Need to book extras before final payment date?

jchowze

Hi all!  First time cruiser here! This is sort of a silly question but I did a few searches & didn't find any info on the boards about this.

Do I need to have all onboard options (specialty dining, spa, etc) booked before final payment date to do it through the cruise personalizer? If I want to do it after that date, must I wait until onboard the ship?

Thanks in advance for any help!

1 minute ago, jchowze said:

Hi all!  First time cruiser here! This is sort of a silly question but I did a few searches & didn't find any info on the boards about this.

Do I need to have all onboard options (specialty dining, spa, etc) booked before final payment date to do it through the cruise personalizer? If I want to do it after that date, must I wait until onboard the ship?

Thanks in advance for any help!

No, you can pay up to a few days before the cruise.

If I'm pre-paying I usually spread it out, so it's not all at once. You can start before final payment, if you want. Shore excursions need to be paid to be booked. 

• Like 1

Book excursions as soon as you see ones you like. You can always cancel up until the cancellation deadline, which is usually a day or two before the port. Some specialty dining cannot be booked ahead of time--like the Chef's Table. Others, such as the Ultimate Balcony Dinner, can be booked but not scheduled until you're on board. 

I see that you asked about prebooking specialty dining, etc. I agree with what other posters have replied about prebooking shore excursions, however, almost everything else- specialty dining, gratuities,  and bottled water can be ordered closer to your sailing date. Spreading out your add-ons allows you to pay for extras in a time period that works for you. Cruise personalizer does close up a few days (2, I think) before sailing.  I mention bottled water because you cannot purchase 12 bottle packs once on board, I know there has been talk lately, for eliminating single use waterbottles, however I haven't seen any definitive change in this matter, yet.  As a Canadian, I pre purchase as much as possible,  pre cruise, using my Canadian Credit card, Canadian funds. Bon voyage!

2 hours ago, casofilia said:

On Princess you cannot just "BOOK" shore excursions they have to be paid for at the time of booking.

Although, if you have OBC they will take that in to account and once onboard they will deduct the amount of the excursion(s) until there is no more OBC to apply and then charge the rest to your credit card.