FCC Problem

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Every FCC that I have seen in the last year has been based on what guests actually paid and never divided equally 

Ours was also prior to final payment.  So not sure if that made a difference,  but we had the 1000 dollar deposit on a KSF cruise.   We lost 100 per person and were left with $150/person.  So we had 4 FCCs at 150/person despite our kids never having had paid anything for the cruise.  We still had to put a deposit on them and they refused to put their deposit on ours despite their actual fare being zero.  We went through resolutions even arguing that we shouldn’t be issued an FCC for the kids and that got us nowhere.  We also got nowhere asking to apply the FCC from our KSF cruise to another KSF cruise as the kids had no fare other that fees and taxes which you cannot use an FCC on.  We argued vehemently.  I am glad that they have changed the policies as I was livid when I couldn’t use it.  They finally conceded and allowed us to only Book the cruise by the expiration date rather than sail.  That even took several weeks of emailing as they stated it wasn’t allowed.  I had to forward the email they sent me from resolutions stating they had allowed an exception to policy for our kids FCCs so we could find a cruise to use them on.  It was incredibly aggravating and I posted my issues on here about it.

I got zero sympathy, and many cheerleaders arguing that I shouldn’t be able to use the FCC for kids because they have no fare,  despite the fact it was issued to my kids for a KSF sailing where they had no fare, only a deposit.I could find no policy regarding this issue nor a policy stating that they had to issue an FCC for my kids despite having no fare. IMO me and my wife should have been given the FCC credit instead of the kids or their deposit should have been refunded as they had no fare to begin with, and it was literally a deposit that was being credited to me and my wife’s fares.

Edited by rimmit

9 minutes ago, Boatsie said:

I’m figuring (in at least the next couple weeks) that the cruise ships will be the cleanest and most uncrowded they’ve ever been.

The US government, media and future customers will be watching them like a hawk.  I’d assume they would love to have happy, healthy customers bouncing down the debarkation gangway telling the world what a great time they had.

At least that’s the way my mind is rationalizing the situation to the part of me that is still thinking about canceling the cruise. 😬

Personally, I would be one of those happy people. I only canceled because my mom is 81.

9 minutes ago, rimmit said:

Ours was also prior to final payment.  So not sure if that made a difference,  but we had the 1000 dollar deposit on a KSF cruise.   We lost 100 per person and were left with $150/person.  So we had 4 FCCs at 150/person despite our kids never having had paid anything for the cruise.  We still had to put a deposit on them and they refused to put their deposit on ours despite their actual fare being zero.  We went through resolutions even arguing that we shouldn’t be issued an FCC for the kids and that got us nowhere.  We also got nowhere asking to apply the FCC from our KSF cruise to another KSF cruise as the kids had no fare other that fees and taxes which you cannot use an FCC on.  We argued vehemently.  I am glad that they have changed the policies as I was livid when I couldn’t use it.  They finally conceded and allowed us to only Book the cruise by the expiration date rather than sail.  That even took several weeks of emailing as they stated it wasn’t allowed.  I had to forward the email they sent me from resolutions stating they had allowed an exception to policy for our kids FCCs so we could find a cruise to use them on.  It was incredibly aggravating and I posted my issues on here about it.

I got zero sympathy, and many cheerleaders arguing that I shouldn’t be able to use the FCC for kids because they have no fare,  despite the fact it was issued to my kids for a KSF sailing where they had no fare, only a deposit.I could find no policy regarding this issue nor a policy stating that they had to issue an FCC for my kids despite having no fare. IMO me and my wife should have been given the FCC credit instead of the kids or their deposit should have been refunded as they had no fare to begin with, and it was literally a deposit that was being credited to me and my wife’s fares.

That's just awful. It looks like the policy has changed. I was very specific in asking about kids and was assured we would get two FCC and not 4. Hope the rep was telling me the truth.

9 hours ago, AmandaKaye79 said:

My friend got a FCC for a cruise booked that was cancelled. It was one of the cruises where it was 60% off the second guest. She was booked with her husband in a cabin for 2. They were issued separate FCCs. Her FCC was way less than his because she was the second person in the cabin. When they rebooked a new cruise in a cabin for 2, the cruiseline would not apply both FCCs for a total price. They took them separate as in a per person rate. So now, she ended up having to pay more money and her husband has money left on his FCC. Has anyone heard of this happening? Is there anything that can be done to apply the total amount of the cabin that they booked instead of individually? That doesn't seem to make much sense. 

Sometimes Royal offers "BOGO 60", meaning the first person pays full price and the second person gets 60% off. 

Sometimes Royal offers "30% Off All Guests", meaning first and second person are charged the same price. 

If the original cruise was booked during BOGO 60 then you need to book the replacement cruise when they have BOGO 60 promotion if you want to apply the FCC properly. It appears they booked the replacement cruise under a "30% Off All Guests" promotion. 

The promotions seem to alternate, might need to wait a week or two until they switch the promotion. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MoniMommy said:

That's just awful. It looks like the policy has changed. I was very specific in asking about kids and was assured we would get two FCC and not 4. Hope the rep was telling me the truth.

I am very glad they seem to have changed their policy.  It makes me much more likely to take cancel and receive an FCC in the future when we are on a KSF sailing.

To add a note to my post above:

When booking on the RC website, after you have selected a cabin you can click the link "View Pricing by Guest" to see the price per person and make sure this matches up with your FCC. In this example the price for both guests is the same, they currently have a "30% Off All Guests" promotion. 

RC1.JPG

RC2.JPG

We were booked on the 9/1/2019 allure cruise that was cancelled. We rebooked using FCC on the 2/23/2020 allure cruise. However, we were not able to use all of the FCC due to the price per person.  Our TA told us we would have to wait until we completed the 2/23 cruise to get a new FCC.  I called C&A when we returned and was told it can take up to 30 days. I told them I wanted it ASAP as I want to book another cruise.  We got the email today advising of the new FCC.  

Edited by maggieq

42 minutes ago, rimmit said:

Now that you explain it it makes total sense and the exact same thing would happen today.

The issue is that you were before final payment.

Kids  even though they sail free still show a deposit until final payment. 

20 minutes ago, rimmit said:

I am very glad they seem to have changed their policy.  It makes me much more likely to take cancel and receive an FCC in the future when we are on a KSF sailing.

I will report back once I get my FCC.

3 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Now that you explain it it makes total sense and the exact same thing would happen today.

I see the FCC was for the deposit. My FCC is for 50% of the fare for both guests. My FCC is not related to the deposit. Perhaps that's why my case was different. I actually haven't received the FCC so we shall see.

Just now, MoniMommy said:

I see the FCC was for the deposit. My FCC is for 50% of the fare for both guests. My FCC is not related to the deposit. Perhaps that's why my case was different. I actually haven't received the FCC so we shall see.

Yes, it was under completely different circumstances. 

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Yes,  in retrospect and from now on,  I will likely wait till after final payment to cancel so that all the FCC is on me and the wife rather than have them issue it to the kids.  Makes no sense though as the deposit on them is actually used toward our fare, but it is what it is.