Cancel and Rebook same cruise?

A bit off the other FCC topics. We are currently booked on an early April cruise. The price has gone way down. We don't really care about an upgraded room, being on the ship anywhere is fine. I do have another cruise we're looking at in December. 

Would it be feasible to cancel now, use some of the FCC to rebook, and put the rest towards December?

Welcome any thoughts. 

Frankly, I think people doing this is a great way to get Royal to walk back it's willingness to allow us to cancel up to 2 days before the cruise. 

Let's not abuse it when companies actually do the right thing, shall we?

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

There's the answer, thank you!

FYI, I don't for a minute believe in the 'goodwill' of major corporations. Previous to this situation, they would have little to no mercy with a cancellation and would happily sell the cabin you just vacated while keeping your money. 

I enjoy the product, for sure, but caveat emptor. 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, allentownahoy said:

Can it be used towards final payment for  a later future cruise that you have already booked prior to the whole corona virus scare?

Yes it can be applied to an already-booked cruise.

You can even apply it to a fully-paid cruise and they will refund the payment and apply the FCC instead. 

6 hours ago, cruisingcasual said:

A bit off the other FCC topics. We are currently booked on an early April cruise. The price has gone way down. We don't really care about an upgraded room, being on the ship anywhere is fine. I do have another cruise we're looking at in December. 

Would it be feasible to cancel now, use some of the FCC to rebook, and put the rest towards December?

Welcome any thoughts. 

We did this last week only we upgraded when re-booking and will then used the FCC for our cruise in December 

9 hours ago, Eslader said:

Frankly, I think people doing this is a great way to get Royal to walk back it's willingness to allow us to cancel up to 2 days before the cruise. 

Let's not abuse it when companies actually do the right thing, shall we?

Some might argue if RCL didn't have "dynamic pricing" in the first place this wouldn't be available............. and don't think for a second "the right thing" hasn't also been calculated out to put RCL in a better financial position going forward.......