FCC Problem

My friend got a FCC for a cruise booked that was cancelled. It was one of the cruises where it was 60% off the second guest. She was booked with her husband in a cabin for 2. They were issued separate FCCs. Her FCC was way less than his because she was the second person in the cabin. When they rebooked a new cruise in a cabin for 2, the cruiseline would not apply both FCCs for a total price. They took them separate as in a per person rate. So now, she ended up having to pay more money and her husband has money left on his FCC. Has anyone heard of this happening? Is there anything that can be done to apply the total amount of the cabin that they booked instead of individually? That doesn't seem to make much sense. 

34 minutes ago, AmandaKaye79 said:

My friend got a FCC for a cruise booked that was cancelled. It was one of the cruises where it was 60% off the second guest. She was booked with her husband in a cabin for 2. They were issued separate FCCs. Her FCC was way less than his because she was the second person in the cabin. When they rebooked a new cruise in a cabin for 2, the cruiseline would not apply both FCCs for a total price. They took them separate as in a per person rate. So now, she ended up having to pay more money and her husband has money left on his FCC. Has anyone heard of this happening? Is there anything that can be done to apply the total amount of the cabin that they booked instead of individually? That doesn't seem to make much sense. 

How it was applied was correct.  Any extra funds will be issued as a new FCC.  They are issued on a per person basis and can ony be redeemed by that person and cannot be applied to the total

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AmandaKaye79 said:

Absolutely Ive not only heard of it happening, it happened to me when we cancelled our Harmony cruise because of hurricane Dorian.   Not only this but she will also have to pay yet another deposit to use the FCCs as well.   We found that to take a comparable cruise in the same cabin on Harmony, we would have to put up no less than 1500.00 total which included a 250.00 per person deposit, no matter when in the next year that we booked it.    We decided to apply the FCC toward an Alaska cruise on Ovation and Im certainly hoping I dont have to cancel it and take another FCC.    

16 minutes ago, ryano said:

Absolutely Ive not only heard of it happening, it happened to me when we cancelled our Harmony cruise because of hurricane Dorian.   Not only this but she will also have to pay yet another deposit to use the FCCs as well.   We found that to take a comparable cruise in the same cabin on Harmony, we would have to put up no less than 1500.00 total which included a 250.00 per person deposit, no matter when in the next year that we booked it.    We decided to apply the FCC toward an Alaska cruise on Ovation and Im certainly hoping I dont have to cancel it and take another FCC.    

If you used your FCC to purchase your Alaska cruise, and you cancel the cruise, you will forfeit the entire value of the FCC and only be issued a new FCC in the amount you paid in addition costs over & above the original FCC. It sucks, but it’s the way they’re doing it now.

Also for anyone out there that use KSF.  As a warning,  if you cancel on KSF sailing they will issue an FCC for your kids despite not having paid anything for them other than taxes and fees.  You CANNOT use this FCC to pay for a child on another KSF sailing.  So you will have to book a sailing without KSF to use the child’s FCC.  We found this out the hard way.

1 hour ago, AmandaKaye79 said:

Same think happened to us this past summer  and I understand is common.  We have extra FCC  for some other cruise ( strict limitations to use) and had to pay for our second person. 

M

8 minutes ago, Boatsie said:

If you used your FCC to purchase your Alaska cruise, and you cancel the cruise, you will forfeit the entire value of the FCC and only be issued a new FCC in the amount you paid in addition costs over & above the original FCC. It sucks, but it’s the way they’re doing it now.

Let me make sure I understand.    We used a FCC from a cancelled Harmony cruise to book the Alaska cruise on Ovation.   Our cruise is too far out to be under the July 31 deadline.  It is August 21st.   WHAT will happen if that deadline is extended to August 31 and we cancel?   Are you saying we are totally out of money except for what we paid above and beyond the original FCC amount?  

If that is the case, Im going on that cruise, coronavirus be damned.    No way in Hades am I giving up over 1800.00 to Royal Caribbean.    Not gonna happen.  I will take my chances.

Edited by ryano

12 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

Unless they change the policy, a used FCC will not be reissued; it will be forfeited.

9 minutes ago, Boatsie said:

3 minutes ago, ryano said:

Let me make sure I understand.    We used a FCC from a cancelled Harmony cruise to book the Alaska cruise on Ovation.   Our cruise is too far out to be under the July 31 deadline.  It is August 21st.   WHAT will happen if that deadline is extended to August 31 and we cancel?   Are you saying we are totally out of money except for what we paid above and beyond the original FCC amount?  

If that is the case, Im going on that cruise, coronavirus be damned.    No way in Hades am I giving up over 1800.00 to Royal Caribbean.    Not gonna happen.  I will take my chances.

New terms for FCC apply.  Just released last night

What if my client used a Future Cruise Credit to pay for their existing cruise and now wishes to cancel under the Cruise with Confidence terms?

The original Future Cruise Credit will be reinstated with the prior Future Cruise Credit expiration date and amount. Your client will also receive a new Future Cruise Credit based on the amount paid and following the Cruise with Confidence policy terms.

• Like 5

Looks like the policy changed.  Would be much easier if people didn't continue to open new threads.  🙄

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

New terms for FCC apply.  Just released last night

What if my client used a Future Cruise Credit to pay for their existing cruise and now wishes to cancel under the Cruise with Confidence terms?

The original Future Cruise Credit will be reinstated with the prior Future Cruise Credit expiration date and amount. Your client will also receive a new Future Cruise Credit based on the amount paid and following the Cruise with Confidence policy terms.

Thanks!  My FCC has an expiration date of September 30 2020.   If worse comes to worse and we had to cancel our August 21 2020 cruise, it appears to me that we would have about 5 weeks to book another cruise, but could book another cruise past the FCC expiration date as long as its redeemed by September 30?     Gosh, I hope all this makes sense!   Its so confusing to me.     I hope this is all history by then and i can just go on my cruise as scheduled.    

Thanks!  My FCC has an expiration date of September 30 2020.   If worse comes to worse and we had to cancel our August 21 2020 cruise, it appears to me that we would have about 5 weeks to book another cruise, but could book another cruise past the FCC expiration date as long as its redeemed by September 30?     Gosh, I hope all this makes sense!   Its so confusing to me.     I hope this is all history by then and i can just go on my cruise as scheduled.    

If it expired during a period when travel was still an issue I would certainly call and ask for an extension.  Royal is being very reasonable and adapting policies as these new unique situations arise.

• Like 1

Reading all of this and not liking it one bit.  I considered cancelling and still giving the cruise line my business by booking for next year because we really want to go,  if not this year then next year,  but not with all of these restrictions and price increases.  It is a huge turn off.

Mine had nothing to do with the recent coronavirus stuff. The FCC was issued last summer when the possible Hurricane was headed to the east coast. They gave the option to sail or either get a FCC. We assumed the FCC total could be used to book another cruise for the two people. This is not the case since on the original invoice, it shows that passenger 2 was 60% off. In conclusion, passenger 1 (husband) got a FCC for the full amount, and passenger 2 (wife) got a FCC for 60% discounted amount. When they went to rebook another cruise, passenger 1 has a lot of leftover money on his FCC and passenger 2 had to pay extra. The total price of the cruise was almost identical to what they originally had booked, but the wife had to pay money and the husband now has money left on the FCC that can be used for another cruise. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rimmit said:

Also for anyone out there that use KSF.  As a warning,  if you cancel on KSF sailing they will issue an FCC for your kids despite not having paid anything for them other than taxes and fees.  You CANNOT use this FCC to pay for a child on another KSF sailing.  So you will have to book a sailing without KSF to use the child’s FCC.  We found this out the hard way.

I asked about this when I called. I was told differently. Hope she wasn't wrong. I called the Crown and Anchor number. The other numbers gave me a busy signal. I was on phone for 43 minutes. That includes hold time and time to speak with the agent, answer questions, and cancel my cruise. I was told that the FCC would be issued in the name of the 1st and  2 guests only as I sailed  under KSF. This is good for me because we always sail under KSF. I took down her name and the time of the call in case I need to go back and dispute anything. My worst fear is them splitting the FCC among the 4 of us in which case we would loose money or have to sail at an more expensive time if the year when kids are not 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, MoniMommy said:

I asked about this when I called. I was told differently. Hope she wasn't wrong. I called the Crown and Anchor number. The other numbers gave me a busy signal. I was on phone for 43 minutes. That includes hold time and time to speak with the agent, answer questions, and cancel my cruise. I was told that the FCC would be issued in the name of the 1st and  2 guests only as I sailed  under KSF. This is good for me because we always sail under KSF. I took down her name and the time of the call in case I need to go back and dispute anything. My worst fear is them splitting the FCC among the 4 of us in which case we would loose money or have to sail at an more expensive time if the year when kids are not 

Glad you had a different experience than me. Another example of RCI being inconsistently consistent.  

This was definitely a huge issue for me in the past, and I have even brought it up on the forum about 2 years ago, and the response I got was none to kind.  We were definitely issued an FCC that was basically our cruise divided 4 ways which was a pain as we couldn’t find any cruise we could apply it too before it expired.  I finally got them to extend the FCC expiration. So we could find a cruise to use it on.  It was a total pain.  I am glad you are having a better experience.

3 minutes ago, rimmit said:

Glad you had a different experience than me. Another example of RCI being inconsistently consistent.  

This was definitely a huge issue for me in the past, and I have even brought it up on the forum about 2 years ago, and the response I got was none to kind.  We were definitely issued an FCC that was basically our cruise divided 4 ways which was a pain as we couldn’t find any cruise we could apply it too before it expired.  I finally got them to extend the FCC expiration. So we could find a cruise to use it on.  It was a total pain.  I am glad you are having a better experience.

Why would anyone be unkind about this. Some people on these boards are unbelievable. Even though the agent said it was one way I will be relieved when I have the FCC and it's only in 2 names.

2 hours ago, rimmit said:

I’m now considering the lesser of two evils:

Do I go on the cruise, have a good time  & risk corona virus and/or an extended period of quarantine?

OR

do I waste hours on a phone call sorting out reinstating my previous FCC, current FCC (with different expiration dates); praying that RCCL won’t screw it up and I get what was agreed to over the phone; cancelling hotel, parking & trip insurance; finding a new cruise that fits within the limitations of the FCC terms of service; rebooking said cruise; purchasing new trip insurance (with more restrictions); and rebooking hotel & car parking.

what to to, what to do......

Edited by Boatsie

6 minutes ago, Boatsie said:

I’m now considering the lesser of two evils:

Do I go on the cruise, have a good time  & risk corona virus and/or an extended period of quarantine?

OR

do I waste hours on a phone call sorting out reinstating my previous FCC, current FCC (with different expiration dates); praying that RCCL won’t screw it up and I get what was agreed to over the phone; cancelling hotel, parking & trip insurance; finding a new cruise that fits within the limitations of the FCC terms of service; rebooking said cruise; purchasing new trip insurance (with more restrictions); and rebooking hotel & car parking.

what to to, what to do......

Only you can make that call. I canceled because of my 81 year old mother. But is it were just me and my kids I would have went. Even now I am considering going on the cruise by myself and sending kids to moms. If the price drops enough I may do it. For now I took my 50% redubd and 50% FCC. I hope we will be able to go in Oct. I am going to book, but if the advisery against cruising is still in effect at the time of Final Paymeny I will cancel because I dont want 2 FCC. I will also book a refundable deposit fare.

2 hours ago, rimmit said:

Every FCC that I have seen in the last year has been based on what guests actually paid and never divided equally 

1 hour ago, MoniMommy said:

Only you can make that call. I canceled because of my 81 year old mother. But is it were just me and my kids I would have went. Even now I am considering going on the cruise by myself and sending kids to moms. If the price drops enough I may do it. For now I took my 50% redubd and 50% FCC. I hope we will be able to go in Oct. I am going to book, but if the advisery against cruising is still in effect at the time of Final Paymeny I will cancel because I dont want 2 FCC. I will also book a refundable deposit fare.

I’m figuring (in at least the next couple weeks) that the cruise ships will be the cleanest and most uncrowded they’ve ever been.

The US government, media and future customers will be watching them like a hawk.  I’d assume they would love to have happy, healthy customers bouncing down the debarkation gangway telling the world what a great time they had.

At least that’s the way my mind is rationalizing the situation to the part of me that is still thinking about canceling the cruise. 😬