Live from the Navigator (Western, Feb.4)

I am also sailing on the Navigator on Feb 18, so please tell us what this "booboo" is that Navigator made.

I wouldn't worry too much about the alleged "booboo". Looking at a few of PARNAMI's other posts, he/she has done this "hit and run" type of posting before. One post suggesting some sort of trouble and then no follow-up posts. I tend to think he/she may just like to stir things a bit. Also it seems he/she is disgruntled with RCI.:(

We sail on the 11th and I have friends on her right now. I'm sure if there were any "major" problems she would have contacted me by this time.

Smooth Sailing,:)

IrisF

I wouldn't worry too much about the alleged "booboo". Looking at a few of PARNAMI's other posts, he/she has done this "hit and run" type of posting before. One post suggesting some sort of trouble and then no follow-up posts.

Smooth Sailing,:)

IrisF

My follow up posts tend to get yanked because they show rci in a less than flattering light. Cruise Critic has become a Promotional site, rather than a critical one. It would be better named: "Cruise PUFF"

I still can't believe nobody on Navigator this week who was affected by the "error" hasn't posted. There certainly ARE problems with this company..though, finally, there appears to have been some movement towards correcting at least one of them. What happened earlier this week directly, was due to ONE of those problems. It's taken a few years for RCI to get to the position in which they now find themselves. It'll take some time to dig themselves back out.

There is more to running a company than the bottom line, as RCI, partially, is now discovering.

I'm ALWAYS available for questions. I just don't like responding on these boards for the reason I noted in my original post. In addition there are a few CHEERLEADER types who participate here (or used to. I don't know if they're still around) who just don't deserve to know the truth. Let them discover it for themselves. (perhaps, finally, they have.)

For those on AOL, every day after 10 PM Eastern time, I participate in what's left of the old Cruise Critic chat. We're now in what used to be an AOL Travel Cruise Chat and not that difficult to locate.

Incidentally, I have no AXE to grind with RCI. In fact, I'm now in a position with them where I am eligible to receive some pretty decent perks, beyond, even, those granted to normal Diamond Plus members. I just lost interest in the company due to the direction in which managment has chosen to take the company in recent years. Perhaps, eventually, given genuine customer feedback, they'll return to being the quality company they used to be. I keep watching, listening and hoping because, regardless of my feelings about the "programming" of the line, they still operate the BEST, prettiest and most INNOVATIIVE ships afloat!

Again, why keep coming here and posting about an "error" without telling people what the "error" is since you seem to know about it.

I guess it isn't such a big "error" as nobody is posting about it and there are Cruise Critic members on that cruise.

My follow up posts tend to get yanked because they show rci in a less than flattering light. Cruise Critic has become a Promotional site, rather than a critical one. It would be better named: "Cruise PUFF"

I still can't believe nobody on Navigator this week who was affected by the "error" hasn't posted. There certainly ARE problems with this company..though, finally, there appears to have been some movement towards correcting at least one of them. What happened earlier this week directly, was due to ONE of those problems. It's taken a few years for RCI to get to the position in which they now find themselves. It'll take some time to dig themselves back out.

There is more to running a company than the bottom line, as RCI, partially, is now discovering.

I'm ALWAYS available for questions. I just don't like responding on these boards for the reason I noted in my original post. In addition there are a few CHEERLEADER types who participate here (or used to. I don't know if they're still around) who just don't deserve to know the truth. Let them discover it for themselves. (perhaps, finally, they have.)

For those on AOL, every day after 10 PM Eastern time, I participate in what's left of the old Cruise Critic chat. We're now in what used to be an AOL Travel Cruise Chat and not that difficult to locate.

Incidentally, I have no AXE to grind with RCI. In fact, I'm now in a position with them where I am eligible to receive some pretty decent perks, beyond, even, those granted to normal Diamond Plus members. I just lost interest in the company due to the direction in which managment has chosen to take the company in recent years. Perhaps, eventually, given genuine customer feedback, they'll return to being the quality company they used to be. I keep watching, listening and hoping because, regardless of my feelings about the "programming" of the line, they still operate the BEST, prettiest and most INNOVATIIVE ships afloat!

lol you have no axe to grind, you come here spouting off about an "alleged" booboo, yet you decide you don't want to post it because why? You're afraid it will be censored? or you just want the attention? as far as I'm concerned nothing happened.

I think I called it a booboo. I had hoped, by mentioning it, to see someone from on board make a post about it. Perhaps, they still will, when they return. Afterall, RCI isn't known for having "speedy" internet service on their ships.

Not everyone was affected! I think about 27 suites and cabins, actually. That should be enough of an impact for someone who reads CC..to post about it.

AND, NO, I won't be baited to post what I don't intend to post. THAT is how these threads become contentious. Typically, once I do report what I know, the baiters refuse to believe it anyway, the thread becomes heated and eventually the entire thing YANKED. I have my own venues to discuss these things and anyone is welcome to use them. At least I know, through my chosen venues, my time won't be wasted by people who know how to ruin threads in order to get the monitors to pull them.

AND, before some wise guy remarks: NO, I don't make any money from my web site, the chat or in any other way associated with cruising. I'm not trying to lure people to a venue from which I have a vested interest, because, I have none!

I happened to be checking these boards specifically to see what people were posting about the mishap on Navigator, thus sparking my disbelief when I found nothing.

Again, why keep coming here and posting about an "error" without telling people what the "error" is since you seem to know about it.

LOL>.first I'm accused of hitting and running, THEN, when I do respond, I get a response like this. Is there any wonder I rarely come here and when I do, refuse to provide specifics? You don't want to hear it anyway.

Good question! You CAN find it from the aol chat room listings. Just running a search on "cruises" should bring us up. Or, adding me or any other participant to your buddy list will provide you with a link to it, when any of us is there.

Or, you can just email me.

Parnami

I don't usually get to ticked off at posts but you are being kind of mean with all this mystery of yours!! So what exactly is your beef with RCI, obviously you have one!! I'm leaving on Saturday with passengers who have never cruised before I have sailed over 30 times so nothing will bother me but I think you are really being unkind.

Oops..posted before I was prepared..and then...I took too long to fix it.....

She is a great ship and you're going to love it........

BUT, unlike you, he's not going to have Captain Bang!! Ratings indicate, there IS a BIG difference when he's on board!

The first time he toured the ship, I had lunch with Rick Sullivan, Captain Bang's replacement. He seemed like a decent enough fellow, but, he's new school. Captain Bang on the other hand, is an old time "Captain's" Captain, who has been with RCCL virtually since its inception and who, constantly, is aware of his ship and of his passengers. Passenger comment cards tend to bare this out with Navigator ranking among the top of the RCCL fleet (Celebrity AND RCI combined) when he's on board, versus to near the bottom when he's not. He left for vacation two weeks ago!

LOL>.first I'm accused of hitting and running, THEN, when I do respond, I get a response like this. Is there any wonder I rarely come here and when I do, refuse to provide specifics? You don't want to hear it anyway.

Thank you for taking what I said out of context. If you really have a beef, I WOULD like to hear about it, instead of you just alluding to it or telling me to go to another site to find it, especially sites I don't have access to.

You know it's really funny, but I rarely get mad enough about any post to Triangle somebody, but in the last two days this has happened more than once. What is up with all the bad attitudes on the boards recently?

You know it's really funny, but I rarely get mad enough about any post to Triangle somebody, but in the last two days this has happened more than once. What is up with all the bad attitudes on the boards recently?

Actually this was a good lighthearted thread until one person showed up. Just ignore them.

Hmmm...27 suites and cabins.....what, the toilets didn't flush for an hour?...the rooms weren't cleaned....drains backed up...... they forgot to turn on the wireless/cybercabin...... guest were locked out of their cabins....I know they left late from port as another poster said, because flights were late...can't think of many more "boo boo's".....or "errors"....did they hit the dock, LOL....

I really think if it was a priority for Parnami to come here and cause a ruckus, for no reason, then his usefullness as a human being has expired......;) :D

We all know and love Capt. Bang, and his lovely wife, so while I am sure their presence will be missed, I doubt the current captain is incapable of handling issues that would arise. Capt. Bang has to have a vacation too, ya know? I am also aware that Parnami is "close to them".

Personally, I would much rather cruise when he is at the helm, but it's not always possible.:)

Not sure why Parnami worries about the "bottom line" with RCI....unless he's a bean counter, or in collections, or business revenue, or something......;)

Archived