LIVE Coral Princess Jan 5 - 21 Antarctica

jrblach

9 minutes ago, travellingnana said:

How bad was the trip out to Volunteer Point?  Husband insists on going (we're on the Jan 2021 cruise), but I'm worried it will kill his back.

Trip from Stanley to volunteer point is about 1 hour on paved road. 2-2 1/2 hours across very bumpy terrain (and back)

that said for me it was more than worth it

i would do it again in a heartbeat 

18 minutes ago, travellingnana said:

How bad was the trip out to Volunteer Point?  Husband insists on going (we're on the Jan 2021 cruise), but I'm worried it will kill his back.

If you’re thinking of doing this with Patrick watts book very early as he sells out quickly ( I booked 18 months in advance)

M

24 minutes ago, lois1112 said:

Trip from Stanley to volunteer point is about 1 hour on paved road. 2-2 1/2 hours across very bumpy terrain (and back)

that said for me it was more than worth it

i would do it again in a heartbeat 

Thank you.  I have booked Patrick already, but worry about husband.  I'm going for sure!😁

1 hour ago, travellingnana said:

There is a helicopter tour option that could avoid the long and bumpy ride.  Our friends did it and it seems to save a lot of traveling time.

2 hours ago, travellingnana said:

Patrick also offers a trip to Gypsy Cove and Bertha's Beach.  The tour is shorter and pretty much on paved roads.  His Volunteer Point tours are limited to 12 vans, but the shorter tour is only limited by number of available drivers.  We've done both.  A friend on the short tour did that because he was concerned about his wife's bad back.

12 minutes ago, abbydancer said:

Patrick also offers a trip to Gypsy Cove and Bertha's Beach.  The tour is shorter and pretty much on paved roads.  His Volunteer Point tours are limited to 12 vans, but the shorter tour is only limited by number of available drivers.  We've done both.  A friend on the short tour did that because he was concerned about his wife's bad back.

We just did this tour and it was awesome. Just enough and lots of Penguins.  Had Juliet . She was fantastic and very knowledgeable and never rushed...

12 minutes ago, abbydancer said:

44 minutes ago, ebeluga said:

There is a helicopter tour option that could avoid the long and bumpy ride.  Our friends did it and it seems to save a lot of traveling time.

We did the helicopter trip to Volunteer Point yesterday morning. It was definitely worth the extra money. My husband also has a bad back but we were going to take the Jeep tour if we could have done so. But by the time we booked this cruise, all overland options were booked.  Since I had my heart set on seeing the king penguins, we decided to book the helicopter. If you do this, try to reserve the first trip of the day. You’ll have all of the penguins to yourself. We were just leaving when the first Jeep arrived with many, many tourists. We spent over an hour and a half there. Plus the helicopter pilot gave us a great tour on the way back. 

Here’s the link:  https://falklandshelicopterservices.com

10 hours ago, Mamai5 said:

We too are currently on the Coral, and they are selling the wine package. They are only offering the gold package...we bought the seven bottle package.

Glad you are having fun! Miss you 😍 !

10 hours ago, Mamai5 said:

We too are currently on the Coral, and they are selling the wine package. They are only offering the gold package...we bought the seven bottle package.

Hi Mamai5,

we are going to be on the Coral in March and I'm wondering if I should buy and bring wine on board in Buenos Aires or get a wine package on board. So, my question is how much is the  gold package (seven bottles) and what kind of wines does it include? Anne

8 hours ago, travellingnana said:

If you are worried about the jostling, you might want to consider Bluff Cove.  We've gone there twice including 2 weeks ago when the jostling part was only 10 minutes compared to a half hour 8 years ago.  There are more than 2 dozen Kings and hundreds if not thousands of Gentoos.  Next year the road will actually be extended all the way to Bluff Cove eliminating the need to be on a 4X4 at all.  I hope the ease of getting there doesn't increase the crowd sizes as it really is a special place now.

21 hours ago, Mark+Anne said:

Hi Mamai5,

we are going to be on the Coral in March and I'm wondering if I should buy and bring wine on board in Buenos Aires or get a wine package on board. So, my question is how much is the  gold package (seven bottles) and what kind of wines does it include? Anne

Here is the info you requested 

E3BB386F-FBFC-4828-B3F9-36A9FC18E4BA.jpeg