Reinstated Screening Room - Eurodam

CPBoyce

Recent reviews have mentioned a 40 seat dedicated movie theater aboard the Eurodam. I have sailed on her twice in 2018 and there was no movie theater. What deck did they put it on and what room/lounge was sacrificed?

11 minutes ago, CPBoyce said:

Recent reviews have mentioned a 40 seat dedicated movie theater aboard the Eurodam. I have sailed on her twice in 2018 and there was no movie theater. What deck did they put it on and what room/lounge was sacrificed?

Eurodam came out with a dedicated 40-seat movie theater known as the Screening Room, located on Deck 3 forward, starboard side (just fwd of the Mirabella luxury jewelry room). As has been the case on the other (Vista and up) ships, the Screening Room has been/will be changed into just another meeting room by the name of the Tasman room. "Big screen" movies are now shown in either the BB King Blues Club (the former Queens lounge) and/or the Main Stage main show lounge

Edited by Copper10-8

Ah, thanks for answering. So the screening room they just reinstalled will be dismantled again? I really don't think they need a dedicated space. Closing up Lincoln Center so the dining room crowd noise doesn't disturb is something they really need to do.

I just saw several 2019 reviews and blogs mentioning a new screening room with pictures of a room with black leather recliners. I know this room did not exist in September of 2018, my last cruise on the Eurodam. 

25 minutes ago, CPBoyce said:

I just saw several 2019 reviews and blogs mentioning a new screening room with pictures of a room with black leather recliners. I know this room did not exist in September of 2018, my last cruise on the Eurodam. 

This is what used to be on Eurodam.   No more though.   The movies are now shown in the main showroom.  

image.png.1666e632ca22cb2a285b4e6544d25801.png

2 hours ago, CPBoyce said:

Ah, thanks for answering. So the screening room they just reinstalled will be dismantled again? I really don't think they need a dedicated space. Closing up Lincoln Center so the dining room crowd noise doesn't disturb is something they really need to do.

Just curious What makes you think it was "just reinstalled on Eurodam?" During her April 2018 dry-dock in Freeport, the name of the room was changed from "Screening Room" to "Tasman Room," changing it from a small theater where movies were shown to a meeting room. I have not personally seen that Tasman Room on Eurodam post-dry dock however on other ships that used to have the Screening Room, i.e. Oosterdam, those leather recliners have stayed in place/have not been removed. Only the purpose of the room has been changed, along with the name

36 minutes ago, TrolleyGirl said:

My sister just got off the Eurodam this week.  She reports movies were played in the main theater and the the screening room on deck 3 does not exist.

Okie doke. Thanks!

On 1/12/2020 at 9:44 PM, CPBoyce said:

I saw several recent reviews. Here's one dated 23 March 2019 which mentions it with a pic.

https://cruisemaven.com/holland-america-eurodam-review-alaska-cruise/

The review was posted March 23 but sailings to Alaska don't start until May so this review was probably from sometime in 2018 before the room was changed.

On 1/12/2020 at 2:47 PM, Copper10-8 said:

Eurodam came out with a dedicated 40-seat movie theater known as the Screening Room, located on Deck 3 forward, starboard side (just fwd of the Mirabella luxury jewelry room). As has been the case on the other (Vista and up) ships, the Screening Room has been/will be changed into just another meeting room by the name of the Tasman room. "Big screen" movies are now shown in either the BB King Blues Club (the former Queens lounge) and/or the Main Stage main show lounge

It is across from the Hudson room where Mass is celebrated each day. My experience on the signature class ships--my favorite--is that movies are shown on the main stage.  On the Pinnacle ships they are shown at the pool. In the Vista, Signature and Pinacle ships there are a wide variety of movies one can watch in the Stateroom.  FYI when I was on the Nieuw Amsterdam last summer, the movie room was used for meeting and not movies.

1 hour ago, Himself said:

It is across from the Hudson room where Mass is celebrated each day. My experience on the signature class ships--my favorite--is that movies are shown on the main stage.  On the Pinnacle ships they are shown at the pool. In the Vista, Signature and Pinacle ships there are a wide variety of movies one can watch in the Stateroom.  FYI when I was on the Nieuw Amsterdam last summer, the movie room was used for meeting and not movies.

All Screening Rooms (Zuiderdam, Oosterdam, Eurodam and Nieuw Amsterdam - Westerdam never had one) have been renamed Tasman Room and are now used for meetings and other gatherings. (Noordam's has been changed into a microsoft studio). The actual setup with the theater-style recliners has not been changed so those meetings and gatherings are a good chance to catch some zzzz's 😉

HAL ZUDM Screening Room (now Tasman Room) #2.jpg

HAL OSDM Screening Room (now Tasman Room).jpg

HAL EUDM Screening Room (now Tasman Room) #3.jpg

HAL NADM Screening Room (now Tasman Room).jpg

29 minutes ago, Copper10-8 said:

All Screening Rooms (Zuiderdam, Oosterdam, Eurodam and Nieuw Amsterdam - Westerdam never had one) have been renamed Tasman Room and are now used for meetings and other gatherings. (Noordam's has been changed into a microsoft studio). The actual setup with the theater-style recliners has not been changed so those meetings and gatherings are a good chance to catch some zzzz's 😉

HAL ZUDM Screening Room (now Tasman Room) #2.jpg

HAL OSDM Screening Room (now Tasman Room).jpg

HAL EUDM Screening Room (now Tasman Room) #3.jpg

HAL NADM Screening Room (now Tasman Room).jpg

Just looking at them will want me to doze off.

5 hours ago, ithaca gal said:

I just got off the Eurodam this week and the Tasman Room is the studio for the very expensive Black and White Photography.  

Thanks for the update! Do you recall if Eurodam's Atrium bar and the Deck 1 to Deck 2 Atrium stairway has been removed?

2 hours ago, Copper10-8 said:

Thanks for the update! Do you recall if Eurodam's Atrium bar and the Deck 1 to Deck 2 Atrium stairway has been removed?

We were  on the 28 day S.P. cruise last March and the Atrium bar was gone along with the stair case.