in August. The pre purchase price listed for the one device package is $9.99 US. It says that is 50% lower than the on board cost. I was just checking to see if that is accurate because if it’s going to cost me $20 per day once I’m on board, I’ll pay it up front and us my OBC for tours or something else.

Just now, Cg52 said:

We are booked on the Island Princess Fire and Ice in August. The pre purchase price listed for the one device package is $9.99 US. It says that is 50% lower than the on board cost. I was just checking to see if that is accurate because if it’s going to cost me $20 per day once I’m on board, I’ll pay it up front and us my OBC for tours or something else.

Oh I see. They seem to want to make things as confusing as they can.

Yeah I would not want to pay double.

I cannot help you there. 

Maybe some with prior experience will chime in.

21 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Oh I see. They seem to want to make things as confusing as they can.

Yeah I would not want to pay double.

I cannot help you there. 

Maybe some with prior experience will chime in.

Thank you for the help.

40 minutes ago, voljeep said:

I think the 50% off relates to the on board price of $19.99 per day cost if individual days are purchased once onboard without any discount or package purchased pre-cruise or on the first day

Oh, that’s interesting. So maybe the full on board package won’t be as expensive. Thank you 

2 hours ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Anyone have info on this situation.

Both of us are Platinum. Need 2 devices to use. IS it cheaper to use both of our minutes and get our own plan, or can you double up minutes  plans and get the 4 device plan? We will be on B2B, 10day/15day. Are the days combined to get the higher multiple plan rate, or each treated separately?

Mahalo 

1 minute ago, Yehootu said:

Both of us are Platinum. Need 2 devices to use. IS it cheaper to use both of our minutes and get our own plan, or can you double up minutes  plans and get the 4 device plan? We will be on B2B, 10day/15day. Are the days combined to get the higher multiple plan rate, or each treated separately?

Mahalo 

We just get 2 individual unlimited. Forfeit our free minutes. One for each of us.

Not really worth paying more for 2 additional devices.

(I am assuming it would be more that way)?

11 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

We just get 2 individual unlimited. Forfeit our free minutes. One for each of us.

If purchasing the 4 device plan in advance it’s $15 US per day. But only one of you needs to purchase it as any device can logon. At least that is what I have been told on our roll call.

18 minutes ago, Yehootu said:

Mahalo 

There is no "doubling up minutes".  The new MedallionNet plans are unlimited internet - no matter which device plan you buy.  Inquire on embarkation of the first cruise.  If the pricing is better as a 25-day plan, then the Internet Cafe should be able to offer that if you don't see that option when connect to ship's wifi.  When you first board and connect to Wifi INTRAnet, you will be shown the offers/options for INTERnet access.

15 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

All Platinum & Elite members should wait and book the internet on board (embarkation day).  That is the best pricing.  Also, the cost of TWO single-device plans is the same as ONE 4-device plan if you purchase it as advised.  So, it doesn't cost anymore to have four devices plan.  If sailing with friends, and you are all happy with 1-device in use at a time per person, then you can save money by sharing the 4-device plan. 

For those without status, best to book pre-cruise in the Personalizer, but be aware that you generally need at least THREE people to make the 4-device plan economical versus single-device plan.

Edited by steelers36