To cancel or not to cancel.

MISTER 67

Anyone have any knowledge or a guesstimate of what percentage of passengers are cancelling future cruises as of now. We haven't made a decision yet on our 3/29 cruise on the Regal, probably going to wait until the weekend before. Right now we are leaning towards cancelation, what fun will a cruise be if every minute of the day you are wondering if you are taking the right precautions to avoid getting the virus or wondering about every person you come in close contact with might be a carrier.

Edited by MISTER 67
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, MISTER 67 said:

Anyone have any knowledge or a guesstimate of what percentage of passengers are cancelling future cruises as of now. We haven't made a decision yet on our 3/29 cruise on the Regal, probably going to wait until the weekend before. Right now we are leaning towards cancelation, what fun will a cruise be if every minute of the day you are wondering if you are taking the right precautions to avoid getting the virus or wondering about every person you come in close contact with might be a carrier.

We are on the same ship and trying to decide what to do.  

I'd be going.  It's a Caribbean cruise.  It's end of winter.  I'd want the break.  I personally would be no more worried about COVID-19 than the normal every cruise possibility of Norovirus.  But you have to make up your own mind and what the CC community thinks only amounts to a hill of bean and now you have heard from one of the beans.

• Like 2

My fear is not the CoronaVirus but of possible quarantine if someone tested positive.  Do not think I would handle it very well.  It is really a personal decision. 

Edited by franktown
add
  • Like 3

We are supposed to sail on the Royal on 3/14/20 from LA cruising the Mexican Rivera returning to LA on 3/21. We are flying to LA from Boston. We are very confused and concerned on what we should do. We are also concerned about being quarunteened if someone on the ship gets sick of something, everyone is jumpy at this point, I too won't take too being confined well. A 14 day quatunteen after the cruise and then another flying back to Boston will be strenuous on our work. Any suggestions or news especially from anyone currently on or disembarking from the Royal Princess would be greatly appreciated!

Edited by zedd
Addition

Is a cruise worth dying for?  
Are you 60+, with or without underlying health concerns like HBP, diabetes, heart, lung, kidney, or liver disease?  Have a compromised immune system?  I would think  hard about taking a cruise at this time.  It could be lethal.   Is it worth taking a risk?.  Only you can decide your tolerance for risk.  
At least until a Covid-19 vaccine is developed, tested, and administered to the public.  Some say between 12-24  months from now.

See CDC recommendations.

For me,  a cruise is non-essential travel.   I can wait.

If you do decide to take that cruise, safe travels.  Good luck.  I will pray for you.

Edited by Justalone
  • Like 2

We are going on our cruises in April and May, but we are quite young (and apparently healthy) for people on this board. The way things are going, by then, you will be as likely to catch it at home anyways. My father and in-laws are not going.

You will have to decide your own tolerance for risk. As others have said, if you have underlying medical issues, I would not go. Also, if you would worry the whole time, it would best to pass on it.

Of course, I have concerns about being quarantined. While I like trying new things, that is one experience I think I will take a pass on if possible.

I have HBP and T2 diabetic and I'll be 60 on next birthday. I'm hoping someone cancels the cruise be it Pence or Princess. I'm curious to see if the Royal is allowed to dock and what people currently on the ship have to say about their experience. It won't take much for me to pull the plug on this trip, we sail on Princess a few times a year, I can always put the credit currently being offered to use a different time once this Covid19 stuff simmer's down some. I've been looking forward to Cabo and the other 2 stops, it's the Love Boat cruise, one I've always wanted to take. I've waited this long I guess, still watching for now though...

Edited by zedd

45 minutes ago, Justalone said:

Is a cruise worth dying for?  
Are you 60+, with or without underlying health concerns like HBP, diabetes, heart, lung, kidney, or liver disease?  Have a compromised immune system?  I would think  hard about taking a cruise at this time.  It could be lethal.   Is it worth taking a risk?.  Only you can decide your tolerance for risk.  
At least until a Covid-19 vaccine is developed, tested, and administered to the public.  Some say between 12-24  months from now.

See CDC recommendations.

For me,  a cruise is non-essential travel.   I can wait.

If you do decide to take that cruise, safe travels.  Good luck.  I will pray for you.

Hard to argue with you but what do we do with whatever else is going on with our lives, do we avoid restaurants, stay away from the movies and packed arenas for hockey and basketball games, not attend church, stay off crowded subway trains and airplanes. Perfect example was today at my golf club, we had a huge golf tournament for a charity with both of our courses packed with 144 players on each course in a Shotgun start. Big buffet lunch after the tournament with everybody touching the tongs and serving spoons, hopefully no one comes down with something.

It looks like this virus is going to change the way we live for the foreseeable future. The only thing I can remember with something as bad as this health wise was the Polio epidemic back in the early 50s.

Edited by MISTER 67