Online Check in Questions - for when it opens

Gamecock_Cruiser

Last time we cruised, we selected our check in time as soon as we booked. Now I see it can't be done until you are three months out. A few questions if anyone knows the answer:

- Does it open at midnight on the date that it opens? 

- Does the cruise have to be paid in full before selecting a check in time?**

- Does all the names have to be filed in for each cabin before selecting a check in time? **

**We have a group going, and one cabin is split families. I made the booking, and only paid the deposit, because I am concerned that the two family members in the cabin being shared may not pay their portion before the final payment date (which is a month after check in selection time). If they don't pay, then we have someone else on stand by to take their place, which is the reason I haven't filled in passenger names yet.

3 hours ago, Gamecock_Cruiser said:

Last time we cruised, we selected our check in time as soon as we booked. Now I see it can't be done until you are three months out. A few questions if anyone knows the answer:

- Does all the names have to be filed in for each cabin before selecting a check in time? **

**We have a group going, and one cabin is split families. I made the booking, and only paid the deposit, because I am concerned that the two family members in the cabin being shared may not pay their portion before the final payment date (which is a month after check in selection time). If they don't pay, then we have someone else on stand by to take their place, which is the reason I haven't filled in passenger names yet.

It opens at midnight eastern, so depending on your timezone, it may be earlier.

No

No - you can get a time and then simply fill in the rest at a later time.

5 hours ago, Gamecock_Cruiser said:

1 hour ago, rukkian said:

It opens at midnight eastern, so depending on your timezone, it may be earlier.

No

No - you can get a time and then simply fill in the rest at a later time.

The middle no makes little sense (unless I am missing something). Isn't final payment due at the 90 days (which is when online check in would open)?

7 minutes ago, CAnative1 said:

The middle no makes little sense (unless I am missing something). Isn't final payment due at the 90 days (which is when online check in would open)?

Depending on the cruise, final payment is be due at 75 or 90 days. In the past, it used to be 60-90 days depending on the cruise. 

the payment schedule is here: https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/481/~/deposit-and-final-payment-requirements

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, CAnative1 said:

For our 8 day cruise in March, final payment was 12/31 and check-in was 12/15.

21 minutes ago, CAnative1 said:

We booked before the change an it is a 4 day cruise. Our final payment is due 60 days prior.

53 minutes ago, shof515 said:

Depending on the cruise, final payment is be due at 75 or 90 days. In the past, it used to be 60-90 days depending on the cruise. 

the payment schedule is here: https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/481/~/deposit-and-final-payment-requirements

51 minutes ago, rukkian said:

For our 8 day cruise in March, final payment was 12/31 and check-in was 12/15.

40 minutes ago, Gamecock_Cruiser said:

We booked before the change an it is a 4 day cruise. Our final payment is due 60 days prior.

Learn something new everyday. Gotta love these boards. 🙂