I'm soooo Confused

We've never sailed RC but have a cruise booked in October.   I know they will lower the price if it drops and you call in.  I've actually seen the price drop twice, called and rate was changed.  

I noticed a price drop this morning, called and the guy said he couldn't do it.  Something about availability, we could upgrade, blah blah, husband and I didn't really understand what he was talking about and dropped it.  We didn't want to change cabins.   I checked online and there was one available in our category and the price was lower than what we currently have.  

Am I missing something w/RC's policy?  Thanks in advance for any info y'all can provide.  

25 minutes ago, IcanSeaclearlynow said:

We've never sailed RC but have a cruise booked in October.   I know they will lower the price if it drops and you call in.  I've actually seen the price drop twice, called and rate was changed.  

I noticed a price drop this morning, called and the guy said he couldn't do it.  Something about availability, we could upgrade, blah blah, husband and I didn't really understand what he was talking about and dropped it.  We didn't want to change cabins.   I checked online and there was one available in our category and the price was lower than what we currently have.  

Am I missing something w/RC's policy?  Thanks in advance for any info y'all can provide.  

I would check again. I thought something was my category but was a quad and different. 

Make sure it's the exact same category. 

24 minutes ago, IcanSeaclearlynow said:

Whew, really thought being cooped up in the house had my brain not processing info correctly 😅

Called back, got a different guy, gave him exact info and got an extra $90 off. 👌🏻

How much have you saved so far?

On 4/3/2020 at 12:52 PM, IcanSeaclearlynow said:

Whew, really thought being cooped up in the house had my brain not processing info correctly 😅

Called back, got a different guy, gave him exact info and got an extra $90 off. 👌🏻

If you made the call right after doing a mock booking, you might have inadvertently taken that one cabin off the rep's inventory. I finally learned that you have to tell them what cabin you mock-booked, and then they can override and book it themselves.

Did you just call the second time without a mock booking? The hold on a selected cabin when you are booking is about 15 mins. This prevents you from losing it to other people booking right then.