Uber size vehicle 3 people

schiff1997

Thinking of taking an Uber from FLL hotel to POM morning of cruise for 3 people so 3 large cases and 3 carry on size cases, what size UBER should I be accepting?   We have no UBER where we live so I never use it?    

Thought about shared shuttle but just want to head straight from hotel to port

Thanks

Typical UberX is a Toyota Camry, Prius, or similar sixed vehicle - I've had everything from a Honda Fit to a king cab pickup.  3 plus 3 large bags plus 3 carry ons will be a squeeze in UberX; UberXL will be more comfortable, but about twice the fare.

We just did quite a bit of Uber in Orlando and were surprised at some of the small cars that showed up.  

3 people with all that luggage, I would grab UberXL just to make sure that 3 large suitcases will fit in the trunk.  

31 minutes ago, BridgeMates said:

I can't find any way to contact Uber to ask a question.....

We need something large enough for 4 people, 4 bags, two carry-ons.

Is there any way to arrange something like this in advance or just get off the ship and go for a cab? (FLL)

You need an UberXL. When we travel we have 4 people, 4 bags and 4 carry-ons + sodas. As soon as you get your luggage at the airport, open the Uber app and select UberXL then walk to the meeting point. Once you're there your vehicle should be there.

If you're getting it from the port, call for the Uber as soon as you clear Customs.

Definitely get an XL. XL has to seat 7. Premier SUV will be a nicer vehicle than an XL and still seat 6. 

FWIW, since Uber Comfort became available in my area, UberX vehicles have become bottom of the barrel so to speak. We've been getting Comfort or Premier lately just so we're not stuffed into someone's old Corolla. 

1 hour ago, BridgeMates said:

I can't find any way to contact Uber to ask a question.....

We need something large enough for 4 people, 4 bags, two carry-ons.

Is there any way to arrange something like this in advance or just get off the ship and go for a cab? (FLL)

There is no need to prebook. You can via the app, but part of the convenience is just getting a vehicle when you're ready rather than waiting for and searching for your vehicle.