After Ruby Princess - this Is The Last Thing We Need

I wouldn't have a clue who that guy is, I didn't even watch the trailer, and won't be watching the programme.

Actually I watch very little TV these days. Usually just MasterChef or other cooking shows.

8 hours ago, The_Big_M said:

Commercial channels - it's all about the ratings, nothing else. Say whatever to get people watching. At least we have the ABC (or what's left of it after government cuts).

I am hoping 4 corners will do a piece on Ruby Princess. Their investigations are usually pretty good in showing all sides of an issue and laying all the facts out. In saying that 60 minutes piece on the farmers water access I thought was quite good but then they brought themselves back down with that sensationalised rubbish about the origins of COVID19. Really is hit and miss that program😳

36 minutes ago, ilikeanswers said:

I am hoping 4 corners will do a piece on Ruby Princess. Their investigations are usually pretty good in showing all sides of an issue and laying all the facts out. In saying that 60 minutes piece on the farmers water access I thought was quite good but then they brought themselves back down with that sensationalised rubbish about the origins of COVID19. Really is hit and miss that program😳

I think Four Corners is an excellent program but I felt their White Island story was one sided.  Lots of air time given to the lawyer suing Royal but nothing from the Royal side.  There wasn't even the usual "Royal were approached and declined to speak to this program" statement.

39 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

I think Four Corners is an excellent program but I felt their White Island story was one sided.  Lots of air time given to the lawyer suing Royal but nothing from the Royal side.  There wasn't even the usual "Royal were approached and declined to speak to this program" statement.

I agree, it lacked a statement from Royal or from passengers that were survivors of that shorex. Perhaps due to legal issues, but still.

1 hour ago, aussielozzie18 said:

On the website it does have a statement from Royal at the end of the article:

Relatives to sue Royal Caribbean cruise line over New Zealand volcano tragedy

The show has a time limit it must stick to so perhaps the producers thought since the statement was pretty vacuous it wasn't worth using their time limit for.