Follow the Ham Fam as we Chase the Sun!

L1211

Happy to report Pulse Fitness Center  for the win!  The oldest DH has a great workout in the newly purchased shoes. She got adias shoes. Shhhh...  she plays for a Nike school!  And if you provided all the crap they provide you’d expect loyalty too!!  Oh well. These will be her “home” not campus shoes!!  Hope they see three more workouts on this ship. 

Back to dinner last night. We ended up leaving Los Lobos after appetizers. The girls decided they can get Mexican anytime and wanted some appetizers off the MDR menu. Either we have TOTALLY missed out on MDR experience on our past sailings or The Sun had a killer MDR!!  Youngest DD had a Caesar salad and loved it. Oldest DD has bruschetta and scallops and loved both. I had salad and appetizer smoked mozzarella ravioli with lobster sauce. It was awesome!!  Hubs had a beef dish he thought was ok. But he had a blue cheese soup the entire family loved. Girls left before dessert but we had chocolate melting cake. There was no molten center, but the cake had the texture of a brownie. A really good brownie. With ice cream and strawberries. Wow. Nailed it!!  Girls gave it 8.5 out of 10. Great night!! 

• Like 2

The big surprise at dinner was bottle wine service. We were given a menu and the server quickly came back and said “woops, sorry, that no longer applies to PPB.  Now, you are limited to stated items on the regular menu.”  The waiter was a dear!  I had ordered a bottle of Veuve champagne. When he came back to tell me no, he offered a fresh bottle and four glasses (one for each of us). Thought that was pretty awesome!  We only took two glasses because only two of us had PPB so colored within the lines, but I had intended to share the bottle with my table mates (my girls) as I understood that to be legit. Disappointing. 

Found Windjammers!  A hidden bar. You have to walk through Bliss nightclub to find it. Of course, my youngest said Bliss looked like “a Ted Talk” last night. Ugh. Hoping a deck party livens things up tonight. Missing Howl at the Moln. 

DED09797-1912-4433-8405-07F0B4D871EF.jpeg

Hmmm. I’m not sure if I’m only entertaining myself with this live blog...  anyone out there??? Any questions on the Sun?  Not sure it is a terribly popular ship. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, L1211 said:

Hmmm. I’m not sure if I’m only entertaining myself with this live blog...  anyone out there??? Any questions on the Sun?  Not sure it is a terribly popular ship. 

You are entertaining me!  If I get the package I will keep ordering by the glass until they get sick of me. And at breakfast a glass of Veuve and a glass of fresh squeezed oj, make my own mimosa

We are here and are following.  We like the Sun and have spent 29 nights on her in the past 4 years.  Looking at another trip on her to Alaska later this year.  Would like to see more pictures around the ship to see what updates have happened since our last cruise.  We would stay in a forward mini suite on 11 again - great rooms.

Have you checked out the free steam rooms on 11 - opposite the fitness center?

6 minutes ago, L1211 said:

We are following, not on the Sun until October in Alaska but following with great interest.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, purpleally said:

You are entertaining me!  If I get the package I will keep ordering by the glass until they get sick of me. And at breakfast a glass of Veuve and a glass of fresh squeezed oj, make my own mimosa

That’s the spirit!!  The waiter was embarrassed last night and so sweet. At the champagne bar, I was told I could get it by the bottle at dinner. New change?

5 minutes ago, L1211 said:

We are following you as we drive to the airport for next week’s cruise. Spending three days in Port Canaveral before we leave net Wed in the Sun. (Brrrrr I heard)
We have our 19 yo daughter and her college roommate with us-  what are the girls finding to do on the ship?

3 minutes ago, herdingdogmom said:

We are here and are following.  We like the Sun and have spent 29 nights on her in the past 4 years.  Looking at another trip on her to Alaska later this year.  Would like to see more pictures around the ship to see what updates have happened since our last cruise.  We would stay in a forward mini suite on 11 again - great rooms.

Have you checked out the free steam rooms on 11 - opposite the fitness center?

No, do tell!  I did zero research on this ship ore-sailing. So not like me!!  So it’s all a bit of a surprise. 

2 minutes ago, ziggyuk said:

We are following, not on the Sun until October in Alaska but following with great interest.

I would say the food and service has been excellent. And clientele nice. All huge positives!!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, sclipere23 said:

We are following you as we drive to the airport for next week’s cruise. Spending three days in Port Canaveral before we leave net Wed in the Sun. (Brrrrr I heard)
We have our 19 yo daughter and her college roommate with us-  what are the girls finding to do on the ship?

Lots of sun time so far. We are doing the deck party tonight. They tend to hand with us on a cruise which is very limiting for them!  The weather is amazing g right now. Hope it holds!  Sunny but not too warm. 

1 minute ago, L1211 said:

I would say the food and service has been excellent. And clientele nice. All huge positives!!

The three things that are most important to us are food, entertainment and service, we strayed to MSC on the last cruise and they failed on all three counts.

I am really looking forward to your entertainment reviews.

7 minutes ago, ziggyuk said:

Thank you for coming along!  Spinnakers observation lounge would be amazing for Alaska!  I can see how this ship would be great for Alaska. Enjoy!!

3 hours ago, L1211 said:

Hey Starry Eyes, check this out!!  Followed you suggestion and I won’t be the fool on 12 with a round brush in the wind tonight!!

FEFBBE96-A192-447A-8945-144216DEE824.jpeg

I’m glad your steward came through for you.  I really believed the steward would.  The Sun’s crew, in my experience, are a hard working, friendly bunch who do try to please their guests.

• Like 1

Enjoying your review immensely.  Thank you for taking the time.  We sailed on the Sun last September and are planning to be on her again soon!  Any chance you know if Jason is still part of the lounge entertainment?  We spent many hours in Windjammer enjoying his music and personality!  We also will have PPBP on the next cruise so am finding your experiences helpful.

39 minutes ago, L1211 said:

No, do tell!  I did zero research on this ship ore-sailing. So not like me!!  So it’s all a bit of a surprise. 

The “locker rooms” off the spa are free to use.  Showers, steam room and I think a sauna.  Just go through the spa entrance to the right.

Made the HUGE mistake of glancing in a room being cleaned by our steward. Holy cow!  Our cabin would fit into the room twice. On our floor/hall just a few cabins down. OV with a full sized sofa BESIDE the king sized bed. And floor space the size of our cabin. Here’s our cabin for late comers. 

6938E68E-681F-4C26-826E-13D63137FDF8.jpeg

1 hour ago, L1211 said:

Found Windjammers!  A hidden bar. You have to walk through Bliss nightclub to find it. Of course, my youngest said Bliss looked like “a Ted Talk” last night. Ugh. Hoping a deck party livens things up tonight. Missing Howl at the Moln. 

DED09797-1912-4433-8405-07F0B4D871EF.jpeg

You said you are missing Howl at the Moon. Is it not on the 5 day Sun? That’s one of my favorites! 

23 minutes ago, Call8675309 said:

Enjoying your review immensely.  Thank you for taking the time.  We sailed on the Sun last September and are planning to be on her again soon!  Any chance you know if Jason is still part of the lounge entertainment?  We spent many hours in Windjammer enjoying his music and personality!  We also will have PPBP on the next cruise so am finding your experiences helpful.

We just found the windjammer. What a cute place, but you have to go through Bliss. We will look for Jason tonight!!  Thanks for coming along!!