Live from the Navigator (Western, Feb.4)

It was 2 weeks ago today that we boarded the Navigator....seems like an eternity ago. If you have Jememy James for a cabin steward, you will be blessed.....he rocks. Have a great cruise, and keep us updated.

We were on NOS with you -- don't recall that we met -- did you make the M&M? Or get one of Duck's LIIT's? Our M&M pic is posted on our roll call.

Is it only two weeks since we sailed? (Well, almost three now...) Seems like an eternity...

If she can't get home, that's an extended vacation for her! We got stuck in that situation two years ago (Presidents week). There was a major snowstorm in NY the day we were supposed to fly home and all the airports were closed so we had to stay in Miami an extra two days. Everything was covered, hotels, food, rental car since we had insurance. It was great!

Hi guys! Can you believe RCCL BLOCKED access to cruise critic!!!!

I was going through major withdrawl. I didn't get to read all the posts, I will do that next and then be back to give my review.

I am sure you all are wondering about that flight I was on....

We landed around 2:30, taxied to the gate, and were awaiting our luggage at baggage claim by 3:00. 3:15 we were in the taxi. The taxi driver was the worst ever! We got to the port at 4:20. At that point I was pretty stressed. We boarded the ship as muster drill was starting. They delayed sailing for an hour so people on late flights could get there.

I am now sitting at the gate in FLL. We got off the ship at 7:00. We were in the taxi at 7:30. We arrived by a very nice taxi man this time at 7:55. That guy could drive.....LOL

Our flight is direct and leaves at 10:50. So, I have a couple hours to type :)

Be back in a minute......

Sure, it's not like her first priority is going to be to RUN to the internet cafe, log on, spend fifty cents a minute, to tell US that she arrived!

Hey, Bobbie, have a long, cold one on US!

Carol,

Funny thing is that is EXACTLY what we did and then the darn thing said the server denied access. We even had C&A coupons that would have made it free for $20 worth of time.....LOL

We kept trying every day, and got the same message.

I had too many cold ones....probably one for every post on this thread.....

Bobbie

Hi guys! Can you believe RCCL BLOCKED access to cruise critic!!!!

I was going through major withdrawl. I didn't get to read all the posts, I will do that next and then be back to give my review.

I am sure you all are wondering about that flight I was on....

We landed around 2:30, taxied to the gate, and were awaiting our luggage at baggage claim by 3:00. 3:15 we were in the taxi. The taxi driver was the worst ever! We got to the port at 4:20. At that point I was pretty stressed. We boarded the ship as muster drill was starting. They delayed sailing for an hour so people on late flights could get there.

I am now sitting at the gate in FLL. We got off the ship at 7:00. We were in the taxi at 7:30. We arrived by a very nice taxi man this time at 7:55. That guy could drive.....LOL

Our flight is direct and leaves at 10:50. So, I have a couple hours to type :)

Be back in a minute......

What? How could they block CC? Why? We really were really anxious to hear what you thought...and still are, other than them blocking CC....could you get on the net at all?

Isn't the NOS great?:)

And what luck. She may not be able to get home because of the snow storm about to hit the northeast.

I could only be so lucky :) I don't have to work for two days, so even if the flight is cancelled, it's no big deal. It looks like we will be leaving on time. So far.....

No I didn't ask at the Pursers desk. Honestly I didn't feel like trying to explain cruise critic to someone whose English is not "good". Not to say they didn't speak it, but sometimes its not worth the effort if the end result may not be any different. I did try and find an internet cafe in port, but didn't see any.

We couldn't go to Labadee because they were holding elections.

Jamaica we had an all day excursion booked.

Grand Cayman we went to, but we didn't get off the ship until 2:00 (our choice).

Cozumel still has the major problems, I am guessing it's the phone lines?? Their credit card systems were down throught downtown, as was the ATM. I can only assume it was because they didn't have phone lines to those places yet.

The only "booboo" we heard about was flooding of cabins on two decks due to the pools being full and the ocean being rough.

We also heard about toilets being backed up in quite a few cabins. Honestly I can't remember a cruise where the toilets didn't back up some where at some point. Ours has backed up before (not this cruise) and it isn't a huge deal to us. We just call maintainence (sp?) and leave the room for an hour or so and let them do their thing.

The cruise was awesome, but way too short.

I am not sure if I want to write a review on this thread because I don't want it pulled. I guess I will just make sure I copy and paste it so I can repost if it gets pulled.

I have an hour....lets see how far I can get.

Oh, one more thing.... I started to post my pictures. The link in in my signature.

bobbi, so glad you make it....i hope you had a wonderful time...we all were very concerned that you didn't make the ship.....looking forward to you review...and maybe you can tell us what the boo boo is.....also was the wifi working for other web sites?:p

I will just do a quick review here and then type a formal one when we get home.

Some thoughts on the Navigator of the Seas...

The cruise director was Ashley Kerr. She was one of the best we have had. The best word I can think of to describe her was professional. She was also funny and focused. Due to her conservative nature the quest and the sexy legs weren't quite as fun as they have been in the past, but her personalilty made up for that.

The Loyalty Ambassador was Colleen. Not sure of her last name at the moment, but I will look it up later. She was also very nice and knew how to do her job. We have had very bad LA's in the past. She was great!

The Captain.... I am pretty sure it was Rick Sullivan (as pointed out before). He was great. He never seemed too busy to talk to us if we saw him in passing. His Q&A at the welcome back party was one of the best I have heard. He was informative and didn't dodge any questions. I really don't see the big deal with the captain. The man has a job to do and he does it well. :)

The hotel director was George Lynch. He also was very good. He always smiled and said hello in passing. We saw him throughout the ship and he seemed to really know what was going on.

The shows were okay. We've seen better. On a scale of 1 to 10... I'd say a 6.

The food was hit and miss. But, we didn't eat in the dining room at all.

We did Chops and Portofino's. Room service last night. We skipped dinner all together one night, and the rest was windjammer. We did room service for breakfast once, went to windjammer once for breakfast and the rest of the days we didn't eat breakfast. Lunch was always in windjammer.

Our room steward Natvidad Porte was the best we have ever had. She really went out of her way to make sure we were happy. She even folded Dave's clothes when he left them laying around :)

(Hopefully this post won't get lost..... I'll type more once it goes through)

bobbi, so glad you make it....i hope you had a wonderful time...we all were very concerned that you didn't make the ship.....looking forward to you review...and maybe you can tell us what the boo boo is.....also was the wifi working for other web sites?:p

We didn't use wifi. I just used the computers on deck 8. Everything else worked on CC, just not the boards part of the site.

Welcome back, Bobbie. Glad you had a great time and the big "booboo" didn't affect you. I am sailing on the Navigator next Saturday and one person on this board was getting us all upset with his posts about stuff happening on the NOS. He was being kind of mean to those of us preparing to sail, making us wonder what was going on.

I can't wait to read the rest of your review.

Welcome back, Bobbie. Glad you had a great time and the big "booboo" didn't affect you. I am sailing on the Navigator next Saturday and one person on this board was getting us all upset with his posts about stuff happening on the NOS. He was being kind of mean to those of us preparing to sail, making us wonder what was going on.

I can't wait to read the rest of your review.

You'll love the ship. The Voyager class ships are pretty amazing. I read the posts :( Too bad he wouldn't just tell you guys what happened instead of leaving you hanging.

Have fun packing. We are unpacking at the moment. The house was a MESS from the kids and cats. At least it's clean and smells good again....LOL

Bobbie

Welcome Back, Bobbie.... we missed you! (I'm sure you could tell!)

We were sweating it for you while you were on that flight! I was very relieved when someone let us know that the ship left late.

Sounds like you had a great time! :D

Archived