FCC-anyone notice this...

4 minutes ago, kdziewik said:

Anyone notice they don't have a buy one get one 50%/60% and changed to Friends and Family after issuing the FCC so now you have to pay more? 

The "sales" since May 2015 have mostly been fake - it doesn't really matter what they call them, the pricing has been dynamic since then based on market conditions, not "sales".

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 2

I know they are fake. They are always fake sales but if you get a FCC for cancelling your cruise, you will end up paying more under the new sale since Guest 1 and Guest 2 would both be the same price, ex. $2000 Total Cruise Fare. Guest 1-$1000, Guest 2-$1000. Under previous sale Guest 1would be $1,200 Guest 2- $800 or something similar to that so now your FCC reflects those prices so Guest 2 would have to pay more and guest 1 would have extra to use. It's a bold move by Royal to get more money from guest.

2 minutes ago, kdziewik said:

They are always fake sales but if you get a FCC for cancelling your cruise, you will end up paying more under the new sale since Guest 1 and Guest 2 would both be the same price, ex. $2000 Total Cruise Fare. Guest 1-$1000, Guest 2-$1000. Under previous sale Guest 1would be $1,200 Guest 2- $800 or something similar to that so now your FCC reflects those prices so Guest 2 would have to pay more and guest 1 would have extra to use.

@Ourusualbeach can confirm, but I think as long as it's the same two people traveling and the new fare is at least $2000, it doesn't matter how the FCC was split up, you'll be able to use the whole $2000 toward the new booking.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

@Ourusualbeach can confirm, but I think as long as it's the same two people traveling and the new fare is at least $2000, it doesn't matter how the FCC was split up, you'll be able to use the whole $2000 toward the new booking.

My understanding was that it DID NOT work like that. I hope someone can clarify.

Just now, MoniMommy said:

My understanding was that it DID NOT work like that. I hope someone can clarify.

From my past experience, to apply the FCC to a reservation, the owner of the FCC has to be on the reservation.  It will not matter what the breakdown of fares is on the new reservation.  The FCC just gets applied as a payment.

10 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

I haven’t heard anything about them changing the rules for redemption which currently I believe allow the FCC’s to only be applied to the individual guest and not the booking.  

Edited by Ourusualbeach

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I haven’t heard anything about them changing the rules for redemption which currently allow the FCC’s to only be applied to the individual guest and not the booking.  

Yes, that's the way it worked for me recently.  I had a $2300 FCC for a cancelled sailing where I was booked solo.  Thus I held out to apply the FCC to my most expensive booked cruise. I'm always booked as Guest #1 and husband as #2, but on the particular cruise I wanted to apply the FCC to, it was the reverse.  By being guest #2,  my fare was less than half of the FCC I wanted to use.  RC nicely revised the booking first to reflect me as Guest #1 (as always has been in the past), then applied the FCC which left me a small balance of $400 to self-pay.

They specifically told me I could only apply the FCC to my guest fare and not to the booking.  Hope everything works out for all.  I think (will have to verify) that we can now split the FCC over more than one cruise as long as it's applied (or the sailing is) before the expiration date.

1 minute ago, long4acruise said:

Yes, that's the way it worked for me recently.  I had a $2300 FCC for a cancelled sailing where I was booked solo.  Thus I held out to apply the FCC to my most expensive booked cruise. I'm always booked as Guest #1 and husband as #2, but on the particular cruise I wanted to apply the FCC to, it was the reverse.  By being guest #2,  my fare was less than half of the FCC I wanted to use.  RC nicely revised the booking first to reflect me as Guest #1 (as always has been in the past), then applied the FCC which left me a small balance of $400 to self-pay.

They specifically told me I could only apply the FCC to my guest fare and not to the booking.  Hope everything works out for all.  I think (will have to verify) that we can now split the FCC over more than one cruise as long as it's applied (or the sailing is) before the expiration date.

I can confirm that if there is FCC left over a new FCC will be issued that you can apply to a different sailing.  

8 minutes ago, MoniMommy said:

@Ourusualbeach you seem to be knowledgeable about such things. Here is a message I just sent to royal using their contact us form on the website. Is the 2 fold problem I explained clear? Also do you think I will get a favorable resolution? Thank you in advance for your time.

I canceled on Mar 10 by calling 800-762-0585. I called at 1:14 pm and the call lasted for 43 minutes and 2 seconds. I spoke with Lisa and we went over the details. Lisa confirmed that I would receive a 50%  refund and a 50% FCC. Today I see that I was given a 100% FCC. This is not what was promised, and it is not what I want.

Also,the FCC is wrong. I paid for guests 1 and 2. I was told that the FCC would be issued for Shermonica and Azalia(guests 1 and 2) and that none would be issued for Arabella and Jade because these 2 guests did not pay a fare. However, the FCC that I received is for Shermonica (1-KRKL2R5, $489), Azalia (1-KRKL2R7,489), Azalia( 1-KRKL2R6), Arabella(1-KRKL2R8). NOTE that Azalia received 2 FCC. I specifically asked Lisa about the FCC allocation and she checked with a manger and confirmed that the FCC would only be issued for the 2 paying passengers.

I kindly request a 50% refund and a 50% FCC be issued only for the passengers with a fare (guests 1 and 2 - Azalia and Shermonica). This is what was promised and what I confirmed with Lisa. Alternatively, I will accept a 100% refund.

I look forward to hearing from you with a resolution.

Best Regards,

Policies changed.  I believe they went to all FCC prior to March 10 and that you received incorrect information.  You could try arguing it but I doubt that you will get anywhere.  The only way that you now get a cash refund is to cancel under the original terms with no FCC. 

As as far as how it’s distributed it should be split  based on how much the individuals paid. This you could most likely argue and get changed.   In your figures above I do not see a $ amount for guests 3 and 4...did you omit that. 

Just now, Ourusualbeach said:

Policies changed.  I believe they went to all FCC prior to March 10 and that you received incorrect information.  You could try arguing it but I doubt that you will get anywhere.  The only way that you now get a cash refund is to cancel under the original terms with no FCC. 

As as far as how it’s distributed it should be split  based on how much the individuals paid. This you could most likely argue and get changed.   In your figures above I do not see a $ amount for guests 3 and 4...did you omit that. 

Yes, I omitted. They each received 489. Ok well, I will take the 50% refund and forgo the FCC as I have no faith in the company. When I am treated unfairly I see no point in continuing to do business with that company to be mistreated again. Do you know the date that the policy was changed. I asked the rep at least 3 times about the policy and this is what I was told. 

23 minutes ago, MoniMommy said:

Yes, I omitted. They each received 489. Ok well, I will take the 50% refund and forgo the FCC as I have no faith in the company. When I am treated unfairly I see no point in continuing to do business with that company to be mistreated again. Do you know the date that the policy was changed. I asked the rep at least 3 times about the policy and this is what I was told. 

Not sure of the date, you could comb through the threads here to find it. 

On 3/13/2020 at 11:45 AM, kdziewik said:

Anyone notice they don't have a buy one get one 50%/60% and changed to Friends and Family after issuing the FCC so now you have to pay more? 

Why is this so surprising? The FCC's that all of these cruise lines are handing out are only a trap. It saves them from not refunding cash they don't have and guarantees  that passengers have to book a cruise even if it costs more. The expiration date will be even more  of an influence to use it or lose it even if they don't offer kids sale free. No reason to run a sale when you have so many who need to cash in the FCC's. 

1 minute ago, Iamcruzin said:

Why is this so surprising? The FCC's that all of these cruise lines are handing out are only a trap. It saves them from not refunding cash they don't have and guarantees  that passengers have to book a cruise even if it costs more. The expiration date will be even more  of an influence to use it or lose it even if they don't offer kids sale free. No reason to run a sale when you have so many who need to cash in the FCC's. 

They are currently running the 30% off each guest which is basically the same as 60% off the first guest.  One or the other of these sales has been running continuously for the past 3-4 years. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

They are currently running the 30% off each guest which is basically the same as 60% off the first guest.  One or the other of these sales has been running continuously for the past 3-4 years. 

If it runs continuously it isn't a sale. Since the cabin prices fluctuate as the ship fills up or doesn't fill up  it doesn't matter one way or the other what they call it. I expect to see higher prices on the basic 7 day family cruises. If they continue with the medical clearance and if the stock market doesn't rebound I would expect deep discounts on those itineraries that are filled by seniors.  I remember when the market crashed in 2008. The following year I could have booked a 14 day reposition cruise from Florida for peanuts. Of course I'm still part of the work force so I still couldn't cash in on those.

8 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

You can, every year, though it depends on your definition of peanuts.

To be honest I haven't been following Royal Caribbean pricing on those. I only seem to get brochures and emails from Celebrity and Princess.  I get nothing from Royal ever. 

Edited by Iamcruzin

1 hour ago, MoniMommy said:

It's your money.  You can certainly do anything you want with it.

Just now, Iamcruzin said:

To be honest I haven't been following Royal Caribbean pricing on those. I only seem to get brochures and emails from Celebrity and Princess.  I get noting from Royal ever. 

$50pppd (my definition of peanuts) TAs can be had just about any year. Even before this virus issue, the Anthem TA had ZI GTY cabins for less than $600pp (12 day sailing).

12 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

If it runs continuously it isn't a sale. Since the cabin prices fluctuate as the ship fills up or doesn't fill up  it doesn't matter one way or the other what they call it. I expect to see higher prices on the basic 7 day family cruises. If they continue with the medical clearance and if the stock market doesn't rebound I would expect deep discounts on those itineraries that are filled by seniors.  I remember when the market crashed in 2008. The following year I could have booked a 14 day reposition cruise from Florida for peanuts. Of course I'm still part of the work force so I still couldn't cash in on those.

My response was really to the last part of your post where you said “no reason to run a sale with so many who need to cash in FCC’s”

My point was was that they are running the same sale...or pricing strategy that they always have been and have not stopped doing this to raise prices dramatically as you implied by your response to the poster who said they stopped with the sale by running the Friends and Family sale which was the same 30% off every guest and made no difference overall to pricing in general. 

• Like 2