Now for something completely different

A tip I got from one of my Aussie friends about driving on the other side of the road. He said "John, just remember to keep Nancy in the gutter." Interesting advice.🤣🤣🤣

Not sure DW was as appreciated as I was for the driving advice.

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

8 hours ago, Blackduck59 said:

I debated on whether to post this on the pie thread but I'm not sure that pizza belongs there.

@Mareblu I  thought Mario may find these appealing. 

20240524_160912.thumb.jpg.60eb2a68489b47a434c2c96c6486770c.jpg

Cooked in this oven

20240524_162729.thumb.jpg.fd92a734894e452c667c09e8dd795d35.jpg

They look delicious, Lyle.  We enjoy the occasional pizza, but not often really.  We like thin crispy pastry and a scant amount of fresh, homemade sugo as a base.  Margarita, with buffalo mozzarella and fresh basil, is our favourite.

Just now, MicCanberra said:

Isn't Pizza a pie without the top crust?

No. If it doesn't have a top crust it's a tart, unless it's American pizza.

2 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

No. If it doesn't have a top crust it's a tart, unless it's American pizza.

I am not sure what nationality this particular pizza is but it is in Canada on a temporary visa.

• Haha 1

It is Neopolitan style pizza, with a very thin crust baked in a 900° oven. I'm not sure if it's wood fired. I think it is pretty authentic, I wouldn't know for sure. I've never been to Naples. 🤔

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
Just now, Blackduck59 said:

It is Neopolitan style pizza, with a very thin crust baked in a 900° oven. I'm not sure if it's wood fired. I think it is pretty authentic, I wouldn't know for sure. I've never been to Naples. 🤔

It's pretty close. This was the pizza from Da Michele in Naples - reputed to be the best pizzeria there.

2017-09-1912_34_03.thumb.jpg.318d98ab44c53c5e493fe209cb0382c1.jpg

Our local pizzeria is owned by a guy who grew up in Naples, from a family of pizziolas, and trained there.

If the pizza oven was 900°F then it's probably Woodfired. That temp, which is around 480°C, is the correct temperature to cook true Neopolitan pizza. 

Let me know if you want a pizza fix in Sydney. I'd love to take you to our pizzeria. They do make "white" pizzas ie without tomato. Am I right in recalling that Lynn doesn't eat tomatoes? Anyway Google Via Napoli Lane Cove.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ
  • Like 1

I have a query and it's totally sort of off topic but not really.  🤔

Anyway, you know how from time to time posters will refer to another poster and they use their 'name' but it appears in blue with an @ at the front how do you make that happen? Hang on I think I just worked it out - yay!  Thanks for you help everyone.  LOL! @Bubbeh

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

It's pretty close. This was the pizza from Da Michele in Naples - reputed to be the best pizzeria there.

2017-09-1912_34_03.thumb.jpg.318d98ab44c53c5e493fe209cb0382c1.jpg

Our local pizzeria is owned by a guy who grew up in Naples, from a family of pizziolas, and trained there.

If the pizza oven was 900°F then it's probably Woodfired. That temp, which is around 480°C, is the correct temperature to cook true Neopolitan pizza. 

Let me know if you want a pizza fix in Sydney. I'd love to take you to our pizzeria. They do make "white" pizzas ie without tomato. Am I right in recalling that Lynn doesn't eat tomatoes? Anyway Google Via Napoli Lane Cove.

Thanks Julie. Are you thinking for lunch on our turn around day in Sydney on March 30th? I know Mic is trying to have a brunch before the 4 of you board your cruise to Japan. We a certainly interested in joining in for that.

You are correct Lynn can't eat tomatoes (even though she loves them).

Lynn's pizza had pesto sauce, house made fennel sausage, pepperoni, hot Calabrese salami, crispy pancetta and topped with pickled red onions. For me it was Cremini mushrooms, pepperoni, fennel sausage, garlic and olive oil. Both were very good.

Of course to clear up the "wood fired" part, all I had to do was pay attention to the full name of the Pizzeria "900 degree wood fired pizza"

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Bubbeh said:

Anyway, you know how from time to time posters will refer to another poster and they use their 'name' but it appears in blue with an @ at the front how do you make that happen? Hang on I think I just worked it out - yay!  Thanks for you help everyone.  LOL! @Bubbeh

It works like a dropdown, there will be a list of screen names. By doing that the person listed will be alerted that they were mentioned.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Bubbeh said:

@Bubbeh I find it annoying at times, as I use ampersat for other things when I type.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bubbeh said:

Glad we could help:classic_laugh:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I just started watching a show about narrow boating. The presenter is Michael Downie, he is from Vancouver and his presentations are fun and informative. He has much of his stuff posted on youtube. He did a cross Canada by train which was fun. Each 1/2 hour episode was on Province. We are watching on our local independent TV station.

• Like 1

I have done four, two week, narrowboat cruises on UK canals and high highly recommend it if your'e after a thoroughly relaxing holiday. We rented our boats from Black Prince Holidays https://www.black-prince.com/

There was a series in 2015 hosted by John Sargeant (Strictly Come Dancing) which gives a good insight called Barging Around Britain

In 2014 we were moored at the Harecastle Tunnel while they were filming one of the episodes.

Prunella Scales (aka Sybil Faulty) and Timothy West also made a similar series Great Canal Journeys. Prunella was in early stages of dementia at the time but still carried it of very well.

Just now, Blackduck59 said:

Thanks Julie. Are you thinking for lunch on our turn around day in Sydney on March 30th? I know Mic is trying to have a brunch before the 4 of you board your cruise to Japan. We a certainly interested in joining in for that.

You are correct Lynn can't eat tomatoes (even though she loves them).

Lynn's pizza had pesto sauce, house made fennel sausage, pepperoni, hot Calabrese salami, crispy pancetta and topped with pickled red onions. For me it was Cremini mushrooms, pepperoni, fennel sausage, garlic and olive oil. Both were very good.

Of course to clear up the "wood fired" part, all I had to do was pay attention to the full name of the Pizzeria "900 degree wood fired pizza"

No, not for the brunch, it would be too inconvenient for Mic and Rosie.

More just if you suddenly crave good pizza Via Napoli is the place to go. There is also one in Surry Hills which could be easier from the city. 

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, lyndarra said:

I have done four, two week, narrowboat cruises on UK canals and high highly recommend it if your'e after a thoroughly relaxing holiday. We rented our boats from Black Prince Holidays https://www.black-prince.com/

There was a series in 2015 hosted by John Sargeant (Strictly Come Dancing) which gives a good insight called Barging Around Britain

In 2014 we were moored at the Harecastle Tunnel while they were filming one of the episodes.

Prunella Scales (aka Sybil Faulty) and Timothy West also made a similar series Great Canal Journeys. Prunella was in early stages of dementia at the time but still carried it of very well.

She certainly did.  We really enjoyed that series.

Edited by Mareblu

52 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

No, not for the brunch, it would be too inconvenient for Mic and Rosie.

More just if you suddenly crave good pizza Via Napoli is the place to go. There is also one in Surry Hills which could be easier from the city. 

The brunch is set for our embarkation day 21st February, not for the 30th March (which we cannot make).

• Thanks 1

We had a very nice visit with a friend we met on the East Coast cruise last year. She had one of the ridiculously short port stops that they do in Victoria (because of a US protectionist law),which makes a foreign port required, so for an Alaska cruise out of Seattle Victoria is the convenient "foreign" port. It's too bad they make such a short stop, in the evening, it really does short change their guests on a great place to visit. In spite of it being a short stop we did have a great time. She and her sister had both been here several times before, so they had seen most of the tourist places.

We picked them up at the port and we did a little drive along the waterfront then went up to the top of Mount Tolmie which has spectacular views of the city, you could even see their ship at the port. They hadn't been there before. Then we went to a nice pub, we shared several different appys and enjoyed good conversation for a couple hours. We took another different route back to the ship and bid them fair winds and a trailing sea. Sending them on their way with a selection of Purdy's (made in Vancouver) and Rogers (made in Victoria) chocolates. All in all a very pleasant evening.

• Like 9

Posted (edited)

Sometimes when I notice that someone hasn't interacted for a while with either a post or a reaction, I wonder if they're OK.  Maybe others also notice when 'regulars' have gone missing.  With that in mind and not because I think that my posts are eagerly awaited or anything, I'm just letting you know that you won't be hearing from me for a while after today.  At stupid time tomorrow morning (2:30am) we leave for the airport to fly to Bali for a month.  We usually spend June in Bali as after a day or two of winter, I've had enough.  In Bali we go techno free (no phones and only very limited use of the 'net) so I won't be online much if at all until early July.

BTW, this is not a fishing expedition for farewell wishes, just to bring you into the loop.

Edited by Bubbeh
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bubbeh said:

Sometimes when I notice that someone hasn't interacted for a while with either a post or a reaction, I wonder if they're OK.  Maybe others also notice when 'regulars' have gone missing.  With that in mind and not because I think that my posts are eagerly awaited or anything, I'm just letting you know that you won't be hearing from me for a while after today.  At stupid time tomorrow morning (2:30am) we leave for the airport to fly to Bali for a month.  We usually spend June in Bali as after a day or two of winter, I've had enough.  In Bali we go techno free (no phones and only very limited use of the 'net) so I won't be online much if at all until early July.

BTW, this is not a fishing expedition for farewell wishes, just to bring you into the loop.

You will get them anyway, Bon voyage, enjoy the warmth.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bubbeh said:

Enjoy Bali. Hope you have a safe holiday.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Bubbeh said:

Like you, I often wonder when a regular poster goes AWOL, so thank you for the heads up. Regardless, have a wonderful break in the warmth. Hear from you when you return.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1