Live from the Navigator (Western, Feb.4)

Hello everyone :)

We are in JFK patiently waiting for our second leg of our flight. ( I love hot spots!) We will be taking off around 11:00 for a 2:00 arrival into Fort Lauderdale. Not sure how we are getting to Miami yet... probably a taxi. We'll see when we get there.

Our original flight was supposed to leave at 6:00am but didn't take off until after 7:00 which caused us to miss our connection. We are now on the later flight, but that's okay. We were supposed to be in FLL at 11:30. I guess there was some pretty rotten weather in Florida yesterday? I was too busy shopping and packing to watch the news.

I have never arrived this close to sailing time, so it should be interesting. Priority boarding may be a blessing today.

I can't wait to see the Navigator for the first time. We have never even been in port with her on previous cruises.

I am keeping my fingers crossed that we got the table for two we requested. We don't plan on going into the dining room too often on this cruise. I just really want to relax. :)

Speaking of relaxing.... I am surrounded by kids! I love kids ...we have four...but a couple flights from Orlando seems to have just come into JFK...UGH. Maybe they will take their Mickey ears home soon?

I'll be back soon...... hopefully around 4:00 to say we got there safe and sound.......

Bobbie

Hello everyone :)

We are in JFK patiently waiting for our second leg of our flight. ( I love hot spots!) We will be taking off around 11:00 for a 2:00 arrival into Fort Lauderdale. Not sure how we are getting to Miami yet... probably a taxi. We'll see when we get there.

Our original flight was supposed to leave at 6:00am but didn't take off until after 7:00 which caused us to miss our connection. We are now on the later flight, but that's okay. We were supposed to be in FLL at 11:30. I guess there was some pretty rotten weather in Florida yesterday? I was too busy shopping and packing to watch the news.

I have never arrived this close to sailing time, so it should be interesting. Priority boarding may be a blessing today.

I can't wait to see the Navigator for the first time. We have never even been in port with her on previous cruises.

I am keeping my fingers crossed that we got the table for two we requested. We don't plan on going into the dining room too often on this cruise. I just really want to relax. :)

Speaking of relaxing.... I am surrounded by kids! I love kids ...we have four...but a couple flights from Orlando seems to have just come into JFK...UGH. Maybe they will take their Mickey ears home soon?

I'll be back soon...... hopefully around 4:00 to say we got there safe and sound.......

Bobbie

You're going to have a blast, great ship with a great crew. Be sure and stop at Boleros and have a drink with Adrianne. You will end finding reasons to stop at Bolero's regularly. :D

If you leave at 11am, than you should be getting in earlier than 2pm! The flight is sometimes 2 hours and 20 minutes. The flight isnt usually 3 hours, unless if there is a headwind. One time it took us 3 1/2 hours due to 110 mph headwinds.

LOL...well, it's Jet Blue, what do you expect? Actually this is the first time we have ever had a delay with them.

Seriously our boarding passes say board at 11:00 arrive 1:55. I hope it's early landing :) Not too early though, because I don't want to land over the ocean.....

Hey Bobbie,

Have a great trip!

I am busy packing today as we leave tomorrow on Explorer. Our flight is at 6:45am! It's supposed to snow tonight so hopefully we won't be delayed.

Have Fun!

Janet

Janet,

Thanks. I hope all goes well with your flights too. We are supposed to get some heavy snow in Rochester over the weekend. Too bad you and I won't be there to see the snow. We can compare cruises when you get back. I hope it doesn't rain too much. Even if it does, it's okay with me. I am on vacation :)

Not sure that I could handle being that far away from my ship on the morning of sailing. I just don't have the patience to wait like that.:) Have a great cruise. The Navigator is one great ship.

I will be patient up until 4:00. That would be too close for comfort for me.

It is a lot easier flying the day before though. Our problem is Dave doesn't get as much vacation time as me, so if we want to cruise as much as we do, we sometimes have to fly day of :(

Bobbie

Bobbie, You sure sound a lot more calm, cool and collected than I would under the same circumstances... I'm glad it doesn't seem to be stressing you out. That's no way to start a vacation.

To anyone else wondering where she is at this point... I just checked Jet Blue. She's in the air and currently scheduled to arrive at 2:35 pm. It's really weird, maybe they have headwinds.... she was scheduled to leave at 11:00 and arrive at 1:55, but according to Jet Blue they left at 10:53 and are now scheduled to arrive at FLL at 2:35. :confused: I'm sure she'll make it, but I'd sure be stressed right now.

I really hope all goes well for them. The weather has been really bad here today. High winds, rain, t-storms, etc.

I can't wait to see what she thinks of the NOS.:)

Ahh, bummer. I was going to capture a shot of the NOS from the Wachovia cam for her, but it's just the lens shot, with rain all over it.:(

Her plane didn't land until 2:44. :eek: That's cutting it darn close. By the time she gets her luggage and taxi's over to the terminal it's going to be close to 4:00 or later.:( I sure hopes she makes it!!

Ok, I'm getting nervous for her....it's 4:22, and hope she made it. It'll probably take them a bit to get settled enough to get back to us....I'd feel better if she had flown into Miami, not FLL....did she ever say if they booked air from RCI? If they are late getting to the ship, I hope so....

I am geting worried... I hope we haven't heard from her because she's having too much fun on the ship.....

Well, I thought about that...maybe no news is good news....if she were not on the ship, then I'd think she'd find a hot-spot somewhere to let us know....we just aren't important now that they are on the ship...LOL:( :D ...they have better things to do, LOL...hoping anyway.;)

Archived