Credit Card Refund

Our upcoming cruise has had an itinerary change by R.C. This change meant one of our shore excursions booked through R.C.was also cancelled.

They told me that the amount would be refunded back to my credit card,but this has not happened yet. Today I reserved another shore excursion and immediately the amount was showing as pending on my credit card. Seems to me that they can debit the funds quick enough but are not so quick on refunds ?

5 hours ago, UK Cruiser2 said:

Our upcoming cruise has had an itinerary change by R.C. This change meant one of our shore excursions booked through R.C.was also cancelled.

They told me that the amount would be refunded back to my credit card,but this has not happened yet. Today I reserved another shore excursion and immediately the amount was showing as pending on my credit card. Seems to me that they can debit the funds quick enough but are not so quick on refunds ?

So, you noted that the charge is showing "pending".  You probably also noted that it can take a couple of days for the "pending" to change to "posted".  Pending is a "hold" on the amount until posted.  So a credit does not put a "hold" on a credit card, and it is never checked.  It just shows up.  The other item is most people buy online, the computer system handles the "hold" not a human.  However a human, reviews and than approves the daily transactions, and releases to posting. So your refund is reviewed by a human, and depending on number of days, it will be posted.  I never had an issue with getting a refund from RCCL. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I booked some excursions online myself, later canceled one, and booked another. Payment was on my credit card the next day. But no credit. After about three weeks I called Royal and they said because I booked the cruise with a travel agent they had to refund the money to them and they will cut me a cheque. Figure that one out?

1 hour ago, Armac said:

I booked some excursions online myself, later canceled one, and booked another. Payment was on my credit card the next day. But no credit. After about three weeks I called Royal and they said because I booked the cruise with a travel agent they had to refund the money to them and they will cut me a cheque. Figure that one out?

Did you book all the excursions using the Cruise Planner on RC's website?

I booked on the web site. Also I should say that the excursion that was canceled was actually canceled by Royal, don't know if that makes a  difference. My Ta did receive the refund and issued me a cheque

1 minute ago, Armac said:

I booked on the web site. Also I should say that the excursion that was canceled was actually canceled by Royal, don't know if that makes a  difference. My Ta did receive the refund and issued me a cheque

Odd, I've never heard of a guest booking an excursion on Royal's website with their own credit card not getting that refund back to the same credit card.  Something else must be going on.