Final payment date reduced to 60 days...selected sailings

6 minutes ago, mpk said:

Thanks for this info.  Many people cancel right before final payment because of the uncertainty, and this concession takes that pressure off.  It would be nice to find a published text of the new policy and exactly which cruises apply.

The cruises that I listed in post #1 are currently the only Royal cruises that it applies to.  I expect this to be updated either weekly or bi-weekly. 

On 3/1/2020 at 4:46 AM, ARandomTraveler said:

The Voyager 

On 2/29/2020 at 11:05 PM, Snit13 said:

What ships are still in Asia?  I thought Royal and Celebrity repositioned their ships after canceling their cruises.

We're on Spectrum for 'Best of Japan'  cruise in June and have not heard anything about it being cancelled. Final payment is due this month so hopefully we will hear something before then

Sorry for asking this but I'm still a bit confused. I'm also on the Anthem 5/29 out of Southampton. Does this mean even thought I did final payment if I decide to cancel in mid-March I get a full refund minus my non-refundable deposit? Am I also able to get a better price if that comes down again?

1 hour ago, bhsolo said:

Sorry for asking this but I'm still a bit confused. I'm also on the Anthem 5/29 out of Southampton. Does this mean even thought I did final payment if I decide to cancel in mid-March I get a full refund minus my non-refundable deposit? Am I also able to get a better price if that comes down again?

Call and ask but that is how I read the memo that I received.  It also lists a new table that shows the cancellation penalities and they do not start until 60 days

14 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Call and ask but that is how I read the memo that I received.  It also lists a new table that shows the cancellation penalities and they do not start until 60 days

I finally got through to someone and they didn't realize it was pushed to 60 days, said they had never seen it before. But yes the answers are what we thought. Even if you did the original final payment it will work like always - able to get your money back (minus the non refundable deposit) and can still get a lower priced room if rates go down. They said right now it's all a go with the flow/see what happens/they are doing their best. 

• Like 2

I did call and our May 7 Explorer Rome-Rome isn’t covered, although common sense wise, it seems it should. The nice rep and supervisors he checked with didn’t know about the 60 day change. Hope ours is included in the next day or so...

28 minutes ago, hun said:

I did call and our May 7 Explorer Rome-Rome isn’t covered, although common sense wise, it seems it should. The nice rep and supervisors he checked with didn’t know about the 60 day change. Hope ours is included in the next day or so...

Unless something changes that cruise will be cancelled as Royal is now denying boarding to anyone who has been anywhere in Italy within the last 15 days 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

Just now, Lily2006 said:

where was this posted about 60 day final payment? I didn't receive anything for my Mediterranean cruise.

It was sent to travel agents. Applies to ships and dates in the first post. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

23 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Unless something changes that cruise will be cancelled as Royal is now denying boarding to anyone who has been anywhere in Italy within the last 15 days 

Tampa 13 reported this evening that 2 ladies who recently returned from Italy have tested positive for the virus.  They supposedly returned to US thru NY and called CDC but still were allowed to fly home to Tampa where they were tested.  Apparently they are not real sick and thus are at the home of one of the two and are being treated there.  They don't understand why they were not tested in NY and why they were allowed to fly to Tampa.

On 3/2/2020 at 6:52 PM, Ourusualbeach said:

It was sent to travel agents. Applies to ships and dates in the first post. 

I'm sailing on the Explorer on June 5, and I received contradictory info from my TA (cruise.com). They told me that even though RC changed the final payment date to 60 days, the old penalties table still applies with cancelation penalties starting on Day 89 for those that have already paid in full.

Does not make a lot of sense to me. Any suggestions on how to get confirmation/verification?

23 minutes ago, bagapeak said:

I'm sailing on the Explorer on June 5, and I received contradictory info from my TA (cruise.com). They told me that even though RC changed the final payment date to 60 days, the old penalties table still applies with cancelation penalties starting on Day 89 for those that have already paid in full.

Does not make a lot of sense to me. Any suggestions on how to get confirmation/verification?

Well I can tell you that your TA is either misinformed or lying to you.

D7477000-218D-4063-BCC8-9165B011B254.jpeg

Call your TA and ask for a three way call with Royal. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

2 hours ago, Snit13 said:

Tampa 13 reported this evening that 2 ladies who recently returned from Italy have tested positive for the virus.  They supposedly returned to US thru NY and called CDC but still were allowed to fly home to Tampa where they were tested.  Apparently they are not real sick and thus are at the home of one of the two and are being treated there.  They don't understand why they were not tested in NY and why they were allowed to fly to Tampa.

That is just stupid to let these girls get on another plane.  Whoever is making these decisions needs to rethink it.  At least the girls are home and able to recover there.   Best wishes to them and to anyone they came in contact with at airports taxis etc 

3 hours ago, Snit13 said:

Many reasons. The 100% checking just being implemented last few days, not enough kits and low numbers. Where/when they came from wasnt a 100% ban flying here. Cruising, yes. Then you could be tested twice and not be positive, days later you are. Thats why people being told self quarantine when coming from certain areas... Unless we shut out borders and everyone stay home(too late weeks ago anyway) we do what we can limit spread