UK Internet outage affecting Cunard bookings

Underwatr

From Cunard's Facebook page this morning:

This morning Cunard was notified by our internet service provider, Virgin Media that there had been a major outage and as a result large parts of England are currently without access to broadband. This has impacted Cunard's head office in Southampton.
The operations of our ships have not been impacted.
Currently there is some impact to guests’ ability to book directly with us. Guests with existing bookings will unfortunately not be able to access My Cunard at this time.

We are hopeful that the service will be fully restored as soon as possible and in the meantime we would like to apologise for any inconvenience to guests.

Maintenance Page

Our internet service provider is currently experiencing technical difficulties. As a result, 'My Cunard is currently unavailable for booked guests to manage their bookings. Guests can still book online via www.cunard.com, apologies for any inconvenience.

Thanks for that, Underwatr. Last evening I noticed "My Cunard" was refusing to log me in with the message "We have been unable to validate your log in details, please try again." I just figured it was one of the on-going issue we've been having with the new "My Cunard". Now this morning I'm getting the message Ray66 just posted.

Edited by bluemarble

Thousands lose broadband after workers break cable

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-51752912

Thousands of Sky and Virgin Media customers have lost their broadband connection after a cable was damaged by workers.

Sky said the issue began shortly before midnight on Wednesday in parts of Hampshire and the Isle of Wight.

It said it hoped repairs, which were taking "longer than hoped", would be completed by 16:00 GMT

I just received the same site maintenance message as Ray66 reported earlier while testing the booking process on the Cunard UK website. It allows me to pick a voyage and start a booking, but as soon as I select a fare, this is what I get. I tried twice and the same thing happened both times. Pretty clearly guests cannot still book online via www.cunard.com at the moment (at least for someone like me who's using a VPN to pretend he is in the UK).

Maintenance Page

Our internet service provider is currently experiencing technical difficulties. As a result, 'My Cunard is currently unavailable for booked guests to manage their bookings. Guests can still book online via www.cunard.com, apologies for any inconvenience.

Edited by bluemarble

Wow, it's been over 24 hours and I'm still getting that "Maintenance Page" error above even on the Cunard US website. That error is appearing for me during the booking process after I select a fare and cabin category and just before the "Your voyage summary" page should appear. I'm not actually trying to book a voyage. Just wanted to check what Cunard was showing for cabin availability on a voyage. I'll accomplish that on other cruise booking websites for now.

I guess I shouldn't be puzzled by odd behavior from the Cunard website anymore. But having a website that does not appear to have allowed anyone to make a booking for over 24 hours (and presents an error message indicating the issue is with the "My Cunard" site for booked guests instead) does puzzle me.

Is anyone else having better luck getting the booking process to work at least as far as the "Your booking summary" page on the Cunard website?

15 minutes ago, bluemarble said:

Is anyone else having better luck getting the booking process to work at least as far as the "Your booking summary" page on the Cunard website?

I've just tried M011A on Chrome, Edge and Opera and can get at least as far as the "Guest information" page.

8 minutes ago, North West Newbie said:

I've just tried M011A on Chrome, Edge and Opera and can get at least as far as the "Guest information" page.

Thanks for that. Very interesting, indeed. The issue appears to be related to the specific voyages I've been looking at then. I am also able to get the booking process to work on the Cunard website for voyage M011A. Can't seem to get it to work for several other voyages I've been looking at though. For example, M019B in June (which I'm already booked on), M021B in July, and M121B in July 2021.

2 hours ago, bluemarble said:

Thanks for that. Very interesting, indeed. The issue appears to be related to the specific voyages I've been looking at then. I am also able to get the booking process to work on the Cunard website for voyage M011A. Can't seem to get it to work for several other voyages I've been looking at though. For example, M019B in June (which I'm already booked on), M021B in July, and M121B in July 2021.

Whatever the issue was earlier, it seems to be resolved now. I'm now able to get to the "Your voyage summary" page on the Cunard website for the voyages I was previously having issues with. Maybe something on my end. Hard to know at this point.