What time to get to ft Lauderdale airport

mommao729

Will be flying Jetblue from ft Lauderdale to San Juan. Have a 5am flight. Will be parking the car at long term parking. Staying in Dania beach the night before. What time do we need to have the car parked and be in the airport by. Don’t anticipate any traffic driving in at that time. But you never know. 

You shouldn't run in to any traffic. Do you have any kind of status with JetBlue, or TSA Pre-Check? That will skew the answer a bit, but if you don't have either, I would aim to be at the JetBlue counter 9again, assuming you're checking bags) no later than 3:30am. This is also JetBlue's recommended arrival time for domestic flights at FLL. 

TSA at Terminal 3 opens at 3:30AM, so I agree with Zach. I'd be stopping somewhere for some breakfast first though. I doubt anything will be open at the airport and my airline of choice does not cater meals for these early morning flights.

On 2/10/2020 at 11:47 PM, mommao729 said:

Will be parking the car at long term parking. 

Not sure what you have in mind.  The long term lot on Griffin Rd no longer exists.  It is now an 'employee only' lot.

There may be other long term options near the terminals....you might double check.

14 hours ago, thinfool said:

Not sure what you have in mind.  The long term lot on Griffin Rd no longer exists.  It is now an 'employee only' lot.

There may be other long term options near the terminals....you might double check.

The three garages at the airport all have long-term parking

3:30 a.m. is fine. Airport is not that busy that early, and not of course you should not get any traffic. 

The long term parking is the same lot for short term IIRC, just park the car in the lot and its $15/day. But now thinking that, you want to be walking into the terminal around 3:30 a.m. sometimes its not easy to find a space, even early in the morning and there is a bit of a walk depending on where you park. So I would plan to be there at 3:15 a.m. car in the garage.