The Post Your Favorite Celebrity Cruise Photos Thread

WonderMan3

Jun 18 2007 Millennium sailing, 12 Night Venice to Barcelona

The magnificent city of Florence (Firenze), taken on Jun 27 2007. 

In planning the trip, I wanted to see the world famous Uffizi during our visit to Florence.  My wife warned that our then 14 yr old daughter (who loves to draw even to this day) and 11 yr old son would be bored.  So as a test, several months prior to our cruise, I took our family to downtown Chicago to visit its marquee art museum, the Art Institute of Chicago.  The kids were bored out of their mind.  So, we didn't visit the Uffizi, but instead we did a quick trip to the Accademia Gallery to see the Michelangelo's David.  

Florence.JPG

Edited by mahdnc
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, mahdnc said:

Jan 4 2019 Reflection sailing, 14 Night Exotic Southern Caribbean

Taken during a Bonaire dive on Jan 15.  I like the little guy poking his head out from behind a coral in the lower left hand corner of the photo.

Fish.jpg

Your underwater pictures are very good.  What camera do you use for underwater?

1 hour ago, NMTraveller said:

Your underwater pictures are very good.  What camera do you use for underwater?

Clown Fish.JPG

Thank you.  Here is a photo of the camera that I use.  It is a Canon S100 digital pocket camera in an underwater case.  The key to getting good photos with this camera is making sure you have a lot of light and getting up close to the subject.  This means I need a shallow reef on a sunny day.  Shallow depths also allow for better color.  Good diving skills that allow you to get into the right position underwater and to steadily hold that position while pressing the shutter button is essential and that is not always easy for me.

Underwater camera.jpg

My wife likes to bring a GoPro on our dives as well.  Here is another photo of my son using it during a dive.

Chris with a GoPro.JPG

Edited by mahdnc
  • Like 3

All the recent photos are outstanding.

They are bringing back memories of places we have enjoyed over many yrs of cruising,  and making us sad that there are other places we  probably won't get to see. 

Much appreciation goes out to the participants on this thread!

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Chrisclaire said:

For me, it doesn't matter how great a day we have had visiting new places, I am ALWAYS happy to see our ship waiting for us 😊

This was in March 2019, Hong Kong to Shanghai.

I agree.  There is nothing like the seeing your ship for the first time on embarkation day.  To me, it's a little like magic that the ship is actually there and that it is not a dream!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, hcat said:

All the recent photos are outstanding.

They are bringing back memories of places we have enjoyed over many yrs of cruising,  and making us sad that there are other places we  probably won't get to see. 

Much appreciation goes out to the participants on this thread!

I agree!

Thank you everyone!

I look forward to seeing what's been posted each day.

Beats all the speculation going around at the moment

We are fairly new to cruising and have only been on 4 so far with another booked for October this year.

We love cruising and look forward to being able to sail again 

Whenever that may be 😕

• Thanks 1

Culinary delights at Le Grand Bistro on the Edge from December 2018. (French Onion Soup, Lobster Bisque and Cheese & Charcuterie) This was one of my favorite dining experiences on any Celebrity ship. I really wish they had added this to the M and S class ships during the revolution updates. It's a must try if you travel on Edge class!

BNVH3262.JPG

FNIYE1382.JPG

FSZP0194.JPG

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, WonderMan3 said:

Culinary delights at Le Grand Bistro on the Edge from December 2018. (French Onion Soup, Lobster Bisque and Cheese & Charcuterie) This was one of my favorite dining experiences on any Celebrity ship. I really wish they had added this to the M and S class ships during the revolution updates. It's a must try if you travel on Edge class!

BNVH3262.JPG

FNIYE1382.JPG

FSZP0194.JPG

Celebrity's French onion soup, the best.

The cheese board looks lovely!

There are some amazing photographs here. Thanks to everyone for sharing.

My photos are from June 2019 on board the Edge, sailing from Rome to Barcelona. It was the perfect cruise as I had always dreamed of seeing Monte Carlo. These are both in Monaco.

CE1115EC-6D07-40D4-9A14-5FED5B8C78DD.jpeg

F09BF063-64B4-476C-B12F-47938A8FC0AF.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Both Athens (Piraeus) and Nafplio are great destinations however if you have been there and done them Ancient Corinth and the canal is a good excursion from either of those ports. We did this from the Silhouette while it was in Piraeus in 2014.

TZ6_P1070427ms.jpg

TZ6_P1070471s.jpg

TZ6_P1070504ms.jpg

Edited by JBare
  • Like 7
  • Haha 1