Boston /Bermuda

sullyd

The last several years it hasn’t been difficult to pick up last minute bargains- less than a week prior.    I’ve been doing so the last several years.    Flexibility is essential.  But I got a $299 solo rate last year.   

It’s a popular sailing.  They’ll keep raising the price as long as people are willing to pay for it, and since we Boston folks are used to paying way overinflated prices for everything... it’s just gonna keep going up.

7 hours ago, Budget Queen said:

The last several years it hasn’t been difficult to pick up last minute bargains- less than a week prior.    I’ve been doing so the last several years.    Flexibility is essential.  But I got a $299 solo rate last year.   

I got an 11 day new zealand solo on the Jewel for $250 a few weeks ago

its really popular because its the only sail from Boston on NCL and you can only sail in the summer from Boston.  

that said, we much prefer the itinerary from NYC and you get the newer ships.  we've doen Boston once and are doing it again this year more for convenience than anything else.  but our fare was not too terrible.

I just rebooked my stepdaughter's graduation present cruise from the Encore out of NYC to the Gem out of Boston this August. While I agree that the Gem isn't cheap, it wound up being over $1000 cheaper for 5 people in 2 cabins. Caveat being that my original booking on Encore was several months ago, however the current listed prices for this sailing are about the same as my original invoice

But I'd have to agree with the consensus, if NCL thinks they can get people to keep paying more, they will. 

10 minutes ago, Budget Queen said:

So did I.   I picked up 2,  for a 21 day round trip Sydney.  

Yeah real nice, I did hnl to syd, took care of some stuff and came back for the dec 11 auk to syd, see any deals out there?

2 minutes ago, Newleno said:

Yeah real nice, I did hnl to syd, took care of some stuff and came back for the dec 11 auk to syd, see any deals out there?

I’m getting on the POA Saturday.   But hope to get on the Star next month.  Last 2 sailings have dropped.  So I’ll be watching if available.  Otherwise I’ll consider Auckland again.