12017 Riviera

pmcue

this is a classic example why you need to empower a good agent to act on your behalf   One who know the ships and is tied to O.s reps.    These offers are only good for minutes or at the most a few hours or they will go to the next inline

When you book... tell your agent  your looking to buy an up-sell.   Tell him your top price.   Tell him your cabin locations and what cabins are ok and what are not      Empower your agent to act on your behalf based on his and your input/knowledge.       

When we accepted a downsell in 2017 for a ridiculous amount of money BACK, DH had last minute reservations and tried to back out immediately.  Our original cabin was already gone and it was a matter of maybe 5 minutes.  We weren't surprised!  A little disappointed, but in the end we weren't unhappy with the B1 we ended up with rather than the PH originally booked.

Take it!!!  We were in 12001 Vista Suite two months ago on the Riviera, just down the hall from 12017.  We got it on a great upgrade deal.  It was absolutely quiet.  The location is great!  Near the pool for a quick dip, a two minute walk to the Terrace Cafe, and close to Horizons.  Grab it before the offer is gone!

Two minutes to Terrace from a VS?  I understand you're very close to Horizons ... but Terrace is aft, is it not?  It was the last time I was on board!

Whenever we've had a VS (a couple of times) the big drawback was the long hike to the restaurants ... where the aft OCs are very close to the restaurants.

Mura

Thanks all.  We took it, it was super cheap upgrade from PH2, probably due to1 day before departure.   I am thinking possibly someone who had been in China as they sent note last week that anyone who had been in past 30 days would not be allowed to board and given Full refund.  Now to Board.  

I’ll have to disagree Mura. In our experience there are no long hikes on Oceania ships. I could probably walk from the Oceania suites hallway glass door to the Terrace in less than 3 minutes, and I’m no athlete. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, pmcue said:

Thanks all.  We took it, it was super cheap upgrade from PH2, probably due to1 day before departure.   I am thinking possibly someone who had been in China as they sent note last week that anyone who had been in past 30 days would not be allowed to board and given Full refund.  Now to Board.  

You’ll love it. 

I am happy to hear that you got the suite!  You will love it!  The distance from the suites on deck 12 to the Terrace Cafe isn't as far as distances on lower decks from fore to aft.  Deck 12 is fairly small, comparatively.  You only walk past the pool and Waves to get to the Terrace Cafe. Have a great cruise!

Good to hear you took advantage of the upgrade offer!   We have been on 9 Oceania cruises including 4 on the Riviera and her sister ship the Marina.  The walk from the forward suites to the Terrace Cafe only takes a few minutes and you are also close to the Artists Loft for art classes and the Cooking class area as well as the Spa and gym.   Good choice!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ORV said:

I’ll have to disagree Mura. In our experience there are no long hikes on Oceania ships. I could probably walk from the Oceania suites hallway glass door to the Terrace in less than 3 minutes, and I’m no athlete. 

The problem we had -- if you can call it a problem, I did not -- is not with the OCs!  Yes, we were in the aft OCs which is a short elevator walk.  And I wouldn't call a walk from the midship OCs a hike either.

I was referring to the Vista Suites ... when you go from one end of the ship to the other.  There *was* a time when this wouldn't have bothered me!  And we never avoided going to a restaurant because of that "hike".

DH always liked to take a walk around the deck after dinner ... When we were in the Vistas he figured he'd had the walk when we just returned from the suite ...

That "hike" from a VS on the "R" ships never bothered it us.  It just seemed SO MUCH LONGER on the "O" ships.

Maybe that's because we're older now than we were when we were in a VS on an "R" ship!

Mura

We are cruising this Friday in an OC on Riviera.  I saw on the deck plan that the suite was under the gym and so we switched to 12010 since it was under the spa.  It's just a matter of personal preference .

Joan

• 3 years later...

May 2023 on a 21 day Mediterranean cruise in suite 12017. Suite itself is great and deck 12 is fine and isolated from others walking through/by in hall but the exercise room weight lifting area is right on your ceiling. People try weights too large for them, do some really unorthodox weight lifting exercises that involve pounding the weights against the floor or simply drop them on the padded floor that sounds worse than thunder or any other ships noise. Noise goes on constantly during day (open) hours. Thankfully exercise area closes at 10PM and silence comes again.

YES IT IS UNACCEPTABLY NOISEY.

I reserved the suite 18 moths prior to cruise date hoping I could switch to any other deck 12 Oceania Suite but it never came true. Be prepared for noise because there is nothing that can be done other than leave the suite. Too bad so sad…..

• Like 1

We were in 12009. Dreadful. People above us jogging to warm up for exercise at 6- 6.30am daily. Dropping weights. Management could little to prevent it. No one around up there to stop it that early. Went on all day at different times. Exercise classes up there too. I wake early but not that early and we couldn’t lay in bed with a lovely cuppa-thump thump thump.  Stupid layout to have expensive suites under a gym. Will never take an odd number cabin on deck 12 Oceania suite again, even if on offer, (that’s the reason it’s not sold). But….. 12010 was sheer luxury. Peaceful. Nothing from above.  Loved it! 

On 2/4/2020 at 10:30 AM, ORV said:

I agree, "long" is relative!  It's a long hike for an O ship ... not on a behemoth ship! When you are used to smaller ships, those walks to the restaurant can become long when they really are not!

On 2/5/2020 at 3:02 AM, Mura said:

The problem we had -- if you can call it a problem, I did not -- is not with the OCs!  Yes, we were in the aft OCs which is a short elevator walk.  And I wouldn't call a walk from the midship OCs a hike either.

I was referring to the Vista Suites ... when you go from one end of the ship to the other.  There *was* a time when this wouldn't have bothered me!  And we never avoided going to a restaurant because of that "hike".

DH always liked to take a walk around the deck after dinner ... When we were in the Vistas he figured he'd had the walk when we just returned from the suite ...

That "hike" from a VS on the "R" ships never bothered it us.  It just seemed SO MUCH LONGER on the "O" ships.

Maybe that's because we're older now than we were when we were in a VS on an "R" ship!

Mura

We have been in both.  We had the Oceania suite on our first Riviera cruise and were very very impressed.  We then had the Owners Suite (opposite end of the ship) and while we liked it OK we found the balcony (like the Oceania Suite) a bit narrow.  The last cruise we were in a Vista suite with a much larger balcony and we loved that (and have booked a similar one on Vista for next year).  We are golfers (which means here in Europe we walk a lot) so the distances don't bother us.  I called the walk from the Vista Suite to the Terrace Café a "par 4"...  I suppose it took us all of 5 minutes.  Oceania Suite could take a bit longer IF you want to walk indoors instead of out on the deck.  Plus it is good to walk when you are cruising!

• Like 2

On 5/24/2023 at 5:03 AM, Hambagahle said:

We have been in both.  We had the Oceania suite on our first Riviera cruise and were very very impressed.  We then had the Owners Suite (opposite end of the ship) and while we liked it OK we found the balcony (like the Oceania Suite) a bit narrow.  The last cruise we were in a Vista suite with a much larger balcony and we loved that (and have booked a similar one on Vista for next year).  We are golfers (which means here in Europe we walk a lot) so the distances don't bother us.  I called the walk from the Vista Suite to the Terrace Café a "par 4"...  I suppose it took us all of 5 minutes.  Oceania Suite could take a bit longer IF you want to walk indoors instead of out on the deck.  Plus it is good to walk when you are cruising!

The reason that we prefer the aft Oceania Suites is the very large veranda.  Yes, you lose some room in the main cabin but not enough to matter to us!  The deck 12 OCs (I believe) have two full baths, whereas the second bathroom on the aft suites is a powder room --- no shower.  But we love the veranda.  I remember visiting someone's deck 12 OC and being very disappointed with it...