for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

Hi girls, got home last night after a LONG FREAKING DAY at the hospital. Seems all the surgeries were delayed.  I was supposed to go in at 10:45am for a 12:45 procedure. I got there about 10:30 and they took me right in........thinking it would be going smoothly. But by the time I was supposed to go? I was told they were running over an hour late.......I didn't get the procedure until nearly 2:15....2:30.  I didn't get home till almost 7. 

I guess the only good time to go for anything is to be the first patient early in the morning.......with nobody else in front of you.

I feel ok.......just chilling out. They did get the stones out and put 2 new stents in.........will have them removed sometime this month.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, WELDON said:

Lois,

Good to know you are back home and the procedure went well. Is your sister still with you?

Hi, she is staying with close friends for the next few days.

Les is home from his gallbladder surgery & napping comfortably in his recliner. These Natuzzi leather power recliners have paid for themselves many times over!!!  4 tiny incisions with superglue no stitches 

His eye is an ongoing issue. The detachment is healing; however, he’ll need more surgery (in both eyes to repair tears & scar tissue) after we return from Hawaii in June

I’m going to have a nap!  Les was first surgery. At hospital at 0500 with surgery at 0700. Home at 1130 Melody

• Like 3

Good morning girls, anyone heard of the Probiotic called Florajen? It is supposed to help make you regular.  Seems that  hospital stay and then the out patient procedure have got me out of whack a bit. I don't have any pain (thankfully). But I think the anesthesia must have affected me.

Hopefully this pill will help. The pharmacist was pretty knowledgeable and said to keep the bottle refrigerated and take 1 pill per day. 

Hope it works! 

I'm finally starting to feel human again.  This flu really kicked my butt.  I didn't wake up in the middle of the night with a long coughing spasm last night so that's a big improvement.  I'm going back to work tomorrow.  There's nothing to do, only a couple of owners around, so I can just hang and be lazy.

Lois & Melody - good to hear all the surgeries went well.  If I had a Natuzzi recliner, I'd be hanging in it all day long like Les!  

OOTD:  my pink joggers (only seen indoors at home!) and my Zion Nat'l Park Tshirt.  

• Like 1

Hi Kat, glad you are feeling better. I am too. Spoke with the Drs office and the stents they put in this time will be removed on Wednesday.  

I am in a grey waffle knit top with a pair of black/grey/off white camo colored joggers. Its been cooler than normal here lately (not complaining).......it rained all morning but now the sun is out and I think it is in the mid 60s

Ya'll see OJ died today........talk about a fall from grace. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Lois R said:

Good morning girls, anyone heard of the Probiotic called Florajen? It is supposed to help make you regular.  Seems that  hospital stay and then the out patient procedure have got me out of whack a bit. I don't have any pain (thankfully). But I think the anesthesia must have affected me.

Hopefully this pill will help. The pharmacist was pretty knowledgeable and said to keep the bottle refrigerated and take 1 pill per day. 

Hope it works! 

I took that in the hospital when I had my last histal hernia surgery. Benefiber works better & less expensive 

Edited by awhfy
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, awhfy said:

I took that in the hospital when I had my last histal hernia surgery. Benefiber works better & less expensive 

Hi, Oh..., I went to the pharmacy this morning and already bought it. Thanks for the heads up though.

• Like 1

I went to work today.  Soooo boring.  Boss said I could leave early if I wanted.  I took advantage and left after 5 hours.  My big boss was there today doing some meetings.  I took advantage of her presence and asked if I could just do 4 hrs/day next week if we were indeed working the extra week.  So, I'm just going to do 3pm-7pm my 5 days next week.   

It was freakin' warm today: up to 69 degrees on the way home!  More of the same over the next few days.  

OOTD:  jeans and the Sweaty Betty hoodie that I got when I got my birthday trail runners at 50% off last week.  

• Like 1

Les is starting to feel so much better. I get my shoulder done next week.

So what do I do?  Yup, booked another b2b (for 2026). Got a screaming good deal on Celebrity Constellation (being renovated right now) for a Mardi Gras cruise & a followon Western Carib out of Tampa. The b2b in concierge is less than my 10 night Eastern Carib in sunset veranda on Eclipse. It’ll be my 75th bday cruise. Melody

• Like 2

2 hours ago, awhfy said:

Les is starting to feel so much better. I get my shoulder done next week.

So what do I do?  Yup, booked another b2b (for 2026). Got a screaming good deal on Celebrity Constellation (being renovated right now) for a Mardi Gras cruise & a followon Western Carib out of Tampa. The b2b in concierge is less than my 10 night Eastern Carib in sunset veranda on Eclipse. It’ll be my 75th bday cruise. Melody

Hi Melody, glad Les is feeling better and those cruises sound like a lot of fun! Great way to celebrate your birthday😀

• Like 1

Yay that Les is feeling better!   I have to see what my 2025 vacation plans end up to be before I can think about 2026.  That B2B does sound fun.  Mardi Gras and then a lot of relaxation would be right up my alley!

BORING at work.  Boss boy stayed until 1:30 and then left (he’s “going to watch emails” from home).  I’m going to leave at 5 today and then come in around 3 tomorrow.  Depending how sunny it is tomorrow, I may come early and just sit in the sun on the Lodge patio.  It was a warm today.  BUT, we have snow coming Monday.  My last guest of the season came early but everything was ready so I let them check in at 1pm instead of waiting until 4pm.   I got some end-of-the-season thank you gratuity from some owners yesterday - add it to the vacation fund.  

Using my iPad at work today.  I haven’t used it in a few months.  Have to get used to it again.  It is nice having the keyboard for it, even though it makes it a little on the heavy side.   I might watch a little TV on it for my last few hours.

OOTD:  blue jeans, my black flowered hoodie and white leather high tops.  

• Like 1

I went into work an hour early so I could sit on the Lodge patio in the very comfy chairs and get some sunshine.  It was soooo nice and warm - hard to believe it was only 52 degrees.  It’s supposed to snow tomorrow.  Oh well.

Melody - can Les get cryopexy for his eye?  

I have 1 guest (a family of 3) and 2 owners at the Lodge today.  So very very quiet.  I’ve got some music playing, using my iPad and eating Twizzlers.   It was the last day for the chairlift to run outside the Lodge.  Kind of sad to watch the lefties put everything away for the last time this year.  

OOTD:  my jeans and my red/black plaid Smokey Bear flannel shirt.  Just felt like wearing it today since I can’t wear it here at work 99% of the time.

• Like 1

Kat, he did not have cyropexy on the eye. The macular was completely detached. It was discussed but not done. He had a bubble (for 4 weeks, that has dissolved). Interesting fact. With the bubble (& accompanying bright green warning bracelet) he could not change altitude. Challenging when living at altitude. We couldn’t even go to our daughters’ houses as they live 500 & 1000 feet higher than we do. He has been released from that & is allowed to fly again too 

• Like 2

Hi Melody, lovely, just lovely........I see you in her.......🙂 every photo of the family is so photogenic!

• Like 1

Hi everyone -- sorry I haven't posted in a while. Not much new for me. I've just been vegging at home, watching the condo project proceed and doing lots of reading. All of a sudden I realized it's time to get ready for my Bordeaux and river cruise trip. (I leave in 8 days!). I've started watching the weather so I can decide what to pack. Hoping for nice weather and not the horrible early heat wave they had last year.

Today I'm going to a retirement lunch for one of my team who had decided to take the plunge like me. It will be fun to see her and I'm hoping a number of other former colleagues. 

Melody, the prom pics are cute. You guys are such a photogenic family. You could be in a commercial. For Chicos!  😄

Lois, hope your health is improving!

• Like 1

Bordeaux - I really liked that town!   Is this a late booking?  I can't remember you mentioning this cruise.  Eat a canale for me!!!

It's raining right now.  Ugh.  My worst memories of working at the ski area was the days at this time of year when it was raining.  Our parkas were not waterproof, so we'd put on garbage bags under them...  

OOTD:  camel color tunic sweater and a pair of leggings.  I want a little something to just snuggle in tonight while I'm bored at work.

• Like 1

Well, Les got up this morning & the retina detached again. He’s having another emergency detached retina surgery tomorrow. (On his actual bday!). He’ll have an oil bubble this time that will be in for about 3-4 months. My shoulder replacement is Weds.  it’s been a brutal Monday!!  Melody 

• Like 1

Awhh Melody , things are tough for you and Les at the moment, sending my thoughts .

Enjoy your cruise Cynthia , looking to Azamara in May, I also hope its not as hot this year .

Hope you're feeling better Lois

• Like 1

13 hours ago, slidergirl said:

Bordeaux - I really liked that town!   Is this a late booking?  I can't remember you mentioning this cruise.  Eat a canale for me!!!

This is the one I originally booked in the early days post-Covid. Back then they allowed you to cancel and rebook at a later date if you were concerned about Covid, and it's been on the books a long time....

I think I asked you about your hotel in Bordeaux, but I ended up booking one that's a bit closer to the area I want to be in. I'm taking 2 daytrips from Bordeaux but will also have about 2.5 days to explore the city.

• Like 3