NCL To Resume Cruises April 12?

pmcx68

Cruise lines will be lucky if they get back to cruising in July, probably more like August or September. I'm willing to bet they will have a LOT more health restrictions in place. I wouldn't be surprised if they will be taking the temps of everyone coming aboard and asking for a doctors note. Their is no way in hell any cruise line is going to take a chance someone is sick or not. Gone are the days of buffets, they will still be there but everything will be under glass and you will point and ask for something. God help the person who coughs or sneezes by one LOL

Don't forget people this is just the First wave, at this time their is No cure, No Vaccine. Maybe in 12-18 months we will have one. 

Edited by Laszlo

From NCL website:  

Updated: March 30, 2020 - Suspended cruises into May 2020

The safety, security and well-being of our guests, crew and communities we visit is our number one priority. We continue to closely monitor the COVID-19 coronavirus situation and the global health environment. With COVID-19 continuing to impact communities and ports around the globe, we have extended our voluntary temporary suspension of voyages. Our suspension that was for voyages embarking March 13 to April 11 has been extended to now include all voyages embarking through May 10, 2020. We plan to recommence operations beginning May 11, 2020.

We are committed to taking all appropriate steps and actions to combat the spread of COVID-19 and are working closely and in partnership with local, state, federal and global agencies. While this may result in additional future changes, please know our teams are working around the clock to do what is right by our guests and travel partners. We continue to monitor this situation closely and will provide additional updates as they are available.

11 minutes ago, All-ready2cruise said:

From NCL website:  

Updated: March 30, 2020 - Suspended cruises into May 2020

The safety, security and well-being of our guests, crew and communities we visit is our number one priority. We continue to closely monitor the COVID-19 coronavirus situation and the global health environment. With COVID-19 continuing to impact communities and ports around the globe, we have extended our voluntary temporary suspension of voyages. Our suspension that was for voyages embarking March 13 to April 11 has been extended to now include all voyages embarking through May 10, 2020. We plan to recommence operations beginning May 11, 2020.

We are committed to taking all appropriate steps and actions to combat the spread of COVID-19 and are working closely and in partnership with local, state, federal and global agencies. While this may result in additional future changes, please know our teams are working around the clock to do what is right by our guests and travel partners. We continue to monitor this situation closely and will provide additional updates as they are available.

Thats all well and good but take it with a grain of salt, its a moving target

I'm booked on the Joy to depart from Seattle on 5/23 to Alaska. I'm 97% sure this cruise is not going to happen. I wish NCL would just cancel so I can cancel the rest of our travel. I don't want a FCC as I don't think I'll be booking with NCL again.

They still have the Jewel open to book for May 11 Vancouver-Seward (and all the subsequent cruises between those 2 ports), and that's not likely to happen since the Port of Vancouver is closed until at least July 1.

1 minute ago, kwokpot said:

This year. Weren't most of the TA's this month? I have a July Greek Islands cruise on the Getaway.

Yep, that was the schedule....but in normal times TA's take place every year. You sure ain't gonna be sailing on a cruise ship July 2020....perhaps by July 2021 with a fair wind to Covid-19. 😉

Just now, hamrag said:

Yep, that was the schedule....but in normal times TA's take place every year. You sure ain't gonna be sailing on a cruise ship July 2020....perhaps by July 2021 with a fair wind to Covid-19. 😉

I realize that. I've been on more TA"s, both Eastbound and Westbound, than I can count(86 cruises under my belt). Also multiple transpacifics, the furthest being Vancouver to Sydney. The point of my post was to gauge what was in NCL's or any of the other cruise lines CURRENT thinking about this year's European itineraries. Our July cruise is a family cruise,4 cabins which my parents paid for, and considering my dad is 91 and mom is 82 we have no intentions of going on this cruise even if it does sail.

4 hours ago, Jobeth66 said:

They still have the Jewel open to book for May 11 Vancouver-Seward (and all the subsequent cruises between those 2 ports), and that's not likely to happen since the Port of Vancouver is closed until at least July 1.

Carnival has wisely and timely announced the cancellation of their Alaska season through June 30. They've also cancelled some sailings through end of 2020.

As the COVID-19 situation continues to evolve, we regret to inform our guests that Carnival Cruise Line is having to cancel the following sailings:

• All ships sailings through and including May 11, 2020
  • All Alaska sailings through and including June 30, 2020
  • All San Francisco sailings through 2020
  • All Carnival Radiance sailings through and including November 1, 2020
  • All Carnival Legend sailings through and including October 30, 2020