New itinerary for Riviera , 4-29-20 , Barcelona yo Rome

SCgowan3

We received our letter yesterday listing the Mediterranean Spring Cruises that would have itinerary changes removing all Italy ports. Ours on 4-29- 20 is listed. However we did not receive the new itinerary. Anyone else  have this issue ? I’d like to know before we make our final decision . 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, SCgowan3 said:

We received our letter yesterday listing the Mediterranean Spring Cruises that would have itinerary changes removing all Italy ports. Ours on 4-29- 20 is listed. However we did not receive the new itinerary. Anyone else  have this issue ? I’d like to know before we make our final decision . 

I just checked the itinerary of your cruise on O went site, as of this morning it still shows you going to Italian ports and ending in Rome.

27 minutes ago, SCgowan3 said:

Yes that is original itinerary. I have actually seen an updated itinerary posted by a cruiser for one of the other weeks. She said it came with letter , but ours did not. 

Is the cruise  before or after yours?

Maybe they are  working their way  by sailing  date

By your sailing   the Med may be closed for business ...

https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/5097/

Here it is:

Day

Port

Country

Port

Country

Arr

Dep

29-Apr-20

Wed

Barcelona

Spain

Barcelona

Spain

--

11:00 PM

30-Apr-20

Thu

Palamos

Spain

Palamos

Spain

8:00 AM

6:00 PM

1-May-20

Fri

Marseille

France

Marseille

France

7:00 PM

2-May-20

Sat

Monte Carlo

Monaco

Monte Carlo

Monaco

11:00 PM

3-May-20

Sun

St. Tropez

France

St. Tropez

France

4-May-20

Mon

Livorno

Italy

At Sea

At sea

--

--

5-May-20

Tue

At Sea

At sea

Valletta

Malta

7:00 AM

2:00 PM

6-May-20

Wed

Valletta

Malta

Argostoli

Greece

11:00 AM

7:00 PM

7-May-20

Thu

Messina

Italy

Chania (Crete)

Greece

9:00 AM

8-May-20

Fri

Sorrento

Italy

Kusadasi

Turkey

9:00 AM

9-May-20

Sat

Civitavecchia

Italy

Athens

Greece

6:00 AM

--

Left side old/Right side new

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ah....we too are booked and paid in full for the April 29 date. This new itinerary isn't working for us. We are part of a group of 30 cruising with an Italian wine theme-  Tuscan winemaker hosting a paired dinner on board, on board -group wine tasting of his wines, and excursions with wine and food pairing theme in Sicily. After debarking in Rome we were to travel to Tuscany for four day  tour on land before flying out of Rome.  We  have no interest in traveling to Greece or Turkey at this time. Nor does leaving port in Malta at 2 PM one day and arriving in another port in Malta the next day have any appeal at this point. Pretty sure Oceania has their ability to make port changes baked into the agreement we signed. I guess we shall wait and see what our TA advises.   We booked our flight and have already spoken with the airline. Haven't heard a peep from them so far on this matter. Highly disappointed about it, but understand what it is. 

My questions for those who go with a FCC-

do I understand correctly that we will receive a 25% discount on any future cruise in addition to the FCC credit?

Also, regarding trip insurance,  should we do a future cruise with the credit, do insurers typically honor the same policy and extend it for the future trip?

Last, with things changing by the day, is it best to hold off at this point in case ports for the new itinerary are affected?

• Like 1

PS Just found this info on the link posted above regarding ports that MAY possibly turn ships away. Doesn't make me feel any better about the two new stops in Malta.

Malta: With the local government blaming misinformation circulated by the media, the government of Malta and MSC Cruises agreed to have MSC Opera skip its planned port of call in Malta in order to avoid public unrest.

• Like 1

It is right before ours- showing couple of ports in Turkey and ending in Greece . And I agree with you , it may be pointless by the end of April. I’m almost certain we will cancel and try again later on. 
Thanks for the new itinerary with changes above! That is very helpful. Although this would be our first Mediterranean cruise and we would like Greece at some point , not sure this is how we would want to do it. Our  flights are booked out of Rome after post cruise stay there. It was for our 30 th anniversary and was going to be wonderful! 
From what I understand with our insurance we should be able to cancel and get 100% back due to interruption of travel. And I’m guessing we could use the 25 % off of future cruise for later cruise. We will check with our TA on Monday I guess and make final decision , to cancel I’m pretty sure. Very sad indeed. 

I'm certainly not happy with the change of ports.  Plus you know that this cruise will be changed again.  We're not going.

SC Are you saying that in addition to a 100 percent cruise credit from Oceania we get an additional 25% off a cruise?  I thought if you sailed this cruise you got the 25%?

This is the first I've heard to cancel for 100% due to interruption of travel on travel insurance.  I'm going to check with my TA and Travel Insurance Company.

It's a shame that we will be cancelling this cruise, but don't want to get involved with all the possible problems that will arise.

It is right before ours- showing couple of ports in Turkey and ending in Greece . And I agree with you , it may be pointless by the end of April. I’m almost certain we will cancel and try again later on. 
Thanks for the new itinerary with changes above! That is very helpful. Although this would be our first Mediterranean cruise and we would like Greece at some point , not sure this is how we would want to do it. Our  flights are booked out of Rome after post cruise stay there. It was for our 30 th anniversary and was going to be wonderful! 
From what I understand with our insurance we should be able to cancel and get 100% back due to interruption of travel. And I’m guessing we could use the 25 % off of future cruise for later cruise. We will check with our TA on Monday I guess and make final decision , to cancel I’m pretty sure. Very sad indeed. 

1 hour ago, SCgowan3 said:

SC - Just a thought.  If you were originally planning on staying in Rome after the cruise ended, before flying from Rome back to the U.S. (?)  Why not end the cruise In Athens (the new itinerary) and just catch an afternoon flight (Non-stop) out of Athens to Rome.  It's a relatively short flight.  Then, just continue your trip as originally planned with your stay in Rome, and use your already-booked flight from Rome back home?  Just saying.  That's what I'd do.  Regards

• Like 1

SC-Since most of the airlines are allowing cancellations without penalties through April, why don't you cancel just the cruise now, keep your flights as is, and if things clear up rebook the cruise closer to sailing. There should be plenty of open cabins. If the cruise ends up being completely cancelled with in a few weeks or so then you can cancel the flights.

• Like 1