Onboard summit right now and love the app!

jean87510

The celebrity app is really nice on here. Able to get reservation for dinner, book an excursion, and open my door with my phone! Also able to chat with my husband when not together.

Also, we were on prior to refurbishment and I absolutely love the changes. Vegan selections, a lot of gluten selections in the buffet. Washing stations in buffet are a great idea. Chairs are fine. 

I have an inside cabin that has a glass shower door with shampoo, conditioner and body soap.

Really like everything I see so far!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, vickykay said:

Do you have to use your WiFi minutes to talk on your phone?  Thanks.

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think you can actually talk on the phone on the app.  It's just a chat feature, like texting.  Also, you do not need to purchase an internet package from them in order to use the app.  

• Like 2

You cant use to call. However, if you have Facebook messaging or snapchat I know you can call with the unlimited package that we have. 

I don't really like the sit down restaurants (prefer specialty) because I don't like the table setup being so close to your neighbors. So I have no idea about their menus.

Tuscan Grille was incredibly slow last night. Started at 6 and ended at 8. All non Italian food was good. 

Yesterday was my 30th anniversary and I had 2 roses in my cabin and a cute cake at dinner. We are simple in our tastes so this was just right.

The elite lounge or whatever its called had a few pastries...and great coffee. Much better in oceanview. Just my preference.

Help!  I am a dinosaur with a dumb phone, not a smart one.  Could I use my Kindle to get the celebrity app?  And then use it?  What do old fogies like us do without all this newer technology.  Not having a 9 year old in our household, we are really behind the times.

On 1/16/2020 at 1:34 PM, slanik said:

Since you are onboard right now.  Can you tell me if the MDR has an evening with Lobster and Beef Wellington?  I don't see it on the phone app for the week of Feb 15th when we cruise next month.  Thank you.

I was on the Summit last cruise.  They had lobster and beef wellington on the same night.  The last Chic night.  The app wasn't 100 accurate.  The fish dishes didn't also match.

13 minutes ago, CrabbyHarper said:

Help!  I am a dinosaur with a dumb phone, not a smart one.  Could I use my Kindle to get the celebrity app?  And then use it?  What do old fogies like us do without all this newer technology.  Not having a 9 year old in our household, we are really behind the times.

To my knowledge you can't get the Celebrity App except on a smart phone.  

Don't worry about it if you don't have a Smart Phone and the App.   Many on the ship don't use it.    It is purely a convenience to check out the evening menu, book a reservation or shore excursion etc.   All of these can be done either by reading the menu posted in front of the Restaurant and book excursions at the Excursion Desk.   

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

To my knowledge you can't get the Celebrity App except on a smart phone.  

Don't worry about it if you don't have a Smart Phone and the App.   Many on the ship don't use it.    It is purely a convenience to check out the evening menu, book a reservation or shore excursion etc.   All of these can be done either by reading the menu posted in front of the Restaurant and book excursions at the Excursion Desk.   

If it works on a smart phone it should also work on an I Pad or Android tablet with WIFI. The HAL Navigator app works on both.