Bringing on water/soda

Shekim

In the last 5 or 6 years we have purchased the drink package which includes bottles of water. We are taking a 5 day next and we are not purchasing the package. Does Royal still let you bring on water? Soda?

Thanks!!!

25 minutes ago, ilovetotravel1977 said:

Don't forget your two bottles of wine!  (if you drink alcohol, that is)

We're gonna go this one sober 😉   We finally made diamond so will limit the drinking to the diamond lounge hours

Edited by Shekim
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, mojomanny said:

If you need to bring more water or soda on, board in two groups, separate from each other.

RCI newbie here....How does this work, don't they just take your tagged bags (presumably with waterbottles in them) from you at embarkation?  Why the need for boarding in 2 groups?  Or, are you referring to bringing it on a carryon?

9 minutes ago, NthernLgts said:

RCI newbie here....How does this work, don't they just take your tagged bags (presumably with waterbottles in them) from you at embarkation?  Why the need for boarding in 2 groups?  Or, are you referring to bringing it on a carryon?

From their website: Guests may also bring non-alcoholic beverages as carry-on items on boarding day. Non-alcoholic beverages may not exceed 12 standard (17 oz.) cans, bottles or cartons per stateroom.

Has to be carry-on...not in your luggage. 

13 hours ago, NthernLgts said:

Why the need for boarding in 2 groups?

So that it's not so obvious you are going over the stateroom limit - same as wine bottles. For example, if you use separate security lines, you are much less likely to be questioned about water/wine, than if you are next to each other in the same line.

On 1/17/2020 at 12:12 AM, KDNest said:

From their website: Guests may also bring non-alcoholic beverages as carry-on items on boarding day. Non-alcoholic beverages may not exceed 12 standard (17 oz.) cans, bottles or cartons per stateroom.

Has to be carry-on...not in your luggage. 

Here is what it says in my cruise documents that just came this morning. I am unsure if we are allowed or not allowed, seems to be conflicting information, I guess I better call Royal Caribbean.

Guests are not allowed to bring beer, hard liquor, fortified wines (vermouth, sherry, sake, and port wines) or nonalcoholic beverages onboard for consumption or any other use. Guests may bring personal wine or champagne onboard only on embarkation day, limited to two (2) bottles (no boxes) of 750 ml each per stateroom. Wine should be brought onboard via carry on if possible. Luggage containing wine or champagne will not be delivered to the stateroom and guests will need to retrieve their luggage from security once the ship has set sail.

1 hour ago, Bronx12 said:

Here is what it says in my cruise documents that just came this morning. I am unsure if we are allowed or not allowed, seems to be conflicting information, I guess I better call Royal Caribbean.

Guests are not allowed to bring beer, hard liquor, fortified wines (vermouth, sherry, sake, and port wines) or nonalcoholic beverages onboard for consumption or any other use. Guests may bring personal wine or champagne onboard only on embarkation day, limited to two (2) bottles (no boxes) of 750 ml each per stateroom. Wine should be brought onboard via carry on if possible. Luggage containing wine or champagne will not be delivered to the stateroom and guests will need to retrieve their luggage from security once the ship has set sail.

That is old info.  You can bring the 12 containers of non-alcoholic beverages.

Beware, calling Royal may or may not confuse you even more.

1 minute ago, Host Clarea said:

That is old info.  You can bring the 12 containers of non-alcoholic beverages.

Beware, calling Royal may or may not confuse you even more.

1 hour ago, Bronx12 said:

I just looked on my cruise eDocs and it says the same things as above, but their website FAQ says more: https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/food-drink-onboard-policy

Curious if you get a different answer. We leave in a week and I plan on bringing 12 cans of soda. 

On Symphony in November, I put a 12-pack of Coke, a 12-pack case of water, and 2 bottles of Prosecco in the same duffle bag and carried it on.  No one stopped me.  I actually had 2 rooms booked for my family so I wasn’t breaking any rules, but the security people didn’t know I had 2 rooms.  I really don’t think they care about non-alcoholic beverages.  

For instance, you have two bottles of wine in your carryon. It goes through the scanner, it is seen as 2 bottles. Nothing is said, it is fine.

You don’t need to pull it out and show anyone 

At dinner one couple told us they each had two bottles in their carry one and went though separate security lines.  Not really right to do but it is done 

When we came back onboard from Cozumel 2 weeks ago with Tequila in our beac bag they just let us go through 
Go figure 

We just held onto it in our room until we returned to Miami 

Edited by janetz

At embarkation, the checking of the bags is done by a security company and not RCL employees.  So sometimes you get a person that will question everything in your bag and others are just get there to pass time.    It's a crap shoot whether they will question my 6 pack of Coke or not. 

3 hours ago, janetz said:

For instance, you have two bottles of wine in your carryon. It goes through the scanner, it is seen as 2 bottles. Nothing is said, it is fine.

You don’t need to pull it out and show anyone 

At dinner one couple told us they each had two bottles in their carry one and went though separate security lines.  Not really right to do but it is done 

When we came back onboard from Cozumel 2 weeks ago with Tequila in our beac bag they just let us go through 
Go figure 

We just held onto it in our room until we returned to Miami 

My experience, for what it is worth, is that on most cruise lines is that they ignore alcohol brought in from ports, except if you have it delivered to the boat directly from a shop that offers duty free.