Celebrity Reflection - question on poles in sky suites

voyageurs

hello, I saw many photos and read many reviews concerning poles in sky suites aboard Celebrity Reflection. I'm interested in booking either aft sky suite 1214 or 1405. Did anybody already stayed in these 2 cabins and would be able to tell me where the poles are located inside ? Thanks

Where the poles are located depends on the deck.  Never found them an issue at all.  Wouldn't think of trading out an Aft S1 for any other cabin.  Better cabin, better layout, better balcony.  And not under the pool deck.

Our preferred locations are the aft corner S1's and while we have not stayed in the cabins you are inquiring on, we have stayed in tbe ones on the above 2 decks.  The poles are a non-issue.  they are located about 60% of the distance out from the inside wall on the bow-stern access...about at the same location as the foot of the bed. If memory serves me correctly, one is just to the aft side of the bed, and the other is about midway from the closest  (forward wall) and the bed. The pole placement is not in exactly the same location on each deck, as they are structural components.

I think deck 11 only had 1 pole and it was deck 12 that has 2....

Edited by ScubesDad

10 hours ago, voyageurs said:

hello, I saw many photos and read many reviews concerning poles in sky suites aboard Celebrity Reflection. I'm interested in booking either aft sky suite 1214 or 1405. Did anybody already stayed in these 2 cabins and would be able to tell me where the poles are located inside ? Thanks

They each have one pole, located next to the bed. I believe all corner aft Sky Suites on Reflection have a pole in that location. Friends have stayed in the suites you mentioned, and I have stayed in one on another deck.  The person having the “pole” side of the bed needs to be careful getting in and out of bed, but it was not an issue for us. They’re great suites, and we’ve booked another on a different ship. 

Edited by Silkroad

just got off Reflection Sky suite 8340 a few days ago.  Loved the room and the balcony  but i will say that i put a battery candle on other side of pole during the nite as i am a deep sleeper and was anxious i might run into the pole is needing to use bathroom. I ALWAYS travel with several of those tiny candles and they really come in handy. 

We've been in them twice and of course I always seem to get the side with the pole.  One time the pole was right up against the bed, and I couldn't even get in, so we had to move the bed away from the pole.  Only one time did I get close to hitting the pole in the middle of the night.  Since you know it's there, you kinda feel your way with your toes to make sure you flat out don't walk into it.  It's never an issue or in the way anytime you're awake.  The suite and aft location far outweigh any concerns about the pole.  🙂

I'll join the chorus of cruisers who LOVE the S1 aft cabins on the S class . We were a little worried about that darn pole, but it really wasn't any problem at all. These are great cabins --- plenty of room, sofa is out of the way, and the balcony is tremendous. You won't be sorry.