purchased gifts for someone

Hi-  I purchased a gift for a friends cruise ( left on sunday 3/1) and  i dont think they received it yet. I've talked to this person but never was it mentioned.  For those who purchased gifts before, how many days till it gets delivered to their state room?

thanks 

Next time you speak to the recipient, I would say something like “I sent you a little something did you receive it?“. That way if they don’t get the gift you  can follow through. And, sometimes gifts are sent but there is no note attached, so the recipient will have no idea that you sent the item. 

I hate to tell you, but more than once I’ve sent a gift, and the recipient never got it.

good luck

M

Edited by cruisegirl1

3 hours ago, Linzym2020 said:

Hi-  I purchased a gift for a friends cruise ( left on sunday 3/1) and  i dont think they received it yet. I've talked to this person but never was it mentioned.  For those who purchased gifts before, how many days till it gets delivered to their state room?

thanks 

I would ask them about it.  We found our cabin decorated for a birthday day 1 with a card in the cabin from the person who paid for it.  Unfortunately, the cabin steward decorated the wrong cabin.  We found it at 1pm when the cabins were first available and the cabin stewards are off, so we went to guest services.  I had the card with the correct cabin number and name on it, so they were able to get it moved quickly.  Maybe your present was sent to the wrong cabin too.

10 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

sometimes gifts are sent but there is no note attached, so the recipient will have no idea that you sent the item. 

This happened to us. My parents received the gift I sent them but as there was no label they thought it was from the ship. They were novice cruisers at the time