for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

41 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

Oooh, do tell! Love hearing what others are doing, especially in the Med. 😊

Nothing fancy. We're doing D-D beaches in Cherbourg. DH is doing the beer museum/tasting and I'm doing the tapas walking tour in A Caruna. Walking around in Bilbao. Bus into Bordeaux with free time. So, two full ship's excursions, one transport with free time, and one on-our-own.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PurpleHays said:

Nothing fancy. We're doing D-D beaches in Cherbourg. DH is doing the beer museum/tasting and I'm doing the tapas walking tour in A Caruna. Walking around in Bilbao. Bus into Bordeaux with free time. So, two full ship's excursions, one transport with free time, and one on-our-own.

Sounds great. I like those itineraries that go up the Atlantic side of Spain & Portugal to France. Bilbao has lovely architecture. If you pass by the Roman lighthouse in A Caruña say hello from me. 😁

• Like 2

9 hours ago, PurpleHays said:

Oh, that Tapas walking tour sounds really good for sure!😀

• Like 2

Melody - I was hoping for the best with your shoulder - a bone bruise at worst.  Sorry it ends up with the rotator cuff 😿 My good luck to you and Les!!

Purple - I loved Bordeaux.  The museum "Cite du Vin" was interesting to me with the exhibits on all things wine, from the ground to the product and all the history.  The walk along the riverfront is also very relaxing.  

Bored to tears yesterday and today at work.  My co-worker left as soon as I arrived yesterday so she could get her broken car to the shop.  That was 11am.  From then until I left a 7pm there was NOTHING but refiling the coffee machine!  Today, we were both here so it was double the boredom.  No departures, no arrivals.  Just watching the wind whip the snow outside my front desk window.  We were supposed to get a good 6"+ of snow today - it's maybe 2 or 3".  After 4pm, I'm the only one here.  I'm playing musing on my little speaker with my iPhone.  I may have to start playing online game for the next 2.5 hours!!!  At least today is my "Friday" so it's OK.

OOTD:  Jeans (my co-worker asked if I'm still losing weight - they do look a tad loose), my white hoodie with the pink bear logo on it from the Fortress of the Bear in Sitka.  Normally we aren't allowed to wear clothing with logos on them from other than the Lodge or Deer Valley.  But, today, I didn't care 😸

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Lois R said:

Oh, that Tapas walking tour sounds really good for sure!😀

I wish I could've talked DH into doing it too, but he thinks it will be too much after his surgery. That's OK, I'll tell him *all* about it when I get back. 🤤

19 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

Sounds great. I like those itineraries that go up the Atlantic side of Spain & Portugal to France. Bilbao has lovely architecture. If you pass by the Roman lighthouse in A Caruña say hello from me. 😁

This is our first time. I am looking forward to all new ports.

1 hour ago, slidergirl said:

Purple - I loved Bordeaux.  The museum "Cite du Vin" was interesting to me with the exhibits on all things wine, from the ground to the product and all the history.  The walk along the riverfront is also very relaxing.  

We'll be walking, just not sure where. I don't know where the drop off is and we don't want to go crazy with a three hour limit and neither one of of speaks word of French. I do have a small phrase book, so hopefully we won't get in too much trouble. Although I am looking forward to a croissant and wine.

11 hours ago, awhfy said:

Purple wasn’t a planned trip I’ll tell you!  Your trip sounds fabulous!  Coming up quickly 

Second one in a row we've booked at/after final payment date. They come up real fast as opposed to Norway that we booked 854 days out. I don't think that one is ever getting here-it's currently *still* 578 days out.

If you come see my ortho group, I can help fix you right up in our OR. 😷

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PurpleHays said:

I wish I could've talked DH into doing it too, but he thinks it will be too much after his surgery. That's OK, I'll tell him *all* about it when I get back. 🤤

This is our first time. I am looking forward to all new ports.

We'll be walking, just not sure where. I don't know where the drop off is and we don't want to go crazy with a three hour limit and neither one of of speaks word of French. I do have a small phrase book, so hopefully we won't get in too much trouble. Although I am looking forward to a croissant and wine.

Second one in a row we've booked at/after final payment date. They come up real fast as opposed to Norway that we booked 854 days out. I don't think that one is ever getting here-it's currently *still* 578 days out.

If you come see my ortho group, I can help fix you right up in our 

Purple - I don't speak a lick of French other than "hello" and "thank you".  I didn't have any problem in Bordeaux.  And, besides that wine & croissant, be sure to get a canale!!!  A wonderful dessert.   I also had mussels and oysters for 2 meals there - sucker for them.  

Heading off to my dental appointment down the mountain.  Then, since I'm down there, a trip to Trader Joe's.  I haven't been there in awhile.  

OOTD:  jeans and my white flowered hoodie.  

• Like 2

I didn't hold my tongue but I did hold my hand from hauling off and slapping my boss.  I was writing a email to my old boss, now the big GM, about something that happened to an owner.  I was just stating my opinion on the thing.  Not a big deal, I write to her all the time.  Well, I guess he was looking over my shoulder when I did it.  He said to not email her anymore because it undercuts him.  BUT, then he went too far.  He said "I know it is hard to work for a younger manager."  I went off.  I said "don't ever pull that age card on me." He didn't say anything back but he left the building for about an hour.    One thing that really gets me mad is when a boss pulls the age card.  It's not the first time.  But it's the first time I gave it back.  It kind of sealed the deal, though, that I won't come back and work for him.   Apparently he missed management class the day they did the DEI training that included ageism...  

The Trader Joe's run ended up a minor one.  Some crackers, some cheese, some salad, some soup.  The one new thing was the Black Cherry Vanilla sparkling water in cans.  Tastes really good, almost like Dr. Pepper.  

OOTD:  jeans, my Athleta blue-ish green hoodie.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, slidergirl said:

Apparently he missed management class the day they did the DEI training that included ageism...  

That's just what I was thinking as I read through the first part of your post. 😡

Well...bless his heart. As we say say in the South.

• Like 2

Kat, I know I don’t have to tell you, but document every word of that conversation. He should not be a manager

• Like 3

I am documenting.   Trust me.  I've had managers terminated before, and I've also had it blow up in my face before.  Unfortunate part of the "game."

Man, the wind is howling today!  Trees that I haven't seen move before are swaying.  It's supposed to start snowing sometime around 11am.   Possibly 6" in the first few hours.  Nothing like the Sierras in California, but it'll really mess up travel going home.   I think my Saturday S'mores are not going to happen with the wind and snow.  But, I'll put out the beer and wine & charcuterie tonight.   

OOTD:  my Woolx pants (not the leggings), a hoodie.  The kind of day you want to cozy up!

• Like 2

Hi girls, Well, I booked a cruise today with Celebrity. It actually turned out to be a really good price and, yes that is for a solo. They had a Sky Suite and it was less than I ever expected. Going to Bermuda at the end of May on Eclipse. 

It is one of the AFT balconies.....they are oversized! 

Kat, so sorry that the kid is giving you such a hard time😮‍💨

• Like 4

Great you booked a cruise Lois.

That boss sounds very annoying Kat.

I have just finished a retreat in Australia.

Its been a great experience,my body is in shock with all the exercise, gluten and dairy free and no alcohol .

Highly recommend it .

• Like 1

Hi Lois,

I was just on the Celebrity board and saw you booked a Bermuda cruise. I am also going to Bermuda/MV on 5/11 on Eclipse. This is a birthday cruise.  I was originally booked on Epic to Alaska 5/31 but due to my recent health issue, I did not want long flights and to be so far away from home. I also want to make sure that things are holding steady.

I have a problem with new BP meds. I called my MD Friday and he told me to take half a pill instead of whole one. Yesterday I had to call him because my readings are too low and my ankles were swollen (a side effect of the meds). He took me off the BP medication.

I booked Alaska for next May, refundable just in case.

• Like 1

Hi Janet, I was looking at your sailing because I know yall go to Martha's Vineyard. By the time I went to book everything was sold out.

I hope you are feeling better soon. It can be such a pain when the meds have those side effects.

• Like 1

Janet, hope you’re feeling better by the time this is posted. I stopped receiving posts on Thursday. 

yay Lois, glad you booked a cruise. If you’re in a suite the suite host should be able to get you on a Vineyard tour. Enjoy Luminae restaurant (suite restaurant). I envy you that immense balcony. 

hopefully I’ll receive my mri results early this week, no improvement there. Les has his gallbladder surgery next Monday afternoon. Melody

21 minutes ago, awhfy said:

Janet, hope you’re feeling better by the time this is posted. I stopped receiving posts on Thursday. 

yay Lois, glad you booked a cruise. If you’re in a suite the suite host should be able to get you on a Vineyard tour. Enjoy Luminae restaurant (suite restaurant). I envy you that immense balcony. 

hopefully I’ll receive my mri results early this week, no improvement there. Les has his gallbladder surgery next Monday afternoon. Melody

Good morning.....Melody, a Vineyard Tour? Where and what is this all about?

I feel fine. I monitor my BP and record the numbers per MD's instructions. I just need to get the right balance of meds/no meds to keep the numbers steady. Going off the BP meds seems to have helped.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Good morning.....Melody, a Vineyard Tour? Where and what is this all about?

Martha’s Vineyard (going off your response to Janet on the Bermuda cruise)

5 minutes ago, awhfy said:

Martha’s Vineyard (going off your response to Janet on the Bermuda cruise)

Ohhh,I am not on that cruise.....mine is just the regular Bermuda cruise. I was looking at that one but didn't book because it was sold out.

• Like 1

Hi Lois,

I was just looking at the East Coast departures board and saw you were looking for info on hotels and car service to the port. I am staying at the Best Western Newark Airport because they offer shuttle service to the port. It is $30 and you tell them when you check in. I have stayed there before and had no problem. There were also other cruisers in the shuttle, too.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, WELDON said:

Hi Lois,

I was just looking at the East Coast departures board and saw you were looking for info on hotels and car service to the port. I am staying at the Best Western Newark Airport because they offer shuttle service to the port. It is $30 and you tell them when you check in. I have stayed there before and had no problem. There were also other cruisers in the shuttle, too.

Hi Janet, thanks for the information. I will check their room prices. I already booked a room at Embassy Suites and they offer a shuttle to the ship too Their price is 22.00. Need to see how much less BW is (room wise). If I get a better deal with them, I will cancel my ES reservation and book with BW, 

• Like 1

Hi Janet, I checked the BW and I am just going to stay where I am. I prefer to always book something that is refundable and those rates are basically the same. They also offer rates that are less but they are non refundable.  But thank you for the suggestion😀

• Like 1

Hi Lois, I looked at the ES website and noticed they are part of Hilton. I called and booked a room and cancelled BW.  The best part is I used Hilton points.  I always get a refundable  rate. When I searched for hotels close to Newark Airport with port shuttle, ES did not show up. 

• Like 1