for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

32 minutes ago, WELDON said:

Hi Lois, I looked at the ES website and noticed they are part of Hilton. I called and booked a room and cancelled BW.  The best part is I used Hilton points.  I always get a refundable  rate. When I searched for hotels close to Newark Airport with port shuttle, ES did not show up. 

Hi Janet, I saw the information on their website and then I called the hotel directly and they told me it is 22.00 per person. The price was not showing on line but the shuttle was listed.

My problem is no cheap flights to a cheap cruise.  😿   I'm not paying $1500+ for a booze cruise in an inside room!!!   $1200 for a 4 day, 0 stops, cruise on Princess from Los Angeles up to Vancouver in a balcony.  Been on Princess that same trip, but with a stop in Astoria, same time of year and it was cloudy and dreary.  Didn't like Princess, anyway.  Nope.   I'll keep saving up, I guess.

Yes, I'm doing this at work.  No one else here but some guests.  Bored out of my brain.   More of the same coming tomorrow.  But at least that's my Friday!

OOTD:  Jeans and one of my big tiedye sweaters.  I usually wear leggings with it but I felt like jeans and didn't feel like any other top.  Yes, it's getting to the time of year where I just don't care what I wear to work...

• Like 1

For those of you that shop Chicos. This dress (with pockets) is on final sale. It’s $9.98. Kat don’t buy larger than a 1, maybe even a zero. This is a great travel dress, no wrinkles & pockets. I bought this in the pink awhile back & it’s very comfy (& roomy). For this price I bought the navy. I plan on wearing it with a denim jacket for our June flight.

Don’t wait too long, it’ll sell out today. Melody

IMG_7825.png

We booked a Feb 25 cruise on Celebrity Eclipse (cause I want to do the glass blowing), nice 10-night in an aft suite. Instead of a b2b we’ll fly into Ft Myers, rent a car, visit friends & family a couple of days & mosey across Alligator Alley, spend one night in FLL & fly home out of FLL after the cruise. 

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, awhfy said:

We booked a Feb 25 cruise on Celebrity Eclipse (cause I want to do the glass blowing), nice 10-night in an aft suite. Instead of a b2b we’ll fly into Ft Myers, rent a car, visit friends & family a couple of days & mosey across Alligator Alley, spend one night in FLL & fly home out of FLL after the cruise. 

Sounds like a plan to me🙂

• Like 1

4 hours ago, awhfy said:

For those of you that shop Chicos. This dress (with pockets) is on final sale. It’s $9.98. Kat don’t buy larger than a 1, maybe even a zero. This is a great travel dress, no wrinkles & pockets. I bought this in the pink awhile back & it’s very comfy (& roomy). For this price I bought the navy. I plan on wearing it with a denim jacket for our June flight.

Don’t wait too long, it’ll sell out today. Melody

IMG_7825.png

Wow, Melody! Thanks for the heads up. I snagged one in my size. (As of right now looks like they still have all sizes.) Cost me all of $10.49 with my free shipping and 5% discount, lol.

These types of dresses are hit or miss for me, but if nothing else it might make a nice cover-up for my new navy print swimsuit!

• Like 1

Speaking of Chico's......I got something in the snail mail the other day.....25.00 off anything I purchase as a birthday gift. My birthday is March 18th. I am thinking I need to head over there and see what I can find😀

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

Wow, Melody! Thanks for the heads up. I snagged one in my size. (As of right now looks like they still have all sizes.) Cost me all of $10.49 with my free shipping and 5% discount, lol.

These types of dresses are hit or miss for me, but if nothing else it might make a nice cover-up for my new navy print swimsuit!

Exactly my feeling!

36 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Speaking of Chico's......I got something in the snail mail the other day.....25.00 off anything I purchase as a birthday gift. My birthday is March 18th. I am thinking I need to head over there and see what I can find😀

Always nice!  Nice sale going on today (online) too

Well, for the first time in many years(that is a lot lol) I am taking a land trip AND it is with 5 other gals! Let's hope I don't regret my decision. I am not used to traveling with others. I know 3 out of the 5 so that is good. This is a really different trip for me. We are going to Jackson Hole, Wyoming and will doing all sorts of different day tours, including Yosemite. I have never been to any of places on this trip so it is all new. We are going to be away for a week. We are staying a really nice Mountain Lodge type of place and the one thing I am not doing is sharing a room. Yes it will be more $ but I sleep with the TV on lol and want my own space.

We are going at the end of June. Wish me luck lol.....

• Like 2

I got my national parks mixed up LOL.......We are going to Yellowstone, not Yosemite (that is in California) we are staying around Wyoming. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Well, for the first time in many years(that is a lot lol) I am taking a land trip AND it is with 5 other gals! Let's hope I don't regret my decision. I am not used to traveling with others. I know 3 out of the 5 so that is good. This is a really different trip for me. We are going to Jackson Hole, Wyoming and will doing all sorts of different day tours, including Yosemite. I have never been to any of places on this trip so it is all new. We are going to be away for a week. We are staying a really nice Mountain Lodge type of place and the one thing I am not doing is sharing a room. Yes it will be more $ but I sleep with the TV on lol and want my own space.

We are going at the end of June. Wish me luck lol.....

Sometimes it's good to mix things up!

And if you have your own room, that's a big plus. I can put up with a lot of other small aggravations if I have my own space. 😉

• Like 1

I would want my own room, too. I have looked at national park tours but nothing caught me eye. You won't know if you like something unless you try it. 

• Like 1

Melody - nothing left in my size 😞 

Lois - you will enjoy this trip!  I love going up to Yellowstone and Grand Teton NPs.  Jackson is a fun cowboy town.   It's more touristy than is used to be, but so is my town.  It's what happens when you get popular.  There is so much to see in both NPs.   I may try to get up there camping for a few days this Summer.  

OOTD:  a day off!  So, it's joggers and a long-sleeve Tshirt for home.  

• Like 1

Well I met with my ortho today. He looked at the mri & report & turned around to look at me & said, you really messed your shoulder up, didn’t you. I said, so a cortisone shot & Im good? He looked over at Les & said she’s kidding, right? Les said ,no she’s serious. Doc said, that won’t work a bit, I’m recommending a reverse total shoulder replacement; a rotator cuff repair will not hold, there’s too much damage.  So right now I’m scheduled for 8 April, he wanted to do it next week but Les is having gall bladder surgery on Monday (with at least a 2 week recovery) & one of us needs to be able to drive!  If he gets released to drive we’ll try to push it up a bit (of course doc is on vacation last week of March). I should be good to go for Hawaii in June, but no paddleboard for me. Sigh. Melody

10 minutes ago, awhfy said:

Well I met with my ortho today. He looked at the mri & report & turned around to look at me & said, you really messed your shoulder up, didn’t you. I said, so a cortisone shot & Im good? He looked over at Les & said she’s kidding, right? Les said ,no she’s serious. Doc said, that won’t work a bit, I’m recommending a reverse total shoulder replacement; a rotator cuff repair will not hold, there’s too much damage.  So right now I’m scheduled for 8 April, he wanted to do it next week but Les is having gall bladder surgery on Monday (with at least a 2 week recovery) & one of us needs to be able to drive!  If he gets released to drive we’ll try to push it up a bit (of course doc is on vacation last week of March). I should be good to go for Hawaii in June, but no paddleboard for me. Sigh. Melody

Melody. OMG....you need a new shoulder? WOW........I had no idea it was that damaged! 

Wishing you all the best.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, awhfy said:

Oh No!!! 🙀   That's what I thought I was going to end up getting,  I'm really sorry 'bout the shoulder.   You have the recliner ready to go, right?  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, slidergirl said:

Oh No!!! 🙀   That's what I thought I was going to end up getting,  I'm really sorry 'bout the shoulder.   You have the recliner ready to go, right?  

I recliner sofa, 1 recliner loveseat & 4 power recliners. I have choices!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, awhfy said:

That's quite a jump from rotator cuff to total shoulder!  Sending good healing vibes.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Melody. OMG....you need a new shoulder? WOW........I had no idea it was that damaged! 

I really thought I’d get a cortisone shot & be good to go 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, PurpleHays said:

That's quite a jump from rotator cuff to total shoulder!  Sending good healing vibes.

Full thickness massive tear including another full thickness tear across original surgery that was in 2011.  I’m over 70. The doc said another rotator cuff (with shredded bicep tendon) repair he’d give maybe a 10-20% success rate he’s giving a 75-80% on reverse shoulder 

Edited by awhfy

18 minutes ago, WELDON said:

Melody, Sorry to hear about this. I'm sure you weren't expecting this news. You never know with a fall. Hoping your recovery will go well.  

Thanks Janet 

3 hours ago, Lois R said:

Definitely not the news I  was hoping for 

18 minutes ago, awhfy said:

Full thickness massive tear including another full thickness tear across original surgery that was in 2011.  I’m over 70. The doc said another rotator cuff (with shredded bicep tendon) repair he’d give maybe a 10-20% success rate he’s giving a 75-80% on reverse shoulder 

I'd go with those odds too. (we did two total shoulders at work today along with umpteen rotator cuffs. Gotta love sports med day)

• Like 1