What will RCC offer when I cancel in a couple of days?

Just now, SSBrickNJ said:

I'm reading and responding as fast as I can while I have everyone's attention.

More than once you Cruise Critic regulars have post "FCC" in your kind replies to me.

Does "FCC" mean Full Cruise Credit??

If not, what does "FCC" stand for?

Future cruise credit.  Must be used by Dec 31 2021 

Just now, SSBrickNJ said:

More than once you Cruise Critic regulars have post "FCC" in your kind replies to me.

FUTURE cruise credit.  So basically moving the deposit from the cruise you are cancelling to a cruise in the future.  

If I cancelled now and later rcl cancelled and I lost out on a full refund or 125% fcc I'd feel mad, as many many posters here have. ... people who cancelled, then later the cruise got cancelled. 

You may regret cancelling now. I'd take the gamble myself. But do what makes you feel best. 

Edited by firefly333
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, SSBrickNJ said:

More than once you Cruise Critic regulars have posted "FCC" in your kind replies to me.

Found it.....FUTURE Cruise Credit!

9 minutes ago, SSBrickNJ said:

I can get my $250 per person deposit back? I can call tonight or tomorrow and get it back???

the CDC announced end of business yesterday that cruise ships are banned from sailing till July 18th unless the State health dept or head of CDC announce the pandemic is over/expired (lot more words to what they said but that is the gist of it).     RCL has not yet made an official announcement that is why I suggest you wait till Monday, 4/13 before you do anything.    Since your sailing is scheduled to depart on July 13th you may receive Full cash refund if RCL cancels the cruise.    Let it ride till Monday afternoon is what I would do.     Sit tight for the weekend and enjoy the holiday weekend.    Stay Well!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Sunshine3601 said:

the CDC announced end of business yesterday that cruise ships are banned from sailing till July 18th unless the State health dept or head of CDC announce the pandemic is over/expired (lot more words to what they said but that is the gist of it).     RCL has not yet made an official announcement that is why I suggest you wait till Monday, 4/13 before you do anything.    Since your sailing is scheduled to depart on July 13th you may receive Full cash refund if RCL cancels the cruise.    Let it ride till Monday afternoon is what I would do.     Sit tight for the weekend and enjoy the holiday weekend.    Stay Well!

If you read through the CDC's entire statement, you'll see that the 100 days may be dialed back to earlier.  It doesn't say all cruising is banned until July 18th, nothing in writing like that at all.  That means cruises may be able to go sooner (I know, not likely) which means cruise lines will probably still cancel in shorter time spans rather that wipe out another two months of sailing in one swoop.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Even with the order I doubt Royal will cancel more than 30 days at a time and it’s very doubtful any get cancelled by the time the OP’s final payment is due. 

4 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

That was the most convincing post of them all. Unless someone can give me a compelling reason not to follow @Sunshine3601 's advice....that's what I will do. That being....I'll wait until Monday and see if RCC has announced anything relevant.

Edited by SSBrickNJ
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I'm still looking for that link that says rcl will do next round of cancellations next tuesday. The last round was later.

Also, most likely rcl will cancel late may thru mid june, 30 more days, which wouldnt help op.

I already posted that cdc says no cruises until at least July so op knew that. So he has a good chance to get cancelled, bearing in mind rcl is processed 30 days at a time, probably to keep cash flow.

4 minutes ago, SSBrickNJ said:

That was the most convincing post of them all. Unless someone can give me a compelling reason not to follow @Sunshine3601 's advice....that's what I will do. That being wait until Monday and see if RCC has announced anything relevant.

Go ahead and wait but I can pretty much guarantee that they are not going to cancel cruises that far out or cancel any over the long weekend.  It will most likely be a week before they extend cancellations another 30 days. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 2

Just now, Ourusualbeach said:

Go ahead and eat but I can pretty much guarantee that they are not going to cancel cruises that far out or cancel any over the long weekend.  It will most likely be a week before they extend cancellations another 30 days. 

This guy is a Travel Agent and makes the most sense to me.

I'd listen to him. !!

1 minute ago, firefly333 said:

I already posted that cdc says no cruises until at least July so op knew that. So he has a good chance to get cancelled, bearing in mind rcl is processed 30 days at a time, probably to keep cash flow.

There are ways in that document by the CDC for cruising to resume earlier.  Can’t see Royal cancelling more than 30 days at a time. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, rockmom said:

If you read through the CDC's entire statement, you'll see that the 100 days may be dialed back to earlier.  It doesn't say all cruising is banned until July 18th, nothing in writing like that at all.  That means cruises may be able to go sooner (I know, not likely) which means cruise lines will probably still cancel in shorter time spans rather that wipe out another two months of sailing in one swoop.  

O man! This is annoying! We booked soooo far in advance. It never entered our minds that Covid 19 would come on the scene. both of my parents are no longer living. Same with my wife. There was LOL .....no possible reason to believe we would cancel.

Well there is a saying: Man plans....god laughs.

I see that NOTHING in life is for certain.....except death and taxes.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SSBrickNJ said:

O man! This is annoying! We booked soooo far in advance. It never entered our minds that Covid 19 would come on the scene. both of my parents are no longer living. Same with my wife. There was LOL .....no possible reason to believe we would cancel.

Well there is a saying: Man plans....god laughs.

I see that NOTHING in life is for certain.....except death and taxes.

Yeah, I'm booked on a cruise out of San Juan in June that we booked in December of 2018, so a year and a half in advance.  Playing the waiting game on the cancellation since it's paid in full and if they cancel I'll either get 125% future cruise credit or a full refund.  Your situation is different but I have one out of Cape Liberty to Bermuda in October that I'm watching closely.  

Edited by rockmom

Just now, Ourusualbeach said:

There are ways in that document by the CDC for cruising to resume earlier.  Can’t see Royal cancelling more than 30 days at a time. 

True, but I'm a gambler, and would rather get a 

4 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I know.. it's possible. But he has until 48 hours, 3 days to be safe before his cruise to cancel with full fcc right?

And I've also been saying even if they did make announcement next tuesday which I doubt, wouldnt include ops cruise date. BUt you say it better. 

10 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Go ahead and wait but I can pretty much guarantee that they are not going to cancel cruises that far out or cancel any over the long weekend.  It will most likely be a week before they extend cancellations another 30 days. 

OK....you received a praise that you are a travel agent who is worthy of respect. I think that was nice of your fellow cruiser to point that out.

I've been reading and posting....reading and posting. I haven't had time to reflect and really digest all this.

If I was your client....what would you tell me to do?

Call RCC tomorrow?

If "YES"....specifically say WHAT?

I'm overwhelmed by the mixed bag of advice....grateful....but overwhelmed.

Edited by SSBrickNJ

Just now, firefly333 said:

True, but I'm a gambler, and would rather get a 

I know.. it's possible. But he has until 48 hours, 3 days to be safe before his cruise to cancel with full fcc right?

And I've also been saying even if they did make announcement next tuesday which I doubt, wouldnt include ops cruise date. BUt you say it better. 

But that would mean paying final payment.  That a pretty big step to take. 

1 minute ago, rockmom said:

SS Brick does not have to do anything this weekend is my point.     Princess cruise lines announced today they are suspending all cruises till July.    So SS Brick can wait and see if RCL makes any announcement - if not, then he can call and cancel on Monday or even Tuesday to get a Future cruise credit.     No harm in him waiting till Monday or even Tuesday the 14th.        

Yes, I know there are ways that cruising could resume earlier than 100 days from yesterday and I mentoned in my initial post in very brief way.    At this point of time we are still in pandemic and dealing with death everyday.    RCL may or may not make an announcement but again there is no harm in SS Brick letting it ride over the weekend.

Happy Holidays Everyone!

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, SSBrickNJ said:

OK....you received a praise that you are a travel agent who is worthy of respect. I think that was nice of your fellow cruiser to point that out.

I've been reading and posting....reading and posting. I haven't had time to reflect and really digest all this.

If I was your client....what would you tell me to do.

Call RCC tomorrow?

If "YES"....specifically say WHAT?

I'm overwhelmed by the mixed bag of advice....grateful....but overwhelmed.

It depends.

Do you want to pay Royal the rest of the money on the cruise and hope that the cruise gets cancelled and then wait another couple months to get your refund.  Then what happens if they sail but you don’t want to go...then you get the entire cruise back as a FCC.

no harm in waiting a couple days to cancel and get the $750 deposit back as a FCC but I don’t honestly think that anything will change between now and your final payment date.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

SS Brick does not have to do anything this weekend is my point.     Princess cruise lines announced today they are suspending all cruises till July.    So SS Brick can wait and see if RCL makes any announcement - if not, then he can call and cancel on Monday or even Tuesday to get a Future cruise credit.     No harm in him waiting till Monday or even Tuesday the 14th.        

Yes, I know there are ways that cruising could resume earlier than 100 days from yesterday and I mentoned in my initial post in very brief way.    At this point of time we are still in pandemic and dealing with death everyday.    RCL may or may not make an announcement but again there is no harm in SS Brick letting it ride over the weekend.

Happy Holidays Everyone!

Where did you see that about Princess? It's not on their official page, not in their press/media relations page and nothing on their verified FB or Twitter.  On their official page they are still showing cancellations through mid-May, that they announced in mid-March, like Royal and the other lines did.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Where did you see this, nothing on their website yet. 

Jump over to the princess forum and many are talking about the email they received from princess - but not yet posted on their website.      Also, there was a special announcement made on ctv to everyone / crew currently on princess ships on how they will get all crew back home.

Just now, Sunshine3601 said:

Jump over to the princess forum and many are talking about the email they received from princess - but not yet posted on their website.      Also, there was a special announcement made on ctv to everyone / crew currently on princess ships on how they will get all crew back home.

And if you scroll down in that thread over there, the guy that originally posted it, also posted an updated email from Princess:

Princess Cruises is aware of the April 9 order by the U.S. CDC to extend the pause in cruise operations and we are evaluating the impact this has on our scheduled sailings. Since this announcement was unexpected, we are making plans to minimize the disruption to our guests and will be sharing the details of our plan by the end of the business day on Tuesday, April 14. We will not have more information to share until the announcement next week. We ask our guests for their patience and encourage them to watch their email and notices & advisories on Princess.com for updates.

• Like 1