Switching Cruises After Final Payment

Noskill

I'm on a cruise that is fully paid and departing in less than 45 days.  With the dramatic price drops on some close in cruises, I was wondering if there is any ability to change my reservation to another ship without losing everything I've paid for this cruise.  Has anyone ever done this or do I just need to be happy with the cruise I have booked :) ?

For reference, I'm on the Enchantment of the Seas in an interior for 7 nights and am interested in changing to the Anthem Transatlantic, 12 nights, in a balcony (which is currently priced less than my original cruise).

1 hour ago, stompy said:

But what if you don’t cancel it and just change the original booking to a future cruise. Would it just be the normal $100 change fee?

After final payment you cannot move a booking. It gets cancelled and you pay whatever penalties are due for the penalty phase you are in.  At 45 days they are in the 75% penalty phase. 

12 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

After final payment you cannot move a booking. It gets cancelled and you pay whatever penalties are due for the penalty phase you are in.  At 45 days they are in the 75% penalty phase. 

I wonder what happens if you have "cancel-for-any-reason" cruise insurance? Would you get 75% back as a FCC? If so, that might be a better route to go...

1 minute ago, orville99 said:

I wonder what happens if you have "cancel-for-any-reason" cruise insurance? Would you get 75% back as a FCC? If so, that might be a better route to go...

You would get back 75% of the 75% the 25% you would get as a refund.  

Edited by Ourusualbeach